Just purchased Killing Floor, can't wait to give it a try.
Ow. Prey 85% off. I got it when it was on sale for $5. Amazing game though.
[QUOTE=BigSmokeDawg;19254376]Burnout Paradise is a fucking fantastic game.[/QUOTE]
This is the best day since day 1.
I already own prey and it's a good game worth buying, especially for THAT price. Come on guys this is an instant buy. The orangebox is also awesome. I bought KF and Burnout Paradise. Good thing I still had KF pre-loaded :keke:
Burnout Paradise is... FUCKING AMAZING.
But for PC... not so much. Most of the DLC is missing. Criterion never said why.
Criterion had some great ideas for DLC that never made it to the final product.
[quote]1. Planes. A lot of Burnout fans already know about this - as we showed flying around in a live podcast. It was really cool to be able to see Paradise City from the air. It did not happen because of the way the game world was built. The city was never meant to be seen from such viewpoints. Think of it like a film set, a very big film set - meant to be seen from certain camera angles and not others.
2. Helicopters! Completely true. We wanted to have both Aerial Challenges and allow flying and driving players to work together. Players would be able to jump into containers swinging below hovering choppers. Even better, those hoops in the Airfield would have been able to be picked up by a heli and flown. That Freeburn Challenge involving jumping through a hoop would have been much more fun if a chopper was carrying it!
3. The Moon! Again, completely true. Someone on the team said that 'players want the moon on a stick when it comes to DLC' We thought that was funny and thought we'd do it. The actual surface of the real Moon was modelled and it was drive-able. Lunar Challenges would have been totally unexpected - as would have been zero gravity Takedowns and Challenges.
The idea was that we would have built a rocket pad on Big Surf. If you reached a certain Rank, or completed a number of specific challenges, you could drive there, press a button and the rocket would launch. Destination - Moon! (Now that would have beaten downloadable car liveries any day!)
4. Motorcycles Versus Cars - This one was always a moot point. Whilst we would love to do it (some of us are die-hard 'Road Rash' 3DO fans) - we thought it best to keep them separate. Mixing Burnout with Road Rash - or Burnout VERSUS Road Rash as we saw it would have led to pandemonium. A bit like dogs and cats living together. Although we remain 'ready to be believed' - it's clear that Cars could easily Takedown Bikes but Bikes can't really Takedown a Car - even with a length of chain...
5. Time Travel - Not many know about this, but it was discussed. On a certain day, a time portal would have opened on the Island. When you jumped through, you would have found yourself on Big Surf, at another point in history. Maybe the Wild West...you could have done some Challenges and then jumped back. (At this point, even some hardened members of The Burnout Team thought this was 'going a bit too far.')
6. Underground - This was once hinted at on our forum. The idea that you could drive down under the city - leading to fast underground tunnels and open areas for Challenges.
7. Boats - This was never prototyped but was discussed. If we had built a series of Islands we would have wanted the player to be able to race to them - in Cars, Planes or even Boats. Hence a few jetties were built into Big Surf. This never went further than a quick discussion. Most likely left on the table for being far too sane. But 'Burnout on the Water' would have been a lot of fun indeed. We all know that boats can jump because we saw it in the film "Live And Let Die.'[/quote]
i love you steam
Bought Burnout even though I have it for PS3.
Sucks that I have to wait until Jan. 1st before I get any more money to buy anything.
I sure hope the last few days have some good stuff.
If I'm going to make a full purchase, I would wait until the steam holiday sale is over. You never know when a full price game might go for sale.
I wonder if I should buy borderlands now or wait ?
[QUOTE=Snuffy;19254370]I bought Killing Floor yesterday. :gonk:[/QUOTE]
Was gonna buy it with a mate yesterday, but decided to wait and see if it got any further reductions.
I guess it paid off.
Bought killing floor. I might get prey as well.
[QUOTE=camper182;19257514]I wonder if I should buy borderlands now or wait ?[/QUOTE]
Shoulda got it when it was on sale.
[QUOTE=Dr Pepper;19257993]Shoulda got it when it was on sale.[/QUOTE]
It hasn't been in any Christmas sales yet.
I hope it doesn't go on sale or I will have wasted my money.
You wouldn't have wasted your money if you enjoy the game.
I have like 80% of today's deals...
Killing Floor well worth the money
[quote]Our sale on Prey was so popular we ran out of keys!! If we can get more, we'll try to bring this deal back. Stay tuned for a replacement deal for the rest of the day... [/quote]
Let's hope the replacement deal is any good then.
Oh, BioShock for 5 bucks. Pretty good I guess.
If I buy the orange box and I already have it, Will I get em as gifts?
Bioshock just replaced Prey... that is weird lol
wait already have orange box can't buy lol
Prey isn't on my list of games on sale, but Bioshock is.
[QUOTE=roberts91;19259177]Bioshock just replaced Prey... that is weird lol[/QUOTE]
Steam ran out of Prey CD Keys that's why they changed it
Went from 365 games to 393 in the past week, fucking crazy man. Have been playing Burnout, pretty fun. Space Siege is still downloading...
Our sale on Prey was so popular we ran out of keys!! If we can get more, we'll try to bring this deal back. Stay tuned for a replacement deal for the rest of the day...
broke mah automerge
Killing floor hell yeah! can't wait to see more games
I guess i'ts bit dumb to ask,but...
Killing Floor VS L4D2?
I'm huge fan of Valve and L4D's gameplay,but KF looks awesome too?
Should i go with L4D2 or Buy Killing floor?
Bioshock got on the list :confused:
AWESOME!!! I WAS WAITING FOR THIS!
Since last christmas that is. I couldn't buy it then :v:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.