• Michael Jackson's hair on fire (1984)
    54 replies, posted
[quote] A previously unreleased video of Michael Jackson's hair catching fire while filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984 was posted online by Us magazine Wednesday. The onstage mishap 25 years ago, in which Jackson's scalp was burned, has been blamed for leading the entertainer to prescription pain medications. A publicist for Us magazine said the publication would not comment on how the video was obtained. The dramatic footage shows pyrotechnics exploding near Jackson and yellow flames immediately erupting on his black hair. The pop star continues to dance down stairs for about 10 seconds before stage hands rush to him to douse the fire that has covered his scalp. A bald spot is clearly seen at the top of Jackson's head as he stands up. Still wearing his trademark sequined glove, Jackson grabs his head with his hands as he is led offstage. Video Watch the accident unfold » The video -- posted at usmagazine.com -- also shows early takes of the commercial in which the fireworks were triggered several seconds after Jackson began dancing down the stairs, putting him well away from the blasts. advertisement The commercial was filmed in Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium before a live audience on January 27, 1984. It was part of Jackson's groundbreaking Pepsi sponsorship, near the height of his popularity. [/quote] Vid: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/15/jackson.video/index.html#cnnSTCVideo[/url] Source: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/15/jackson.video/index.html#cnnSTCText[/url]
Nice
So this is what destroyed his life... [editline]11:56PM[/editline] I laughed at how he danced down to the guy then danced some more before getting pulled down by the stage crew.
Must have been all the hair products he used that kept the fire burning so intensely. Anyways in before news puns.
This is what got him addicted to paracetamol, isn't it?
It kind of looked like he got jumped when they were trying to put out the fire.
Why didn't they do anything until the last minute!! "Errr, boss, Mr Jacksons head is on fire" "Wait for it..." "He must be in pain, sir" "Wait until he's completely frazzled.......now!"
Don't worry guys, it was all part of the stunt.
Michael Jackson sure caught his [b]hair on fire.[/b]
I always wondered if he had to wear a tupee. The bald spot made me go :v: .
I feel ashamed that I laughed so hard while watching this. Dear god, what kind of monster am I? But I do feel bad for him. That must've hurt like a bitch.
Poor guy, was thinking of a pun, but i respect him.
Ahahahaha, he had a bald spot.
[QUOTE=Killergam;16064298]Poor guy, was thinking of a pun, but i respect him.[/QUOTE] Oh, that's [i]hot[/i] Michael got [i]burned[/i] I'm an [i]asshole[/i]
OH lol I remember they recreated that in that Jackson 5 movie.
Pepsi killed Michael Jackson.
[b]Michael Jackson[/b]: Too Hot for TV
Anyone have a non-cnn source for the video? The CNN video player won't load for me for whatever reason.
Looks like he didn't even notice his hair was on fire until all the people on stage swarmed him.
[QUOTE=tjl;16064644]Anyone have a non-cnn source for the video? The CNN video player won't load for me for whatever reason.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01TvbsTE-ZE[/url]
[QUOTE=Victor Leferve;16063057]This is what got him addicted to paracetamol, isn't it?[/QUOTE] You can't get addicted to Tylenol. He got addicted to Demerol.
Michael looks a bit [i]flaming[/i] in this video.
There was a joke about this that I heard: [quote]What's the difference between Michael Jackson and Richard Pryor? [sp]Pryor was burned by coke and Jackson was burned by Pepsi.[/sp] What do they have in common? [sp]They're both charter members of the ignited negro college fund.[/sp][/quote]
wow why the hell did he spin around like that? that made the situation so much worse.
[QUOTE=Jessesmith11;16065981]wow why the hell did he spin around like that? that made the situation so much worse.[/QUOTE] He was still dancing, and didn't notice the burning. I'm guessing he didn't notice the burning until a dozen crew-members bum rushed him and had to pat his head down.
Is it bad that I laughed my ass off after watching the video?
Michale Jackson truly was a flaming queer.
How is that video graphic and disturbing?
[QUOTE=RoboNokia;16067408]How is that video graphic and disturbing?[/QUOTE] He was burning.
Relevant. You might also want to turn the annotations off. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4Yw0nyVSa4[/media]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.