• It’s Coming: Battlefield 3 At GDC 2011
    154 replies, posted
And those who bought Medal of Honour LE are in the Beta :O
am I the only one who hated the destruction in BC2 and was not impressed by it? every map ended out to where there was no where safe and the destruction was the same 3 houses with walls breaking in the same spots
[QUOTE=supertoaster;27358094]am I the only one who hated the destruction in BC2 and was not impressed by it? every map ended out to where there was no where safe and the destruction was the same 3 houses with walls breaking in the same spots[/QUOTE] I agree. It was gimmicky, laggy as fuck in the engine, made everything less stable, and wasn't even that good, since it effectively stopped any large-scale city maps like Strike at Karkand. Atacama harbour is about the closest we got to street combat.
Bad Company 2 is a bit crap. Hit detection is my biggest gripe about it, I mean, mortar strikes that land square on top of several troops and I get no kills and only a few hit markers? what?
I hope this offers me something that Bad Company 2 doesn't have [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=theLazyLion;27353307]The only thing I'm really hoping for is for some damn optimization in Frostbite2, BC2 was a disaster engine optimization wise. Since the beta till now, I haven't been able to play the game above lowest settings at 1280x720 without getting a slide show. And I'm running 280 GTX SLI, quadcore 2.00 ghz core two duo, 4 gigs of ram. Was really disappointed with this. Hope it doesn't happen again with this engine since it's being built from scratch apparently.[/QUOTE] the game runs beautifully for me, at literally maximum settings i'm still getting upward of 140 FPS, so maybe there's just something messed up with your system
To me, bad company 2 just felt.... floaty. Like, helicopters sometimes crashed, sometimes didn't, same with hit registers, same with the destruction. Never felt like I knew how anything was going to react. Sometimes it'd make sense, sometimes not. Never felt open to creativity either. When you think of the crazy shit people got up to in previous battlefield games, BC2 just felt... almost linear? Not the right word, but do you know what i mean?
BF3 announced BC2 worst game of all time
[QUOTE=M_B;27358374]I hope this offers me something that Bad Company 2 doesn't have [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] Seems everything runs shit on my PC. I give up. I'm playing 360 only until I get enough money to just buy some shitty prebuilt alienware pc for a billion pounds. Nothing ever works on my pc without hours of intensive tweaking to try and eek out 15fps. 4GB ram GTX 260 896mb 2.4ghz intel dual core. the game runs beautifully for me, at literally maximum settings i'm still getting upward of 140 FPS, so maybe there's just something messed up with your system[/QUOTE] [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=zeldar;27358486]BF3 announced BC2 worst game of all time[/QUOTE] Bad company 2 was enough to bade me over till BF3, but not much more. I never thought it was as good as lots of people said. [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] The fuck is my post inside a quote for? Edited: Seems everything runs shit on my PC. I give up. I'm playing 360 only until I get enough money to just buy some shitty prebuilt alienware pc for a billion pounds. Nothing ever works on my pc without hours of intensive tweaking to try and eek out 15fps. 4GB ram GTX 260 896mb 2.4ghz intel dual core. the game runs beautifully for me, at literally maximum settings i'm still getting upward of 140 FPS, so maybe there's just something messed up with your system
[QUOTE=RivaGe;27347438]Battlefield 2's gameplay + BFBC2's graphics and sounds would be perfect for me.[/QUOTE] BC2 had terrible graphics and sounds. I honestly prefer BF2's engine over it any day. :colbert:
[QUOTE=K1ngo64;27358598]BC2 had terrible graphics and sounds.[/QUOTE] :v:
[img_thumb]http://i.imgur.com/lZbYi.jpg[/img_thumb] This is BC2 maxed with AA off.
My game looks better than that and it's on medium.
I'm excited for this. I just pray that it's going to be more like Battlefield 2 and less like Bad Company 2.
Fuckit, give me BF1942 with a bigger draw distance and better hit detection, and new maps and vehicles and i'll buy it.
[QUOTE=zeldar;27358486]BF3 announced BC2 worst game of all time[/QUOTE] no actually pretty much the entirety (eh maybe closer to two thirds) of the Bad Company 2 subsection was in agreement approximately 2 months after release that it was a massive letdown and pretty shitty
BC2 was great fun with friends because the squad system really improved from BF2 Also Play4Free was on frostbite and it didn't use any destruction. Same for Medal of Honor
[QUOTE=Imperfect;27347419]I just want battlefield 2 that has modified weapons, acogs, eotechs, etc. FIXED HIT DETECTION, god damn shooting at someones face and doing no damage in BF2 is annoying as FUCK. Blood puffs, not smoke puffs, planes, helicopters, and AA that isn't retarded to avoid. The rest will be icing on the cake.[/QUOTE] fuck you so much
[QUOTE=BrickInHead;27359540]no actually pretty much the entirety (eh maybe closer to two thirds) of the Bad Company 2 subsection was in agreement approximately 2 months after release that it was a massive letdown and pretty shitty[/QUOTE] Nah. /\ Play4Free uses the BFH engine.
[QUOTE=Batmoutarde;27359592]BC2 was great fun with friends because the squad system really improved from BF2 Also Play4Free was on frostbite and it didn't use any destruction. Same for Medal of Honor[/QUOTE] i disagree i think the squad changes were a step backwards by making it so that you could spawn on any of your squadmates it completely ruined the "squad" sense of the game, there was practically no reason to stay around one central leader and stay alive together in one group.
ninja [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] ugh twice in a row
I don't mind destruction as long it's minor. Blowing away a fence or trees and certain walls is fine. I just dont' want to be taking cover in a house and the whole fucking thing just blows up.
[QUOTE=zeldar;27359692]Nah. /\ Play4Free uses the BFH engine.[/QUOTE] Which is the same engine Battlefield 2 uses, with a few minor tweaks. :eng101:
would be kinda cool if you got a specific weapon or two for playing a certain battlefield game, Thompson/K98 from 42, no idea what from BF2, SPAS-15/f2000 from BC1, AEK/something from BC2, kinda like that.
Also 2142 [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] jerk
I expected 124 max :colbert:
[QUOTE=BrickInHead;27359693]i disagree i think the squad changes were a step backwards by making it so that you could spawn on any of your squadmates it completely ruined the "squad" sense of the game, there was practically no reason to stay around one central leader and stay alive together in one group.[/QUOTE] Yeah but being squad leader sucked though nobody wanted to be
[QUOTE=Snuffy;27360265]Which is the same engine Battlefield 2 uses, with a few minor tweaks. :eng101:[/QUOTE] That make it worse.
There should be damage buildup on walls and stuff, that's cosmetic first, but after like 5 grenades or whatever, the wall comes down. That would make it so you could use destruction tactics, like slowly taking down a wall through bullets, then putting a grenade into the wall and walking in and killing everyone, but the map wouldn't get destroyed too quickly. 128 players would be sweet.
[QUOTE=cis.joshb;27360743]There should be damage buildup on walls and stuff, that's cosmetic first, but after like 5 grenades or whatever, the wall comes down. That would make it so you could use destruction tactics, like slowly taking down a wall through bullets, then putting a grenade into the wall and walking in and killing everyone, but the map wouldn't get destroyed too quickly. 128 players would be sweet.[/QUOTE] You need a helluva gun to damage a wall.
[QUOTE=markfu;27351579]Or would you call E3 a second GDC?[/QUOTE] I wouldn't call it anything, E3 is a media event and GDC is for game developers to confer about the trade and the tools and such. So let's keep the big reveals for E3 and the technical mumbo jumbo for GDC yes. [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=RivaGe;27353620]Are you serious? It's probably the best looking FPS game and it runs perfectly on close to max settings on my 4670. And it's the first game I've played which allows you to change graphic settings on the fly without restarting.[/QUOTE] Protip: Disable bloom, it earns you about 30 frames of performance and looks twice as good. Don't use HBAO, it doesn't look that good and it's a one way ticket to lagtown.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.