• It’s Coming: Battlefield 3 At GDC 2011
    154 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Edthefirst;27351415]We've had 128 for over 5 years now. Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising was released in 2004 and had 128 player MP.[/QUOTE] 150 player MP actually. In one of the expansion pack betas there were 256 player games with only a little lag.
I hope it has prone.
Not BC3, why wouldn't it have prone? [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] I just hope they have a better fix for dolphin diving than in BF2, I still want to be able to dive over a chest high wall and into cover. Just crank those inaccuracy values during diving how retarded can one be?
I don't know about you guys, but I haven't been overly impressed with the FrostBite Engine. Not only for the destruction, but for the graphics too. I just don't like the feel of them, it doesn't feel like Battlefield to me. I hope they move onto a new engine or at least an updated version thats unrecognizable from BC2. I don't want this have ANY vibes of being a BC3. I just want..BF3. Is that so much to ask for :(
[QUOTE=xxdeadb0ltxx;27361552]Is that so much to ask for :([/QUOTE] Yes.
I can't wait, my balls are tingling!
[QUOTE=Johnnsen;27348470]Bigger max players would be great. Obviously since stuff is always headed to console too it holds back a ton of stuff that the PC was able to handle fine years ago, including the playcount, but huge battles are a must for BF3. Question is how much HUGE BATTLE atmosphere there is with 32 players max. I wish they would bump up the max players in multiplayer shooters already. Especially with lots of vehicles and different roles for players on big maps, the atmospheric techniques used in BC2 would be awesome. (The graphics and sound do a great job for that in BC2 already, despite the rather narrow fights)[/QUOTE] Are you refering to 32 players per team? Cause currently BF2 supports up to 64 player games. I doubt they would go backwards.... [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Kidd;27360101]I don't mind destruction as long it's minor. Blowing away a fence or trees and certain walls is fine. I just dont' want to be taking cover in a house and the whole fucking thing just blows up.[/QUOTE] [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] Thats cause your a camper
[QUOTE=HCF;27362392] Thats cause your a camper[/QUOTE] Camping with the right class in bf2 can be a game changer.
[QUOTE=johan_sm;27362689]Camping with the right class in bf2 can be a game changer.[/QUOTE] Its also super fucking lame.
Things need to be more destructible than in BC2. I don't want to see a pixel worth of stuff I can't remove with sufficient explosives. :D
[QUOTE=BmB;27363106]Things need to be more destructible than in BC2. I don't want to see a pixel worth of stuff I can't remove with sufficient explosives. :D[/QUOTE] no
[QUOTE=BrickInHead;27363168]no[/QUOTE] yes
Yes. Go shoot rockets at invincible wooden doors in 2004, I'll be in the future if you need me.
[QUOTE=BmB;27363201]Yes. Go shoot rockets at invincible wooden doors in 2004, I'll be in the future if you need me.[/QUOTE] Go shoot doors that are not meant to be shot while you should be following the story and linear gameplay and enjoying the experience it gives to you.
[QUOTE=BmB;27363201]Yes. Go shoot rockets at invincible wooden doors in 2004, I'll be in the future if you need me.[/QUOTE] go ahead and destroy every pixel of the environment like a tool while the enemy team caps your point then you ADD little tool; it's not like it's a game that should have some form of landscape other than a horizontal plane because you just want to level everything [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] i called you a tool too many times in that post, let me grab a thesaurus really quickly [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] twit
[QUOTE=kukiric;27363249]Go shoot doors that are not meant to be shot while you should be following the story and linear gameplay and enjoying the experience it gives to you.[/QUOTE] This is Battlefield.
[QUOTE=BrickInHead;27359693]i disagree i think the squad changes were a step backwards by making it so that you could spawn on any of your squadmates it completely ruined the "squad" sense of the game, there was practically no reason to stay around one central leader and stay alive together in one group.[/QUOTE] I disagree. If anything, it helped. In the originals, if your squad leader died, he can't spawn on you. Your entire squad had to either split up, or fall all the way back to a friendly point to regroup with your newly spawned squad leader. Now, if you squad leader takes a 50 cal. to the head, he can simply respawn one of the three of you and keep on plowin'. How does that remove the need to stay around a central leader? It makes you work together. If anything, it removes some big monarch character and makes each squad member equally important. If ever you do split up, it would only be by a few dozen feet or so, flanking around a house. The only time you'd ever truly split up is if your squad had no intention at all of working together, such as someone sitting in the back getting marksman headshots while another viciously camped the heli spawn. [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=FunnyBunny;27363538]I disagree. If anything, it helped. In the originals, if your squad leader died, he can't spawn on you. Your entire squad had to either slowly die off, or fall all the way back to a friendly point to regroup with your newly spawned squad leader. Now, if you squad leader takes a 50 cal. to the head, he can simply respawn one of the three of you and keep on plowin'. How does that remove the need to stay around a central leader? It makes you work together. If anything, it removes some big monarch character and makes each squad member equally important. If ever you do split up, it would only be by a few dozen feet or so, flanking around a house. The only time you'd ever truly split up is if your squad had no intention at all of working together, such as someone sitting in the back getting marksman headshots while another viciously camped the heli spawn.[/QUOTE]
But that's how 90% of people play, join a squad for the free spawn point, don't teamplay for shit. So I think the free spawn point should be taken away. Including other "incentives" to play in a squad. There should be literally no advantage but the fact that you are playing as an organized group. That'll keep the loners out of the squads and actually make them useful.
Or you could just play with people you know/know online, and still take advantage of the squad benefits.
Can't wait for this one.
I remember playing on a custom jetplane map with friends and we intentionally crash into each other in high speed. Shit was awesome :v:
Battlefield 2 with a lesser emphasis on Jets would be great. Jets completely ruined vehicle maps.
[QUOTE=BmB;27363567]But that's how 90% of people play, join a squad for the free spawn point, don't teamplay for shit. So I think the free spawn point should be taken away. Including other "incentives" to play in a squad. There should be literally no advantage but the fact that you are playing as an organized group. That'll keep the loners out of the squads and actually make them useful.[/QUOTE] That and alot of servers now threatening to kick you if you don't join a squad which forces alot of lonewolfs out there into squads, which could be a spot for someone who wants to be a teamplayer.
[QUOTE=Nyaos;27365119]Battlefield 2 with a lesser emphasis on Jets would be great. Jets completely ruined vehicle maps.[/QUOTE] You couldn't drive a tank on Wake Island for more than 10 seconds before some asshole pilot with a 40-0 K:D ratio bombed your ass to hell.
[QUOTE=BmB;27347549]I wish they would stop using GDC as a second E3.[/QUOTE] They should use Pax east Pax east is the only really-popular Convention on the East coast :saddowns:
[QUOTE=Tac Error;27365740]You couldn't drive a tank on Wake Island for more than 10 seconds before some asshole pilot with a 40-0 K:D ratio bombed your ass to hell.[/QUOTE] Haters gonna hate... This takes me back to the days of 1943 where I was a total pimp of a pilot and could always land a bomb on a tank. The pinnacle of my days was when I dive bombed 2 tanks that were passing each other on a road on Guadalcanal. Each bomb (1 from each wing) hit a tank, blowing up both of them, giving me a multikill.
[QUOTE=Nyaos;27365119]Battlefield 2 with a lesser emphasis on Jets would be great. Jets completely ruined vehicle maps.[/QUOTE] TV Guided missiles weren't much better. When the air is more powerful than the anti-air there's something dead wrong.
It's being shown on my birthday :unsmith:
Good antiair+slower jet spawn would be good.
Also, if I hit a jet or a heli with a tank shell. That jet or heli damn well better fucking *disintegrate*, not shrug it off like it was nothing.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.