• 5000 pounds of potatoes stolen from Vancouver field
    35 replies, posted
[img]http://bc.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.937354!/httpImage/image.jpeg_gen/derivatives/landscape_620/image.jpeg[/img] [quote] Police are on the lookout for thieves who allegedly pilfered 5,000 lbs. of potatoes from a Richmond farmer’s fields. The $5,000 worth of spuds went missing from vegetable and berry grower Bill Zylmans’ W&A farms over the past 10 days. Zylmans said a crop section the size of a football field was taken, with only the uprooted plants left behind in the field. Though Zylmans has experienced theft of his crops before, especially pumpkins and berries, he says it has never been to this magnitude or in such difficult to access areas. “This was a lot more than what I’ve ever seen before,” said Zylmans. “It’s a hard living to make. People have no respect.” RCMP are now saying they’ll need to step in and increase patrol in rural areas. Officers are reminding the public that trespassing on private property and crop theft are criminal offences, and since in this case the theft is over $5000, there would be a serious charge. Police are still investigating, but Sgt. Cam Kowalski said the theft is mind-boggling to them. “We’ve got various conspiracy theories, but we’ve got nothing definitive to go on,” he said. “We just don’t know where there’s a secret market for underground potato sellers.” Crop theft is a major concern for the community due to the financial and environmental impact it can have. Attempts have been made to address the issue before by the Richmond Farmer’s Institute, which put up signs asking the public to “respect the farmer’s livelihood,” according to a City of Richmond report. Richmond Mayor Malcolm Brodie expressed concern as well, calling the offence “disturbing” in a police press release due to the already numerous challenges facing farmers in an urban environment. But since signs alone didn’t protect his fields this time, Zylmans is pleading directly with those who steal from farmers to stop. “Whether you’re stealing a car on the street or stealing a farmer’s crops, it’s theft,” he said, “Where’s your consideration for what people are doing for you to have good food at your table?” Police are asking if anyone has information about the thefts to call Richmond RCMP or report the thefts to CrimeStoppers. [/quote] [url=http://bc.ctvnews.ca/potato-thieves-peel-off-with-5-000-worth-of-crops-1.937344]** PORTAL 2 JOKE GOES HERE **[/url] Okay, so in the last two months we have seen stolen goats, stolen bees, stolen maple syrup, and now stolen potatoes???
...fucking [i]how?[/i]
They needed them to boot GLaDOS
Someone was hungry.
Is there a market for Maple Syrup Potatoes?
[QUOTE=MrEndangered;37489560]Is there a market for Maple Syrup Potatoes?[/QUOTE] First maple syrup, now potatoes. Our worst fears have been realized. The terrorists have found our weak spot. Gentlemen, I believe Al Qaeda is trying to create the largest breakfast bowl ever.
We'll find them and give them a stern talking to, eh.
Those [B][I][U]BASTARDS.[/U][/I][/B]
That ARG was a year ago guys, go and return the potatoes. Unless if they want that "golden potato badge".
The real question is, why the hell would you steal 5000 pounds of potatoes. You would need to plan that in advance, it's not something you just go and do.
[QUOTE=Luci-fer;37489687]The real question is, why the hell would you steal 5000 pounds of potatoes. You would need to plan that in advance, it's not something you just go and do.[/QUOTE] A pool filled with french fries would be awesome.
Why do people keep taking our food?! Well, our food and our pancake toppings. Not to mention it always seems to be in mind boggling amounts.
They will probably make a bunch of beer with it
How'd they even take that many potatoes without anyone noticing? They'd need a pretty big truck (or a bunch of trucks) to carry all of those potatoes, I'm sure that someone would've noticed something.
[QUOTE=TurtleeyFP;37489861]How'd they even take that many potatoes without anyone noticing? They'd need a pretty big truck (or a bunch of trucks) to carry all of those potatoes, I'm sure that someone would've noticed something.[/QUOTE] Have 20 people dress up as Santa Claus and carry all the potatoes in large sacks.
God dammit Ireland.
The Gophers have gotten smarter it seems.
First it was the maple syrup and now its the potato, shit, I think It might be Epic meal time.
Potato death camps run by aliens of course.
Now the flags so far down the mast that it is on the ground. Sad day for Canada.
black market spuds
first thing I imagined was a baseball stadium filled to the top with potatoes, the lights flickering out for just a blink of the eye and the potatoes seeming to vanish into thin air
Fucking bastards! When is this food theft going to end?!
Damnit Canada, get your shit together. [editline]1st September 2012[/editline] What if its a hoax and hes trying to collect on the insurance on his field...?
That's a lot of vodka
God damn Canada. First $35 million worth of maple syrup! Now $5000 of potatoes!
The great potato sadness
Need to supply the underground potato black market somehow.
Just in: the perpetrators have crashed, after a brief police chase [IMG]http://niggaupload.com/images/3pY8H.jpg[/IMG]
Ha. The guy is all like "Dude what"
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.