• Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 'Loses Contact'
    853 replies, posted
[QUOTE=runtime;44291032]Nope, MH370. It was published last week I think. British tabloids really are that stupid.[/QUOTE] And I was really thinking England was more sane than us Still, at least your BBC news anchors didn't ask a panel of experts if the plane was swallowed by a black hole like ours on CNN
Update on this: Royal Australian Air Force has spotted possibly debris from the plane [url]http://www.news.com.au/world/possible-wreckage-spotted-in-search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-raaf-plane-on-its-way-to-identify-objects/story-fndir2ev-1226859680610[/url]
[QUOTE=fruxodaily;44297621]Update on this: Royal Australian Air Force has spotted possibly debris from the plane [url]http://www.news.com.au/world/possible-wreckage-spotted-in-search-for-missing-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370-raaf-plane-on-its-way-to-identify-objects/story-fndir2ev-1226859680610[/url][/QUOTE] That stories late watching the local news here in perth they recently landed no details yet on what they found though.
Hmm, if it was a hijacking and they wanted to keep the passengers alive, wouldn't they need to get like large supply of food from somewhere? Anyway, those debris kind of like shining parts of the waves to me, even in the close up picture.
[QUOTE=Lexinator;44297697]That stories late watching the local news here in perth they recently landed no details yet on what they found though.[/QUOTE] It'll take some time for them to evaluate their findings and see if it identifies with a Boeing 777
[QUOTE=fruxodaily;44297757]It'll take some time for them to evaluate their findings and see if it identifies with a Boeing 777[/QUOTE] They still haven't said anything got back 2 hours ago news pointed out shipping containers are 24m long and perth having fremantle a busy port next to it, but hopefully it sheds some light. [editline]20th March 2014[/editline] [QUOTE=Sodisna;44297748]Hmm, if it was a hijacking and they wanted to keep the passengers alive, wouldn't they need to get like large supply of food from somewhere? Anyway, those debris kind of like shining parts of the waves to me, even in the close up picture.[/QUOTE] Being a bit grim here but if it was a hijacking for the plane only they're probably dead.
[QUOTE=Lexinator;44297769]Being a bit grim here but if it was a hijacking for the plane only they're probably dead.[/QUOTE]That's what I was saying in the thread posted specifically about the possible debris off Perth. Someone asked why they would hijack a plane over the ocean with no target nearby. And my point was that you would if you don't want to use the plane just yet. It becomes a frighteningly powerful weapon.
[QUOTE=ViralHatred;44292716]Sun =/= Serious Tabloid Hell the Daily Mail, Telegraph or Independent are more reputable.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Autumn;44293012]serious as in it thinks it's a serious paper, whereas the sunday sport knows outright that it's a complete joke and plays along with it.[/QUOTE]
Why isnt there a tracker on planes that can't be turned off and works over an ocean?
[QUOTE=Intoxicated Spy;44300034]Why isnt there a tracker on planes that can't be turned off and works over an ocean?[/QUOTE] I think several of the posts in this thread have investigated that question and answered it pretty well..
[QUOTE=Intoxicated Spy;44300034]Why isnt there a tracker on planes that can't be turned off and works over an ocean?[/QUOTE] Basically in case of fires they need to be able to shut off all non essential equipment. This has been covered several times.
If the plane did go underwater, it would be pretty deep now wouldn't it? You probably shouldn't take me seriously, but would submarines be useful about now?
[QUOTE=imacc2009;44300741]If the plane did go underwater, it would be pretty deep now wouldn't it? You probably shouldn't take me seriously, but would submarines be useful about now?[/QUOTE] Depends on how deep the submarines can go, how much pressure can they handle, etc..
[QUOTE=imacc2009;44300741]If the plane did go underwater, it would be pretty deep now wouldn't it? You probably shouldn't take me seriously, but would submarines be useful about now?[/QUOTE] I think that submersibles would be used instead, like the ones that crews use on wrecks like the RMS [i]Titanic[/i]. At those depths, a regular submarine would implode under the pressure.
[QUOTE=Cheshire_cat;44302295]I think that submersibles would be used instead, like the ones that crews use on wrecks like the RMS [i]Titanic[/i]. At those depths, a regular submarine would implode under the pressure.[/QUOTE] You said that an hour ago, this was posted an hour ago: [url]http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/wall-street-journal/robotic-submersibles-likely-to-be-needed-in-search-for-flight-370/story-fnay3ubk-1226860799882#[/url] I think that their watching us.
Jesus this is ridiculous,I know it's a needle in a haystack situation but I would have thought we would SOMETHING else by now
[QUOTE=imacc2009;44300741]If the plane did go underwater, it would be pretty deep now wouldn't it? You probably shouldn't take me seriously, but would submarines be useful about now?[/QUOTE] The thing is that modern planes are specifically designed to fall apart in water. By now all of the seats would have surfaced.
[QUOTE=matty928;44303972]Jesus this is ridiculous,I know it's a needle in a haystack situation but I would have thought we would SOMETHING else by now[/QUOTE] I thought we would something else but we havent something else yet so maybe we will something else tomorrow.
[QUOTE=Stents*;44304170]The thing is that modern planes are specifically designed to fall apart in water. By now all of the seats would have surfaced.[/QUOTE] "modern planes" What defines it as modern? A lot of the planes flying are 20+ years old
[QUOTE=Code3Response;44304792]"modern planes" What defines it as modern? A lot of the planes flying are 20+ years old[/QUOTE] This one was 12 years old [url]http://www.planespotters.net/Production_List/Boeing/777/28420,9M-MRO-Malaysia-Airlines.php[/url]
So 9 News just posted this to their Facebook saying [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/1604868_670962392951601_920203828_n.jpg[/IMG] [QUOTE]If the wreckage of missing flight #MH370 is found, focus will turn to assessing the debris. TONIGHT, 9 News takes you inside a world-renowned crash lab where experts work out what went wrong. [/QUOTE]
just deleted the email that i sent the U.S. government. fking ungrateful bastards never answered me back . just caught up with this thread and its been a week and they still didnt find it... no shit you didnt !! i swear if they find the plane and i find out that they archived the email and used it without my permission i will sue them . all they had to do was email me back but now i told them they are not allowed to use my research.
[QUOTE=Sindri335;44315362]just deleted the email that i sent the U.S. government. fking ungrateful bastards never answered me back . just caught up with this thread and its been a week and they still didnt find it... no shit you didnt !! i swear if they find the plane and i find out that they archived the email and used it without my permission i will sue them . all they had to do was email me back but now i told them they are not allowed to use my research.[/QUOTE] What the fuck are you going on about?
[QUOTE=Antdawg;44315378]What the fuck are you going on about?[/QUOTE] He is high/dumb as hell raving about knowing where the plane is
Well i did a lot of research on this ( i'm very good at statistics and learning it in uni) and using complex formulas i was almost 90% sure where the plane was and i sent the U.S. gov. my research and they never responded or maybe didnt even read it. pretty disrespectful to ignore the advice of an expert but im not gonna get bothered about it i dont care anymore . i hope everyone on this plane is ok but im not gonna help them find it anymore and i will be very upset if they use my research secretely. [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Semi-autistic trolling at this point, last chance." - Craptasket))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=Sindri335;44315426]Well i did a lot of research on this ( i'm very good at statistics and learning it in uni) and using complex formulas i was almost 90% sure where the plane was and i sent the U.S. gov. my research and they never responded or maybe didnt even read it. pretty disrespectful to ignore the advice of an expert but im not gonna get bothered about it i dont care anymore . i hope everyone on this plane is ok but im not gonna help them find it anymore and i will be very upset if they use my research secretely.[/QUOTE] Are you trolling or are you just fucked in the head? Reading your posts I'm convinced that you're 13 years old. At the most.
[QUOTE=Sindri335;44315426]Well i did a lot of research on this ( i'm very good at statistics and learning it in uni) and using complex formulas i was almost 90% sure where the plane was and i sent the U.S. gov. my research and they never responded or maybe didnt even read it. pretty disrespectful to ignore the advice of an expert but im not gonna get bothered about it i dont care anymore . i hope everyone on this plane is ok but im not gonna help them find it anymore and i will be very upset if they use my research secretely.[/QUOTE] pfffffft im pretty sure that they have better statisticians at their disposal than one moderately incoherent icelandic uni student
Sindri when are you just gonna call it quits? You're by no means an expert and it's hilarious watching you claim to be one. You won't even post these "complex formulas" you're claiming to be using. You're a joke.
[QUOTE=Sindri335;44315426]Well i did a lot of research on this ( i'm very good at statistics and learning it in uni) and using complex formulas i was almost 90% sure where the plane was and i sent the U.S. gov. my research and they never responded or maybe didnt even read it. pretty disrespectful to ignore the advice of an expert but im not gonna get bothered about it i dont care anymore . i hope everyone on this plane is ok but im not gonna help them find it anymore and i will be very upset if they use my research secretely.[/QUOTE] If you're studying statistics in university, devise a null hypothesis and an alternative hypothesis for the location of the plane. Then use the Neyman-Pearson lemma to find the best rejection region for your hypothesis. [10 marks]
You talkin shit mate I devised the location of the plane using my balls to see the future and sent an email to the Nigerian government, bastards still haven't responded so I'm gonna send the fuckers some pizza.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.