• Jackie Chan's son found with 100 grams of weed in raid
    44 replies, posted
[QUOTE][B]Hong Kong (CNN)[/B] -- Kung fu movie star Jackie Chan says he "takes responsibility" for the drug charges laid against his son, 32-year-old Jaycee Chan, in Beijing.Police detained the junior Chan, who is originally from Hong Kong and also an actor, as well as Kai Ko, a 23-year-old Taiwanese actor, during a raid on August 14 in Dongcheng district, Beijing, state media said. Both men tested positive for marijuana. [URL="http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/19/world/asia/china-jackie-chan-son-drugs/"]READ: Jackie Chan's son held in anti-drugs crackdown in China's capital[/URL] Jackie Chan publicly addressed the incident for the first time on Wednesday evening, through messages posted on his account on Weibo, a Chinese microblogging platform. The star of "Rush Hour" wrote that he felt "extremely furious" and "extremely shocked" at the news of his son's drug woes, adding that Jaycee's mother is "heartbroken." "I hope that young people will see Jaycee as a cautionary tale and stay away from drugs," wrote Chan, who once campaigned against drug use and was named an anti-drugs ambassador in China in 2009. "I failed to teach my son and I should also bear responsibility. Jaycee and I deeply bow in apology to society," concluded Chan on his Weibo, which has more than 23 million followers. [B]'Really sorry[/B][B]'[/B] After detaining the young actors, police searched Jaycee Chan's apartment and found more than 100 grams of marijuana. He was also accused of "hosting others to take drugs," the state-run China Daily said. He could face three years in jail under Chinese law. State broadcaster CCTV aired footage of Chan, his face blurred, showing police where the drugs were hidden at his home, while Ko was shown making a tearful apology. "I very much regret what happened. I'm very sorry to those who support me, like me or even know me personally," he said. "I just want to tell them I'm really sorry. I've set the worst example, which had the most terrible influence. And this is a huge mistake." [B]Celebrity targets[/B] The two actors are being seen as the targets of the capital's latest anti-drugs campaign, which has snared more than 7,000 people for using drugs since January, a 72% year-on-year increase, according to [URL="http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/epaper/2014-08/20/content_18455287.htm"]China Daily[/URL]. Celebrities are increasingly in the spotlight, with a number of high-profile arrests over drug-related incidents in recent months, including popular movie actor Zhang Mo and singer Li Daimo, who was sentenced to nine months in jail for hosting a crystal meth party at his home, according to the China Daily.[/QUOTE] [URL]http://edition.cnn.com/2014/08/21/world/asia/china-drugs-jackie-chan-son/[/URL] [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Editorializing/didn't read own reputable source" - Starpluck))[/highlight]
Execution for weed? Dude is that a joke title the article doesn't say anything about execution.
[QUOTE=EcksDee;45778788]Execution for weed? Dude is that a joke title the article doesn't say anything about execution.[/QUOTE] Well execution doesn't happen for all drug related crimes, he could be likely forced to attend a drug rehab camp.
[QUOTE=EcksDee;45778788]Execution for weed? Dude is that a joke title the article doesn't say anything about execution.[/QUOTE] [URL]http://www.inquisitr.com/1425605/jackie-chans-son-jaycee-chan-could-face-chinas-death-penalty-over-marijuana-in-worst-case-scenario/[/URL] [URL]http://www.theweedblog.com/jackie-chans-son-could-face-execution-for-marijuana-possession/[/URL] though it might not be true
[QUOTE=EcksDee;45778788]Execution for weed? Dude is that a joke title the article doesn't say anything about execution.[/QUOTE] idk man some Asian countries have weed policies that are a hundred times as draconian as the US.
How is, "He could face three years in jain under Chinese law." equal to 'possibly face execution'?
lol 3 years in jail = "execution" [editline]23rd August 2014[/editline] [quote]He could face three years in jail under Chinese law.[/quote] you guys just need to read the article
[QUOTE=Elecbullet;45778811]idk man some Asian countries have weed policies that are a hundred times as draconian as the US.[/QUOTE] Ours does execution.
It's a shame Jackie is condemning his son's actions as if marijuana was coke or something. I understand Jackie is a health nut and he's really against recreational drug use but marijuana really isn't a [b]REAL[/b] drug. I consider tobacco more harmful.
I doubt China execute someone for a small amount of cannabis.
He's the son of a multi-million dollar celebrity, he's not gonna get executed.
[QUOTE=Will Wright;45778837]I doubt China execute someone for a small amount of cannabis.[/QUOTE] 100 grams is almost a quarter pound man. Most laws have a threshold between possession of "small amounts" and "large amounts" and that threshold is usually less than a quarter pound...
[QUOTE=Will Wright;45778837]I doubt China execute someone for a small amount of cannabis.[/QUOTE] You're underestimating what China would do.
[QUOTE=Korova;45778834]It's a shame Jackie is condemning his son's actions as if marijuana was coke or something. I understand Jackie is a health nut and he's really against recreational drug use but marijuana really isn't a [b]REAL[/b] drug. I consider tobacco more harmful.[/QUOTE] Really? [QUOTE] I would like to take this opportunity and say to Jaycee: you’ve done something wrong and you have to be responsible for the consequences. [B]I’m your dad and I’ll always be with you.[/B] We will face the road ahead of us together. I should also take some of this responsibility because as his dad, I didn’t teach him well.[/QUOTE] [URL="http://www.jackiechan.com/scrapbook/%E5%BF%83%E7%97%9B/"]http://www.jackiechan.com/scrapbook/%E5%BF%83%E7%97%9B/[/URL]
[QUOTE=Will Wright;45778837]I doubt China execute someone for a small amount of cannabis.[/QUOTE] lol 100 grams a "small" amount thats quite a bit of weed thats like 3.5 Oz's of it
- not sure why this post got created, sorry -
Why not just say 3.5 ounces? It's like saying someone was caught with 500 milligrams of cocaine.
Oh my god Jaycee a bong.
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779000]Why not just say 3.5 ounces? It's like saying someone was caught with 500 milligrams of cocaine.[/QUOTE] Because the source said 100 grams. And besides, grams is easier to understand.
fucking commies
I find this kinda funny when China is heavy into herbal remedies for common ailments, I thought they'd at least realize Cannabis has medicinal properties.
Jackie Chan is a tough dad, he already told his son he ain't getting a dime from him and that he needs to create his own future. With that said I can't blame him, you should look out for your kids to the extent of making sure they know what not to do, if that is the case it is his kids own fault. [QUOTE=LSK;45779094]Whether a substance is harmful or not does not determine whether or not it is a drug. A drug is a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.[/QUOTE] By that definition, I do drugs every morning when I buy a coffee.
[QUOTE=Korova;45778834]It's a shame Jackie is condemning his son's actions as if marijuana was coke or something. I understand Jackie is a health nut and he's really against recreational drug use but marijuana really isn't a [b]REAL[/b] drug. I consider tobacco more harmful.[/QUOTE] Whether a substance is harmful or not does not determine whether or not it is a drug. A drug is a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. It may not be a hard drug, but it is a real drug.
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779000]Why not just say 3.5 ounces? It's like saying someone was caught with 500 milligrams of cocaine.[/QUOTE] because america is basically the only place these days that uses imperial measurements while the rest of the world uses the metric system. grams is more universally used than ounces by a long shot
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779000]Why not just say 3.5 ounces? It's like saying someone was caught with 500 milligrams of cocaine.[/QUOTE] You really that dumb? Not even the UK uses ounces anymore... I seriously doubt any other country beside the US uses ounces..
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779000]Why not just say 3.5 ounces? It's like saying someone was caught with 500 milligrams of cocaine.[/QUOTE] Because most of the world won't have to google what 100 grams is.
I say that identifying it as 3.5 ounces instead of 100 grams would more fair in conveying how small it actually is, so I'm a dumb American who's stuck in the Dark Ages using Imperial measurements.
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779198]I say that identifying it as 3.5 ounces instead of 100 grams would more fair in conveying how small it actually is, so I'm a dumb American who's stuck in the Dark Ages using Imperial measurements.[/QUOTE] yes tbh [editline]23rd August 2014[/editline] if you want to arbitrarily minimize the amount of weed he had why not say .1 kilograms? or .0001 metric tons? idk
[QUOTE=A B.A. Survivor;45779198]I say that identifying it as 3.5 ounces instead of 100 grams would more fair in conveying how small it actually is, so I'm a dumb American who's stuck in the Dark Ages using Imperial measurements.[/QUOTE] 3.5 ounces in most countries is "What the fuck is this shit must be like 1 gram because imperial units tend to be much higher and shit wait let me google this oh what the fuck I didn't know 1 ounce is like 30 grams the shit is this"
[QUOTE=LSK;45779094]Whether a substance is harmful or not does not determine whether or not it is a drug. A drug is a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body. It may not be a hard drug, but it is a real drug.[/QUOTE] I think the best classification of marijuana is that it's not a drug but a plant that contains dozens of different drugs (the foremost being THC and CBD)
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.