• Tasmanian man rides lawnmower to servo, blows 0.143, police unimpressed
    16 replies, posted
[quote=ABC News]A man who drove a ride-on lawnmower into a service station for a refuelling has had his boozy jaunt cut short by Tasmanian police. CCTV footage of the man driving the ride-on mower into a Lindisfarne service station was posted on the police Facebook page. Just after midnight on Sunday, October 1, the unidentified man pulled up to a fuel bowser, with a second man accompanying him on foot close behind. Police officers then pull alongside them in a van. "Mate, we suggest getting a ride not a ride-on!" police wrote in their post. "Organising a designated driver does not mean John Deere." Finally, they quipped: "Old mate was already on the gas when he decided to ride his lawnmower to his local service station to fill up." Police said the man returned a blood-alcohol reading of 0.143 and has been charged with exceeding the prescribed alcohol limit and driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle.[/quote] Video in the article at [url]http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-18/ride-on-lawnmower-drink-driving-servo-service-station-tasmania/9061466[/url]
What's 0.143 though? I'm not familiar with this measurement at all.
[QUOTE=GHOST!!!!;52792080]What's 0.143 though? I'm not familiar with this measurement at all.[/QUOTE] 0.143% of his blood was made up of alcohol For context 0.08 will get you arrested in the US.
[QUOTE=GHOST!!!!;52792080]What's 0.143 though? I'm not familiar with this measurement at all.[/QUOTE] Blood alcohol content. 0.05 is often the legal limit.
How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.
[QUOTE=reedbo;52792159]How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.[/QUOTE] 'Driving' on public roads
[QUOTE=reedbo;52792159]How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.[/QUOTE] Once you take it on a public road it needs to be registered. Helps keep people from driving shit on the roads that aren't safe for road use. i.e. a lawnmower
The real question though is what was Tom Servo doing in Tasmania? [t]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/mst3k/images/0/04/Season_11_Tom_Servo.png/revision/latest?cb=20170822010641[/t]
[QUOTE=Mr. Sarcastic;52792418]The real question though is what was Tom Servo doing in Tasmania?][/QUOTE] Getting wasted and driving his lawnmower, clearly.
[QUOTE=reedbo;52792159]How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.[/QUOTE] Lawnmowers don't go very fast, so he could get rear-ended pretty easily, especially when he has no lights and at night to boot. And of course there's no seatbelt so he's going airborne. And I don't know the exact physics, but there's no crumple zones either so no telling how much damage to the car and harm to the occupants.
[QUOTE=GHOST!!!!;52792080]What's 0.143 though? I'm not familiar with this measurement at all.[/QUOTE] 0.143 % is prob 1.43 per mile.
[QUOTE=reedbo;52792159]How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.[/QUOTE] In sweden you can lose your drivers license for biking while drunk. Although it's not as tough on bikes as in cars. In a car you have a limit wether you drive good or bad while drunk whereas on a bike you need to actually break a traffic law while under the influence of alcohol to lose your license. Edit nvm all that, completely misread your post.
[QUOTE=BF;52792089]Blood alcohol content. 0.05 is often the legal limit.[/QUOTE] Really? Lower than the US? I thought .08 was the standard
[video]https://youtu.be/k8q5I_ziWEs[/video]
Haha people come to my work piss drunk on mowers all the time, alwaus like to chat em up about the specs on those bad boys
[QUOTE=reedbo;52792159]How can you be charged for driving an unregistered and unlicensed vehicle when the vehicle in question is a lawnmower? You can't even get them registered for legal driving anyway right? That sounds like a bogus charge to be honest. Not the dui though, fuck anyone who thinks it's okay to drive under the influence.[/QUOTE] Motorised vehicle on a public road.
[QUOTE=Zillamaster55;52796159]Really? Lower than the US? I thought .08 was the standard[/QUOTE] Dont be shocked if we move lower than 0.08 to something like 0.05. The[URL="https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4448946/"] NHTSA in 2013[/URL] recommended it and the science/stats agree with them lowering it to that level. Lets not forget it was originally .13 then .1 until 2000 when congress made it 0.08
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.