• 60.000 Icelanders have gotten swine flu
    50 replies, posted
Doctors in Iceland have estimated that over 60,000 Icelanders have gotten the H1N1 influenza. That doesn't seem like much compared to more populated countries like U.S and Britain, but 60,000 is over 15% of Iceland. 110,000 Icelanders are considered immune to the virus since 50,000 have already been vaccinated. And the weird thing is, none of my closest friends or family have gotten it, including me. [B]Edited:[/B] Fixed for FacePunch's perfectionism. [URL= Source]http://mbl.is/mm/frettir/innlent/2009/11/20/60_thusund_hafa_sykst_af_h1n1/[/URL] (On Icelandic, just see where Google translate gets you)
60 Icelanders? Do you mean 60,000?
Iceland will become a huge hive of swine flu.
[QUOTE=Cypher_09;18470569]60 Icelanders? Do you mean 60,000?[/QUOTE] No, he means 60. It's Iceland, nobody but eskimos and polar bears.
[QUOTE=Cypher_09;18470569]60 Icelanders? Do you mean 60,000?[/QUOTE] I said 60.000.. Or are you talking about the fact that i put a . instead of a ,? Wow.. does that even matter? [B]Edited:[/B] [QUOTE=ThePutty;18470616]No, he means 60. It's Iceland, nobody but eskimos and polar bears.[/QUOTE] You've got us confused with Greenland, mate.
[QUOTE=ThePutty;18470616]No, he means 60. It's Iceland, nobody but eskimos and polar bears.[/QUOTE] Iceland = Green grass Greenland = Icy..
[QUOTE=JonniXD;18470663]I said 60.000.. Or are you talking about the fact that i put a . instead of a ,? Wow.. does that even matter?[/QUOTE] Yes, actually.
I didn't know polor bears and penguins got Swine Flu.
[QUOTE=JonniXD;18470663]I said 60.000.. Or are you talking about the fact that i put a . instead of a ,? Wow.. does that even matter? [/QUOTE] It matters a huge deal
The deal is you made it seem like 60 POINT zero zero zero, instead of 60,000, stupid polor bear.
Europeans use the . to seperate the thousands and the , to symbolize a fracture.
I've fixed it, can't we all stop being perfectionist's and discuss the actual news?
The fuck?
Polor :c
I wonder why this is so high. Is it because Iceland has most of its population concentrated in big tows and thus the disease spreads faster? Or do the Icelandish people have a higher risk of getting infected? Maybe because of the subpolar sun-times? Or because of a higher inbred rate?
Fucking panic. [QUOTE=thermal;18470698]I didn't know polor bears and penguins got Swine Flu.[/QUOTE] Penguins are on the south pole.
There are actually other fellow icelandic people that browse facepunch ?
That's what they get for living in places like Rake-a-Vick and shit.
iceland is misleading
[QUOTE=JonniXD;18470663]I said 60.000.. Or are you talking about the fact that i put a . instead of a ,? Wow.. does that even matter? [/QUOTE] People get pernickity because in the English language, your point is rendered as a comma in much the same way that French use guillemets instead of speech marks. We can get the meaning but Facepunch is notoriously picky over people's linguistic skills.
[QUOTE=Wheeze201;18472260]There are actually other fellow icelandic people that browse facepunch ?[/QUOTE] Nei
op do you live in iceland what is it like there
[QUOTE=JonniXD;18470555]Doctors in Iceland have estimated that over 60,000 Icelanders have gotten the H1N1 influenza. That doesn't seem like much compared to more populated countries like U.S and Britain, but 60,000 is over 15% of Iceland. 110,000 Icelanders are considered immune to the virus since 50,000 have already been vaccinated. And the weird thing is, none of my closest friends or family have gotten it, including me. [B]Edited:[/B] Fixed for FacePunch's perfectionism.[/QUOTE] Source? Maybe? Thank you?
[QUOTE=Waals Vander;18473825]op do you live in iceland what is it like there[/QUOTE] Yes, I live in Iceland. It's a good place to live in, not much crime and stuff (compared to other countries). It's pretty cold here though, the temperature is around 15-20°C (59-68°F). And no, we don't live in snow-houses and ride polar-bear sledges. That's Greenland.
[QUOTE=Zenreon117;18470675]Iceland = Green grass Greenland = Icy..[/QUOTE] In the spring Greenland is incredibly green and beautiful. Iceland has it's name from it's amazing glaciers. :smug:
[QUOTE=Watevaman;18472377]That's what they get for living in places like Rake-a-Vick and shit.[/QUOTE] It's actually pronounced Ray-kja-veek.
He is obviously talking about the supermarket: [url]http://www.iceland.co.uk/[/url] XD
And Nothing of Value Was Lost... Except those polar bears :sweden: (Swedish flag completely unrrelated.)
[QUOTE=MisterMooth;18470678]Yes, actually.[/QUOTE] Not really, you should be smart enough to know 60.000 means 60,000 we're not machines, try to actually THINK and ASSUME things. If he meant 60, he would put 60.
[QUOTE=Logidru;18476156]He is obviously talking about the supermarket: [url]http://www.iceland.co.uk/[/url] XD[/QUOTE] Oh.. my.. Odin.. I read "The Iceland story" [QUOTE]The Iceland Story Though sometimes confused with a small country of Viking origins on the fringes of the Arctic Circle, the real Iceland is a unique, fast-growing British food retailing business with over 700 stores throughout the UK. This is its story.[/QUOTE] They are not the real Iceland! We are the real Iceland!! Hrafna-Flóki named the country "Ísland" in the 800's! They where founded 1979. They are not allowed to call themselves the real Iceland. I'm not gonna rest until I've made them change that line.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.