• Tesla donates solar panels to power 150 US low-income households
    11 replies, posted
[QUOTE]Tesla has made a major donation of solar panels to America’s largest nonprofit solar installer to provide power for roughly 150 low-income households across the United States. ... Tesla’s donation of a 569 kW solar system also included approximately 15,000 hours of job training to support GRID Alternatives network of area worker volunteers. “Volunteering on a solar installation with GRID Alternatives is a great way to give back to your community while getting hands-on with solar technology.” reads the description for GRID’s Solar Installation Training Programs. Tesla will also further its role by partnering with GRID to match job openings with qualified trained professionals. Tesla’s donation helps GRID further its goal of providing sustainable solar energy, energy cost savings and valuable hands-on solar experience to low-income families in the United States. The Oakland-based company has installed almost 9,000 systems, resulting in $269,862,115 in lifetime savings and 33,528 participants trained.[/QUOTE] [url]http://www.teslarati.com/tesla-donates-solar-panels-equipment-low-income-households/[/url]
150 isn't really all that much in the grand scheme of things but hey, helping the ones who need it is admirable regardless of the scale.
If it helps people and gets a suitable number of real world test cases for solar panel usage for Tesla, its a good thing.
[QUOTE=snookypookums;52626247]If it helps people and gets a suitable number of real world test cases for solar panel usage for Tesla, its a good thing.[/QUOTE] I don't think Tesla need to do this to get real world data. They are one of the biggest solar installers in the USA through solar city.
[QUOTE=Nebukadnezzer;52626093]150 isn't really all that much in the grand scheme of things but hey, helping the ones who need it is admirable regardless of the scale.[/QUOTE] That's still a total of $4.5M in savings for the low income people. That's very generous imo.
I love everything Elon Musk is doing and is attempting to do, is there anyone else out there like him? Besides that, surprised they weren't Solar City's panels, although I'd imagine those to be much more expensive.
The job training is going to help these people more than the panels would
yo musk i'm low income send some panels my way pls
[QUOTE=Code3Response;52630155]The job training is going to help these people more than the panels would[/QUOTE] You don't really get one without the other, so it's probably close to an ideal use of resources all things considered.
Hopefully Israel doesn't try to confiscate them this time :v:
Don't they still have to pay an electric bill though?
[QUOTE=TheTalon;52652590]Don't they still have to pay an electric bill though?[/QUOTE] depends on a multitude of factors, ranging from local/state ordinances to how much power the panels produce.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.