• 2011 UK Riots Thread
    3,924 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Jaanus;31589170]Oh motherfuck, I'll be living there this year.[/QUOTE] Tottenham isn't [I]horrible[/I], I grew up there for my early years. Just have to have some common sense and avoid the squalid areas. Avoid The farm like it's plague ridden, basically. [editline]7th August 2011[/editline] as long as the last broadwater riot doesn't happen again, it's a result
Apparently it's also spilled over into enfield as well now.
[QUOTE=icemaz;31589729]Apparently it's also spilled over into enfield as well now.[/QUOTE] Yeah I heard that from my mate there [editline]7th August 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=ewitwins;31586119]Reminds me of the Rodney King riots in '92[/QUOTE] reminds me of the Tottenham riots of 1985, in that it's key underlying motivations remain the same [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadwater_Farm_riot[/url] as long as noone gets decapitated this time
[QUOTE=matt.ant;31588708] [img]http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/120554987.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921E86F5CE8BE5D78FBD97582F6A9ADC341968DAAA531C982A2123EA722D9628CE2[/img][/QUOTE] Are you fucking kidding me? Look at it, it's gonna collapse if you so much as wink at it! This is sad beyond belief.
Fuck! The cinema in enfield is on fire. I wanted to see planet of the apes :( Krispy Kreme's apparently gone too.
[QUOTE=jaykray;31590324]Fuck! The cinema in enfield is on fire. I wanted to see planet of the apes :( Krispy Kreme's apparently gone too.[/QUOTE] Those bastards. Krispy Kreme's donuts are absolutely awesome.
[QUOTE=Deiru;31590411]Those bastards. Krispy Kreme's donuts are absolutely awesome.[/QUOTE] Now they're burnt :suicide:
[QUOTE=jaykray;31590458]Now they're burnt :suicide:[/QUOTE] If you're in Birmingham anytime soon, feel free to use our Krispy Kreme. Just out of curiousity, but could you see the donuts being made in your one?
[QUOTE=Deiru;31590500]If you're in Birmingham anytime soon, feel free to use our Krispy Kreme. Just out of curiousity, but could you see the donuts being made in your one?[/QUOTE] Yeah and every hour they would give you free ones. This is it now. [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2vkexoy.jpg[/IMG] Like something from a zombie movie.
So it's like: "We demand justice for the crimes committed by the cops" *Proceeds to loot shops owned by innocent citizens*
[QUOTE=FPSMango;31590570]So it's like "We demand justice for the crimes committed by the cops" *Proceeds to loop shops owned by innocent citizens*[/QUOTE] Police prevent people from looting shops "See, they are brutal we done nothing wrong"
greedo shot first
According to radio news, someone has just been stabbed. According to personal news, my dad has decided to go and check on my cousin's house in enfield (they're in portugal)
[QUOTE=jaykray;31591109]According to radio news, someone has just been stabbed. According to personal news, my dad has decided to go and check on my cousin's house in enfield (they're in portugal)[/QUOTE] I support the police more the more the rioters act like assholes.
Apparently this could affect the Spurs match next week, not confirmed though. [quote=Daily Mail]Tottenham must wait to hear if the club’s Premier League kick-off at home to Everton on Saturday will be postponed after riots in the area. White Hart Lane is less than a mile from Tottenham Police Station, where around 300 people gathered from 5.30pm on Saturday to protest over the fatal shooting of Mark Duggan, 29.[/quote]
[QUOTE=FPSMango;31590570]So it's like: "We demand justice for the crimes committed by the cops" *Proceeds to loot shops owned by innocent citizens*[/QUOTE] More like "We demand justice that may or may not be necessary for the potential crimes that may or may not have been committed by the cops"
[QUOTE=Sir Whoopsalot;31589858]Are you fucking kidding me? Look at it, it's gonna collapse if you so much as wink at it! This is sad beyond belief.[/QUOTE] Some person on the news who lives (lived?) in it said that all the floors inside have gone and its just a massive shell now.
Sky news just said that the bullet found in the police officer's radio, was police issue, so I don't know what to think at the moment.
Dad's back, says that there were gangs everywhere he looked.
[QUOTE=Deiru;31591394]Sky news just said that the bullet found in the police officer's radio, was police issue, so I don't know what to think at the moment.[/QUOTE] Police issue bullet? What type of weapons would a police officer normally carry?
[QUOTE=jaykray;31591441]Dad's back, says that there were gangs everywhere he looked.[/QUOTE] How's your cousin's house?
[QUOTE=Deiru;31591460]How's your cousin's house?[/QUOTE] It's fine, all the bad stuff is happening just on the other side of enfield
[QUOTE=jaykray;31591500]It's fine, all the bad stuff is happening just on the other side of enfield[/QUOTE] That's good to hear then....Just a shame about the Krispy Kreme.
This is a good twitter feed to keep an eye on: [url]http://twitter.com/#!/PaulLewis[/url]
[QUOTE=Deiru;31591394]Sky news just said that the bullet found in the police officer's radio, was police issue, so I don't know what to think at the moment.[/QUOTE] That could mean anything, I haven't kept up on what the armed police in London carry but I assume they use 9mm pistols which I would further assume aren't that hard to get hold of so I think this is just sky news being terrible.
[QUOTE=Jsm;31591576]That could mean anything, I haven't kept up on what the armed police in London carry but I assume they use 9mm pistols which I would further assume aren't that hard to get hold of so I think this is just sky news being terrible.[/QUOTE] Maybe the police have to use specific ammo, like NATO have NATO rounds
[QUOTE=strayebyrd;31591605]Maybe the police have to use specific ammo, like NATO have NATO rounds[/QUOTE] 9mm/45acp are the standard NATO/Military/Police round so i'd assume that.
Depends on the department's constable (or some other high-rank official) but they are generally 9mm pistols (glock 17s, 26s or the Sig Sauer P226) for the armed officers. Also, armed officers may carry tasers. ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_police_firearms[/url])
[QUOTE=Terminutter;31592081]Depends on the department's constable (or some other high-rank official) but they are generally 9mm pistols (glock 17s, 26s or the Sig Sauer P226) for the armed officers. Also, armed officers may carry tasers. ([url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UK_police_firearms[/url])[/QUOTE] I've only seen them once or twice but from what i saw both times they were using a MP5
Oh yeah, I was just referring to the pistols. It's generally the MP5.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.