• World's Oldest Man Parties On 113th Birthday and Reveals His Secrets
    100 replies, posted
Taken from [url=http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20090922/tod-world-s-oldest-man-parties-on-113th-870a197.html]here[/url]: [quote]The world's oldest man has celebrated his 113th birthday - revealing he takes one aspirin a day to stay healthy. Walter Breuning celebrated his milestone with a party at his home in the Rainbow Retirement Community in Great Falls, Montana. He told those gathered: "Remember that life's length is not measured by its hours and days, but by that which we have done therein. "A useless life is short if it lasts a century. "There are greater and better things in us all, if we would find them out. There will always be in this world - wrongs. No wrong is really successful. "The day will come when light and truth and the just and the good shall be victorious and wrong as evil will be no more forever." The 113-year-old, considered to be the world's oldest man, attributes his long life to eating well and keeping physically and mentally active. He also says he takes one aspirin a day. Mr Breuning is in such good shape that he still strolls the halls of the retirement home, wearing a suit and tie, and walks the ramps to his second-floor apartment. He was born on September 21, 1896, in Melrose, Minnesota. In 1912, he became a railway worker, which led him to Montana in 1918. He stayed in the job until retiring in 1963. Mr Breuning has outlived all of his family. He lost his wife in 1957 after 35 years of marriage - they did not have any children.[/quote] [img]http://d.yimg.com/i/ng/ne/skynews/20090922/10/324595201-world-s-oldest-man-parties-113th-birthday.jpg[/img]
Damn, he witnessed so many historical events.
Awesome old guy, pretty simple, wise & badass, he's seems pretty nice too.
Holy shit..... [quote]"Remember that life's length is not measured by its hours and days, but by that which we have done therein."[/quote] Huh, I guess wisdom does come with age.
Id be depressed if i was him
Note to self: Take an aspirin a day.
Would suck to be that guy. He's had to endure all the people close to him dying.
[img]http://www.thecurmudgeon.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/charles_montgomery_burns.jpg[/img] [editline]05:06PM[/editline] [QUOTE=dutchah;17447293]Holy shit..... Huh, I guess wisdom does come with age.[/QUOTE] Well if you live to be 113 years old you start to figure shit out.
I thought taking medicine daily without need would be bad for you...
[QUOTE=Second-gear-of-mgear;17447316]I thought taking medicine daily without need would be bad for you...[/QUOTE] As long as you take less than the max dosage then you should be fine.
Cake reminds me of south park, 100+ candles on the cake. Lol.
"Remember that life's length is not measured by its hours and days, but by that which we have done therein." Easy for him to say, since he's 113 and all
brb chugging aspirin so I can become a highlander
[QUOTE=Death0nWings;17447381]brb chugging aspirin so I can become a highlander[/QUOTE] I was named after Connor McCleod :smug: Also that's awesome, personally wouldn't want to live that long though.
Damn 1896...
Well aspirin is good for preventing heart attacks - at low dosages. But medical study's are actually starting to show the daily use of aspirin can have harmful effects.
This guy sounds awesome. I can't imagine living that long.
[QUOTE=Conn92;17447425]I was named after Connor McCleod :smug: Also that's awesome, personally wouldn't want to live that long though.[/QUOTE] My buddy was named after Connor McCleod. But you aren't my buddy. Also, I deem this fellow to be 'Hard core'.
[QUOTE=MR-X;17447550]Well aspirin is good for preventing heart attacks - at low dosages. But medical study's are actually starting to show the daily use of aspirin can have harmful effects.[/QUOTE] Well isn't he the proof to the contrary?
[QUOTE=Carnag3;17447602]Well isn't he the proof to the contrary?[/QUOTE] Exactly. I would like to see how the world goes, so maybe I should take Aspirin
[QUOTE=Carnag3;17447602]Well isn't he the proof to the contrary?[/QUOTE] There's always points way outside of where they should be in any set of data you take. He's just one of those abnormal points, I guess. There's probably plenty of people who take an aspirin per day and only live to be a normal age, or even die sooner.
Mr Breuning has outlived all of his family. Man, that's gotta suck
What has he done? He lived his life as a railway worker and he gives an image like he had done something awesome and remarkable.
He's probably lived through the most technologically advancing century ever.
Wow, at least he's gonna die one day a happy, person who lived a full life.
[QUOTE=Hullu V1;17447672]What has he done? He lived his life as a railway worker and he gives an image like he had done something awesome and remarkable.[/QUOTE] Every little cog, makes the machine going. He might wasn't something big, but he surely is a big man among his fellows.
[QUOTE=Hullu V1;17447672]What has he done? He lived his life as a railway worker and he gives an image like he had done something awesome and remarkable.[/QUOTE] He is a person at the bottom of the grand scheme of things. Without him and everyone else at the bottom, everything at the top fails.
Born in the 1800.. jees
My great grandfather was a WW2 veteran and was 109 when he died. He never took any aspirin. Seriously it sucked when he died.
He reminds me of my grandpa.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.