• 2011 UK Riots Thread
    3,924 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Deiru;31573830]I hope this doesn't sound really bad....But I giggled when I seen the smoking wreck with a sign in front of it saying "Low emission zone".[/QUOTE] You inconsiderate bastard, think of our beautiful planet full of these beautiful peop....nevermind.
Prediction of course of events: 1) Politicians publically vow to prevent further shootings by tightening gun law further. 2) This law is enforced in gun clubs/target ranges, where people are mostly law abiding. 3) Nothing is done about actual gun crime.
[QUOTE=Craig Willmore;31573299]destroy city property to get what you want it always (never) works[/QUOTE] Destroying property is a nasty side-effect of riots. Riots are the part that works. Perhaps you remember the incident in this little country called Egypt? And Libya?
BBC pointing out the obvious a bit here. [img]http://i.imgur.com/WzJ7Z.png[/img]
[QUOTE=Binladen34;31573596]I just wanna know, how the hell do you go from "THIS ISN'T RIGHT LAW ENFORCEMENT!" to "KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL THEM!!! *Blood foaming mouth*"[/QUOTE] Anarchists. UK's full of them.
[QUOTE=Deiru;31573908]BBC pointing out the obvious a bit here. [img]http://i.imgur.com/WzJ7Z.png[/img][/QUOTE] I just thought they were "mildly angry". Thanks for clearing that up BBC! :v:
[QUOTE=FunnyBunny;31573902]Destroying property is a nasty side-effect of riots. Riots are the part that works. Perhaps you remember the incident in this little country called Egypt? And Libya?[/QUOTE] Riots did nothing in either of those countries, and they rarely do. In Egypt, rioting was largely in isolated pockets, and I remember us admiring the protesters in the I love baton thread who got into groups and handed rioters and looters over to the police. In Libya, neither rioting nor peaceful protesting was enough, they had to arm themselves and fight the government. Any regime that ignores a sizeable peaceful protest is going to ignore a riot too, and for a regime which cracks down on protesters, rioting is just going to help them justify it.
Power to the people!
[QUOTE=Askaris;31573874]Prediction of course of events: 1) Politicians publically vow to prevent further shootings by tightening gun law further. 2) This law is enforced in gun clubs/target ranges, where people are mostly law abiding. 3) Nothing is done about actual gun crime.[/QUOTE] I agree but Imagine what these riots would be like if guns where legal.
-snip-
This is not turning into a fucking gun control thread. This is NOT being turning into ANOTHER fucking gun control thread.
[QUOTE=smurfy;31574066]This is not turning into a fucking gun control thread. This is NOT being turning into ANOTHER fucking gun control thread.[/QUOTE] Well this was started because of guns.
Wow, even when there is gun control, criminals still have guns, if people in the uk were allowed to have guns this never would have happened [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RL5BSJoxI6M/S149heR1ntI/AAAAAAAAATY/DDpszX7osbE/s200/SarcMark-002.jpg[/img]
This is the moment when the bus burst into flames (at least according to Twitter) [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/bus.jpg[/img]
ffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I am out of here Oh actually, a final note. This really, legitimately doesn't have anything to do with gun control. In the shooting a criminal had a gun. He would have gotten that gun whether guns were legal or illegal. The police had guns. They would have gotten those guns whether guns were legal or illegal. If any thread has to become the five-millionth gun control thread, this isn't it.
My friend actually just messaged me about the shop that caught fire, and said that it was a Tottenham HotSpar.
[QUOTE=JakeIsWin;31574063]How come this shit never happens in the US?[/QUOTE] We're too lazy for this.
[QUOTE=JakeIsWin;31574063]How come this shit never happens in the US?[/QUOTE] Cause US citizens just sit there and take it. To us, a man being shot to death in a police shooting, the media makes it seem like he had something to do with shooting back at the police. Or just generally something worthy of being shot at. If not, it never hits the news. In the case of a guy like this, they probably wouldn't let it get much notoriety.
[QUOTE=Luuper;31574102]Wow, even when there is gun control, criminals still have guns, if people in the uk were allowed to have guns this never would have happened [img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RL5BSJoxI6M/S149heR1ntI/AAAAAAAAATY/DDpszX7osbE/s200/SarcMark-002.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] No if we where allowed guns everyone in that riot would be wielding fire arms and shooting the fuck out of everything. America can get away with fire arms because it's a country that was brought up with them, the UK on the other hand would just end in anarchy if they suddenly legalised them.
[QUOTE=Bombardier.;31574181]We're too lazy for this.[/QUOTE] That too.
[QUOTE=carcarcargo;31574018]I agree but Imagine what these riots would be like if guns where legal.[/QUOTE] I imagine not very different. I wonder how many of the people out there rioting are responsible members of a gun club. Edit: Ok, sorry. Not another gun control thread :v:
[QUOTE=Binladen34;31574196]Cause US citizens just sit there and take it. To us, a man being shot to death in a police shooting, the media makes it seem like he had something to do with shooting back at the police. Or just generally something worthy of being shot at. If not, it never hits the news. In the case of a guy like this, they probably wouldn't let it get much notoriety.[/QUOTE] Or maybe we're more civilized and don't attack the police at every instance possible for trying to do their job.
Shit man, at first I thought this was something to do with a football match gone wrong ('cause Tottenham has a football team, the Tottenham Hotspur F.C, otherwise called the Spurs), but I dunno if that was the cause. Anyone know what kicked off this violent riot?
[QUOTE=carcarcargo;31574204]No if we where allowed guns everyone in that riot would be wielding fire arms and shooting the fuck out of everything. America can get away with fire arms because it's a country that was brought up with them, the UK on the other hand would just end in anarchy if they suddenly legalised them.[/QUOTE] As would any country with a sudden change like that IMO.
[QUOTE=ironman17;31574227]Shit man, at first I thought this was something to do with a football match gone wrong ('cause Tottenham has a football team, the Tottenham Hotspur F.C, otherwise called the Spurs), but I dunno if that was the cause. Anyone know what kicked off this violent riot?[/QUOTE] Police shot someone dead, linked to the "radio stopped a bullet" thread. I'll wait for the investigation, but it looks like there was an exchange of fire, and he lost. That was a couple days ago, I think.
Lets hope this isn't a new muslim protest.
[QUOTE=carcarcargo;31574204]No if we where allowed guns everyone in that riot would be wielding fire arms and shooting the fuck out of everything. America can get away with fire arms because it's a country that was brought up with them, the UK on the other hand would just end in anarchy if they suddenly legalised them.[/QUOTE] DID YOU SERIOUSLY JUST FUCKING MISS THAT? ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING? SERIOUSLY?!
Somebody has got to steal some of Boris' bikes whilst this is going on surely?
[QUOTE=Stockers678;31574337]Somebody has got to steal some of Boris' bikes whilst this is going on surely?[/QUOTE] Nah it's embarrassing enough to be seen on them, let alone steal them. All the other criminals would laugh at you down the pub. Plus the BDMs aren't that far out from the center of London.
[QUOTE=smurfy;31574148] If any thread has to become the five-millionth gun control thread, this isn't it.[/QUOTE] I was going to post a long-arse reply about gun control, but fair enough. Guess I'm just worried because I can see a load of knee-jerk legislation coming in just before I get my license. EDIT: Which, in retrospect, is ludicrously selfish.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.