• It’s Coming: Battlefield 3 At GDC 2011
    154 replies, posted
[url]http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RockPaperShotgun/~3/8Dkd6Nk2eE4/[/url]
Wow, I'm really excited. They've kept it a pretty good secret so far, as long as videos and pictures go.
Yay!
It better not suck.
I just want battlefield 2 that has modified weapons, acogs, eotechs, etc. FIXED HIT DETECTION, god damn shooting at someones face and doing no damage in BF2 is annoying as FUCK. Blood puffs, not smoke puffs, planes, helicopters, and AA that isn't retarded to avoid. The rest will be icing on the cake.
Battlefield 2's gameplay + BFBC2's graphics and sounds would be perfect for me.
Maybe it will be BF2 rebuilt on the new Frostbite engine.
I wish they would stop using GDC as a second E3.
I'd still prefer a true 1942 sequel. BF2 was great, but i really loved the naval warfare. <3 submarine.
I hope it has a shitton of vehicles.
[QUOTE=Hypernova;27347680]I hope it has a shitton of vehicles.[/QUOTE] its rumored to have 48 vehicles
[QUOTE=Matrix374;27347802]its rumored to have 48 vehicles[/QUOTE] Fuck yes, back to the real battlefield days!
Bigger max players would be great. Obviously since stuff is always headed to console too it holds back a ton of stuff that the PC was able to handle fine years ago, including the playcount, but huge battles are a must for BF3. Question is how much HUGE BATTLE atmosphere there is with 32 players max. I wish they would bump up the max players in multiplayer shooters already. Especially with lots of vehicles and different roles for players on big maps, the atmospheric techniques used in BC2 would be awesome. (The graphics and sound do a great job for that in BC2 already, despite the rather narrow fights)
Didn't they say there was going to be 32 man servers, not 64? [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Johnnsen;27348470]Bigger max players would be great. Obviously since stuff is always headed to console too it holds back a ton of stuff that the PC was able to handle fine years ago, including the playcount, but huge battles are a must for BF3. Question is how much HUGE BATTLE atmosphere there is with 32 players max. I wish they would bump up the max players in multiplayer shooters already. Especially with lots of vehicles and different roles for players on big maps, the atmospheric techniques used in BC2 would be awesome. (The graphics and sound do a great job for that in BC2 already, despite the rather narrow fights)[/QUOTE] Yes they did.
I wish it would go a bit in the ArmA 2 direction.
40 for consoles, 64 for PC I think. [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] Indeed, one of the great accomplishments of BF1942 was how massive the battles were. You'd hear battle sounds in the distance constantly... from actual gameplay. No faking it like previous WWII games did. Now we're back to faking it. Amazing isn't it?
It better be 64 players! [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Carne;27348652]It better be 64 players![/QUOTE] I never liked playing 16 vs 16, because it felt tiny compared to 32 vs 32.
When is GDC gonna start?
[QUOTE=Carne;27348652]It better be 64 players! [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] I never liked playing 16 vs 16, because it felt tiny compared to 32 vs 32.[/QUOTE] I agree.
[QUOTE=BmB;27348537]40 for consoles, 64 for PC I think. [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] Indeed, one of the great accomplishments of BF1942 was how massive the battles were. You'd hear battle sounds in the distance constantly... from actual gameplay. No faking it like previous WWII games did. Now we're back to faking it. Amazing isn't it?[/QUOTE] BC2 doesn't fake it either, but the maps aren't nearly as big sadly.
Still think it should be PC only imo but as long as the PC version isn't a port i'll be happy!
[QUOTE=Johnnsen;27349045]BC2 doesn't fake it either[/QUOTE] Depends on what sound setting you have on.
[QUOTE=Squarebob;27347339]It better not suck.[/QUOTE] It's going to. The game is on the frostbyte engine; which shows a huge emphasis on destruction. If BF3 has the same emphasis for destruction that BC2 had, it's going to be [I]exactly [/I]like Bad Company 2. It's an unpleasant thought, but try to combine BC2's destruction with the gameplay elements of BF2. It simply doesn't work. First: with destruction, they're not going to have 64 player servers; everything would get destroyed far too quickly. This means they'll bump it down to 32 to save some of the terrain. Second, think of all of the BF2 maps; how would those maps flow with destruction? Horribly; imagine Karkand with people leveling the first set of city streets. It would suck. i hope to god that they do BF3 well but being a cynic is safer, gets rid of the disappointment
[QUOTE=BrickInHead;27349237]It's going to. The game is on the frostbyte engine; which shows a huge emphasis on destruction. If BF3 has the same emphasis for destruction that BC2 had, it's going to be [I]exactly [/I]like Bad Company 2. It's an unpleasant thought, but try to combine BC2's destruction with the gameplay elements of BF2. It simply doesn't work. First: with destruction, they're not going to have 64 player servers; everything would get destroyed far too quickly. This means they'll bump it down to 32 to save some of the terrain. Second, think of all of the BF2 maps; how would those maps flow with destruction? Horribly; imagine Karkand with people leveling the first set of city streets. It would suck. i hope to god that they do BF3 well but being a cynic is safer, gets rid of the disappointment[/QUOTE] i think you just crushed every last piece of hope i had [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] maybe that's for the best
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;27349257]i think you just crushed every last piece of hope i had [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] maybe that's for the best[/QUOTE] look at it this way: they could surprise you! probably not, unless Frostbyte 2.0 is drastically different in practically every way. but they still can
Who said that they were going to have destruction? Frostbite != Destruction Yes, it's a big feature and all, but not necessary to keep the engine working.
I hope to see some non-serious vehicles like a drivable tractor or civilian vehicles like regular cars.
[QUOTE=Flubadoo;27349327]Who said that they were going to have destruction? Frostbite != Destruction Yes, it's a big feature and all, but not necessary to keep the engine working.[/QUOTE] i highly doubt that it will not have destruction [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] it's not a "big" feature, it's a [I]major [/I]feature, it's the fucking point of the engine
All I want from BF3 is to have graphics and destruction akin to BFBC2, and the gameplay and map design of BF2.
[QUOTE=Pandamobile;27349451]All I want from BF3 is to have graphics and destruction akin to BFBC2, and the gameplay and map design of BF2.[/QUOTE] I believe this is what we all want.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.