• It’s Coming: Battlefield 3 At GDC 2011
    154 replies, posted
[QUOTE=M_B;27358374]I hope this offers me something that Bad Company 2 doesn't have [editline]11th January 2011[/editline] the game runs beautifully for me, at literally maximum settings i'm still getting upward of 140 FPS, so maybe there's just something messed up with your system[/QUOTE] Well there was this thread on the EA forums taking about two brothers who bought the exact same prebuilt pc's at the exact same time, both having the same hardware, one brother was able to max out all the settings while the other had the same problem I did, couldn't run the game past low without getting a slideshow. So they tried everything, switching hard drives, steam accounts, reinstalling, etc.. etc.. nothing would work, for some reason the game just wouldn't run well on that one brother's pc while on the other it was fine. It's a problem that DICE said they would patch, it happened to 10% of the players, and they never patched it. Even when I tried the new MoH beta hoping that at least they would have improved the engine I couldn't run that game past lowest settings.
Hmm i just switched to windows 7 recently from vista. And when i installed BC2 on win 7 it ran like crap, then installed audio driver and fixed. Back to 50-60fps again.
I really hope it's not some downgraded crappy 32 player console port. The thrill of Battlefield 2 for me was always the squad mechanic. How you were actually working as a team, under a commander, and you weren't just CoD-style deathmatching everywhere: it truly felt like a team game. Huge maps, huge player counts, and more akin to BF2 than BC2.
I just hope they have the same game structure as BF2 really; same classes and unlock system, same ranks. Remove the artillery strike from the sniper, give it back to the commander, etc.
Remove artillery strikes from commander, give it back to artillery vehicles.
No commander No. Fucking. Commander
[QUOTE=BmB;27347549]I wish they would stop using GDC as a second E3.[/QUOTE] Who cares as long as it's released they can use whatever event they want.
I really hope they go over the top with the player count like what MAG did.
Personally I'm still hoping for a remake of BF2142. Time for some 2143!
[QUOTE=BmB;27371171]Remove artillery strikes from commander, give it back to artillery vehicles.[/QUOTE] Actually this is better than brick's suggestion. [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] You actually needed a spotter to get targets and shit
i'm assuming that's how it was in 1942 (never played it, sadly)
[QUOTE=Jake_Steel;27371953]Personally I'm still hoping for a remake of BF2142. Time for some 2143![/QUOTE] It will probably happen. They made remakes of 1942 and Vietnam, why not 2142?
[QUOTE=SlashSpeed;27373238]It will probably happen. They made remakes of 1942 and Vietnam, why not 2142?[/QUOTE] Ugh, 1943 does not even live up to the name of 1942 They seriously need to give a 100% group effort for 3 and not some half-assed effort like Heroes and shit
Sorry but when did they remake vietnam?
The video of BF3 is floating around the net. Looks a lot like BC2.
[QUOTE=Hypernova;27347680]I hope it has a [b]shipton[/b] of vehicles.[/QUOTE] :eng101:
[QUOTE=Batmoutarde;27359592] Also Play4Free was on frostbite and it didn't use any destruction. Same for Medal of Honor[/QUOTE] Nope, Play4Free is Refractor.
BF3 + Project Reality = Win? :raise:
[QUOTE=madmax678;27378434]BF3 + Project Reality = Win? :raise:[/QUOTE] Hopefully they'll make one.
[QUOTE=marlkarxv2;27380333]Hopefully they'll make one.[/QUOTE] They are focused on Project Reality: Arma and Project Reality 2 (own engine). Doubt they will touch BF3.
Frostbite isn't really moddable anyway and I doubt it will be.
[QUOTE=matt54;27376650]The video of BF3 is floating around the net. Looks a lot like BC2.[/QUOTE] ive never heard of this it would be massive news
They re using Frostbyte 2, we knew that a long time. (BC2 was 1.5)
[QUOTE=Profanwolf;27372248]Actually this is better than brick's suggestion. [editline]12th January 2011[/editline] You actually needed a spotter to get targets and shit[/QUOTE] Not gonna work :/ Despite the fact that the Battlefield series are MUCH slower paced games than the COD series, people will still not have enough times sitting in some guard tower with binoculars and looking where shots hit, to relay coordinates to an arty vehicle and then have the guy readjust and fire another salvo. Best you can hope for is that they will finally make a use for the sniper's binoculars 'Artillery Needed Here!' option, and make it something like Artillery vehicles can either manual fire or lock on to sniper's binocular's coordinates.
[QUOTE=FunnyBunny;27384308]Not gonna work :/ Despite the fact that the Battlefield series are MUCH slower paced games than the COD series, people will still not have enough times sitting in some guard tower with binoculars and looking where shots hit, to relay coordinates to an arty vehicle and then have the guy readjust and fire another salvo. Best you can hope for is that they will finally make a use for the sniper's binoculars 'Artillery Needed Here!' option, and make it something like Artillery vehicles can either manual fire or lock on to sniper's binocular's coordinates.[/QUOTE] Did you even play bf 1942 [editline]13th January 2011[/editline] Because it seems you didn't
We should ram him With a battleship.
Holy dicks, it's called Frostbite, not byte.
My dumb solution to the jet problem: I hope they add an Anti-Air class. Just like the Anti-Tank guy from BF2, so basically the same load-out and anything, just with a stinger instead of a javelin. Maybe he replaces the AT guy on aircraft centered maps. But yeah, I really hope BF3 will be as good as BF2. See, I had a shitty internet connection when it came out, so I could only play Multiplayer when I was at my dad. And even with bots, it was some seriously awesome game. I hope they don't mess this up
Here's a solution to the jet problem: Don't make them more durable than tanks with the firepower to match.
[QUOTE=BmB;27391788]Here's a solution to the jet problem: Don't make them more durable than tanks with the firepower to match.[/QUOTE] Mine is more fun :colebert: [editline]13th January 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Scar;27391844]Mine is more fun :colebert:[/QUOTE] :colbert:
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.