• Telltale's Walking Dead to have 3rd season in 2016
    43 replies, posted
[quote]In speaking with [I][URL="http://mashable.com/2016/03/22/walking-dead-season-3-telltale-first-details/#BOlvJOv3qZq1"]Mashable[/URL],[/I] Telltale Games CEO Kevin Bruner confirmed a 2016 start date for [I]The Walking Dead Season 3[/I]. He also commented that the developers were working out how best to pick up the action after the finale of season 2, which, unlike many Telltale games, was notable for its lack of a cliffhanger that instead offered players various choices, each resulting in an ending with closure.[/quote] Source: [url]http://screenrant.com/telltale-games-the-walking-dead-season-3-2016/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P[/url] Welp!
Telltale. Quantity over Quality.
Can we please get Wolf Among Us Season 2 already? Walking Dead Season 2 was a mess and I'm not looking forward to how much they may mess it up further with Season 3.
After how abysmal the writing was in Season 2, especially with how they treated Kenny, I will never buy one of their games ever again
The first 10 minutes of season 2 are the best minutes of my life. I laughed so hard then uninstalled at how shit it was. If I can get that kind of gold again free on PS+ I am ABSOLUTELY in.
Yawn
[QUOTE=EliteGuy;49987899]After how abysmal the writing was in Season 2, especially with how they treated Kenny, I will never buy one of their games ever again[/QUOTE] Kenny is always right
release a sam and max season four telltale you fat fucking retards
I hope we get toplay as the baby this time.
A 3rd season has been confirmed for like, a year now. [QUOTE=EliteGuy;49987899]After how abysmal the writing was in Season 2, especially with how they treated Kenny, I will never buy one of their games ever again[/QUOTE] Going to assume you mean how they turned him into a crazy man? To the point where the game tricks you into [sp]killing him, only to find out that the ending where you kill Jane instead is a million times better[/sp]? Talk shit all you want about Season 2, but I personally felt Kenny was the saving grace of it. Even if they did handle him pretty poorly.
[QUOTE=Obama Yo Momma;49987859]Telltale. Quantity over Quality.[/QUOTE] I don't mind the quantity, but I wish they would differentiate their games. They think that their modern audience from Walking Dead: Season 1 onward will get confused by any gameplay at all, as opposed to (reasonably) thinking they would be confused from classic Lucas Arts type puzzles from the older Telltale games. Keeping the base template of choice making while also adding something unique to each game based on the source material (such as puzzle solving, or other types of role playing) would be really neat. As it is, though, Telltale have said themselves that they are trying to emulate companies like HBO, Netflix, etc. It also helps that they are moving back to monthly releases for upcoming series as well (and thank Christ for that...) However, for irony, I will point out that they did also announce a three episode DLC for Minecraft today.
[QUOTE=Keychain;49988003]A 3rd season has been confirmed for like, a year now. Going to assume you mean how they turned him into a crazy man? To the point where the game tricks you into [sp]killing him, only to find out that the ending where you kill Jane instead is a million times better[/sp]? Talk shit all you want about Season 2, but I personally felt Kenny was the saving grace of it. Even if they did handle him pretty poorly.[/QUOTE] I only watched an LP of Season 2 but was that really a trick to some people? I knew that was what she was doing as soon as she opened her mouth. What I noticed is that in the games all of the bad things basically happen because of children.
Didn't know there was this much of a negative outlook towards season 2. It wasn't stellar, and was downright bad at times, but I think by the end of it there was still a satisfying emotional payout. I, at the very least, was interested in what season 3 might be, as well as wanting to see a conclusion to Clem's story. Maybe it's just me, though. I have enjoyed every single one of Telltales games so far with the exception of [del]Michonne[/del] minecraft, jesus christ i nearly forgot about minecraft
[QUOTE=WillerinV1.02;49988298]Didn't know there was this much of a negative outlook towards season 2. It wasn't stellar, and was downright bad at times, but I think by the end of it there was still a satisfying emotional payout. I, at the very least, was interested in what season 3 might be, as well as wanting to see a conclusion to Clem's story. Maybe it's just me, though. I have enjoyed every single one of Telltales games so far with the exception of Michonne.[/QUOTE] Agreed. Still had some enjoyable moments in Season 2, especially near the end.
Kenny's ending, best ending
Season 2 was great, dunno what you're all on. Season 1 was a masterpiece, which is why Season 2 seems to pale in comparison. Still, the characterization of Kenny is seriously phenomenal. Arguably had stronger end chapters than parts of Season 1 with Ninja Molly, Fascist Crawford, and the Geriatric Boat Thieves.
[QUOTE=Jarokwa;49988393]kenny was always a shit character[/QUOTE] Spotted the Jane fan. :v: No but seriously, Season 2's ending climax was seriously heartwrenching.
[QUOTE=Cmx;49987922]Kenny is always right[/QUOTE] The thing I hated the most about S2 that Kenny was always right but went about everything in the worst possible way. Siding with Kenny alienated you from everyone else and you never got to give everyone an "I told you so" at the end :[
season 2 was such a joke compared to season 1. Walking Dead: Handholding edition
[QUOTE=Keychain;49988003]A 3rd season has been confirmed for like, a year now. Going to assume you mean how they turned him into a crazy man? To the point where the game tricks you into [sp]killing him, only to find out that the ending where you kill Jane instead is a million times better[/sp]? Talk shit all you want about Season 2, but I personally felt Kenny was the saving grace of it. Even if they did handle him pretty poorly.[/QUOTE] I knew exactly what was happening in the end and chose to [sp]kill Kenny anyway. Dude was fucking crazy and just kept getting people killed and causing problems. I actually wish there was a way you could've ditched both Kenny and Jane in Episode 5 and left with Bonnie, Mike and Arvo, who were all much more likable and mentally stable people.[/sp] What really pissed me off was that after doing that, your two options are [sp]"Thanks for forcing a situation where either you or Kenny had to die, Jane! Let's be BFFs and live happily ever after together!" and "Oh my god Jane you fucking idiot you got Kenny killed I'm taking this baby and leaving by myself, no matter how stupid of a decision that is!"[/sp]
[QUOTE=TacticalBacon;49989174]I knew exactly what was happening in the end and chose to [sp]kill Kenny anyway. Dude was fucking crazy and just kept getting people killed and causing problems. I actually wish there was a way you could've ditched both Kenny and Jane in Episode 5 and left with Bonnie, Mike and Arvo, who were all much more likable and mentally stable people.[/sp] What really pissed me off was that after doing that, your two options are [sp]"Thanks for forcing a situation where either you or Kenny had to die, Jane! Let's be BFFs and live happily ever after together!" and "Oh my god Jane you fucking idiot you got Kenny killed I'm taking this baby and leaving by myself, no matter how stupid of a decision that is!"[/sp][/QUOTE] God you reminded me of Mike. I loved that guy, [sp]the scene where you see them ditching you was fucking heartbreaking.[/sp]
I havent seen [sp] kennys ending, but lone ending was my favourite[/sp] I hope that even if they wont release the vita version, they would at least give us a way to import the saves from that game
I loved Season One. And for all it's flaws Season Two did have a few of its own moments, but I agree on how TTG wasted or otherwise rushed story arcs, railroaded the hell out of it and basically made the interactive parts as boringly straightforward as you expect,[Sp]like the one where you had to turn off the wind turbine. Not to mention unlike in S1 where if you fucked up you hsd to deal with it whereas in S2, if you for instance don't hide in the house Rebecca instantly changes her mind on coming in. Or how Sarah and Nick die with virtually zero input regardless of your choices. It also annoyed me that it went from "Clem's a child, she's far more vulnerable" to being able to take down hordes of walkers in one go and making big decisions for everyone else. Episodes 1, 2 and the early part of 3 were great at showcasing this with Clem almost getting killed because of walkers or people overpowering her but then all of a sudden she became a combat expert without any development. They could've handled it better.[/sp]
Season One was amazing, yeah, but I loved playing Clementine, even if she [sp]pretty much ran the whole show by herself and none of the adults (but Mike it seemed?) seemed capable of doing decisions without her and all the survivors but Bonnie and Mike seemed so poorly written and incompetent as a result.[/sp]
The Walking Dead died when [SP] Lee died.[/SP]
[QUOTE=.Isak.;49988415]Season 2 was great, dunno what you're all on. Season 1 was a masterpiece, which is why Season 2 seems to pale in comparison. Still, the characterization of Kenny is seriously phenomenal. Arguably had stronger end chapters than parts of Season 1 with Ninja Molly, Fascist Crawford, and the Geriatric Boat Thieves.[/QUOTE] The scene with Lee [sp]in season 2 was heartbreaking for me :( I miss Lee[/sp]
Anyone that didn't stand with Kenny ever since he first appeared is a heretic.
Season 2 was boring. barely anything happened and the ending didn't make up for it.
After the big mess that was the plot of Season 2 (2-3 different writters changing everything that happened at the previous chapter), I have little hopes for Season 3 (unless they make their mind and focus again on write something that makes sense). It wasn't only the plot, it was also the fact that unlike in S1, on S2 almost all the options you choose have zero relevance as you will guided into the story, one way or another...and then it comes the ending which has more options and changes than the whole game. And don't get me started with the characters, especially [sp]with the russian kid. It doesn't matter if you are mean or nice with him, what a shit.[/sp] Or when they do something stupid like [sp]go across a frozen lake instead of surround it, or stand still the whole group agaisnt Carver.[/sp] Flimsii did a great review and analysis of it: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOTyShw6sbI[/url] [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIcc7HwBA0w[/url]
The ending choice for Season 2 would've been miles better if it was [sp]Luke vs Kenny[/sp]. That fucking pissed me off.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.