• TF2 Mod Emporium XLI
    24,336 replies, posted
How does one make a model remove the pyro's head? -Sorry for being such a noob but I really want to know
[QUOTE=Burgerkern;33225882]How does one make a model remove the pyro's head? -Sorry for being such a noob but I really want to know[/QUOTE]I know when it's added in-game to the item_schematics file, the listed item has an attribute to hide a certain bodygroup. Not sure about in itemtest or anything, but you could modify an existing entry.
[QUOTE=Mariner;33222697]You forget the creme de la creme: [IMG]http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt-52fo48.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE] You should really just take the collar and the head and make it a head replacement. Yikes, disagrees. Don't get me wrong, its awesome, but it'd never be accepted :(
[QUOTE=Izzy7s7;33225837]It's TF2 we're talking about here. Have you seen those guys' hands?[/QUOTE] But their anatomy is still not fucked up. They have hands, with hand´s anatomy, but with different size or scale. There is no wing that looks like the one he has modeled. A wing is a hand developed and evolved for flying. It´s TF2, but that doesn´t mean you will do people with 3 eyes, 4 elbows or square skulls. You can scale things to make them cartoonish, but you CAN´T make a leg without knee, for example. The green dragon´s wings where fine about its structure, but he can resize them however he wants
[QUOTE=Petachepas;33226358]But their anatomy is still not fucked up. They have hands, with hand´s anatomy, but with different size or scale. There is no wing that looks like the one he has modeled. A wing is a hand developed and evolved for flying. It´s TF2, but that doesn´t mean you will do people with 3 eyes, 4 elbows or square skulls. You can scale things to make them cartoonish, but you CAN´T make a leg without knee, for example. The green dragon´s wings where fine about its structure, but he can resize them however he wants[/QUOTE] It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you
[QUOTE=lemonade1950;33226418]It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you[/QUOTE] Welp, there's always next revision, I guess :v:
[QUOTE=lemonade1950;33226418]It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you[/QUOTE] Yeah, i should have said that before, sorry. Anyways is not that bad [editline]11th November 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=Bazkip;33226441]Welp, there's always next revision, I guess :v:[/QUOTE] Yeah, i´m pretty sure too
[QUOTE=Petachepas;33226358]But their anatomy is still not fucked up. They have hands, with hand´s anatomy, but with different size or scale. There is no wing that looks like the one he has modeled. A wing is a hand developed and evolved for flying. It´s TF2, but that doesn´t mean you will do people with 3 eyes, 4 elbows or square skulls. You can scale things to make them cartoonish, but you CAN´T make a leg without knee, for example. The green dragon´s wings where fine about its structure, but he can resize them however he wants[/QUOTE]What does an anatomically correct dragon look like?
[QUOTE=Rainbowmaker;33221384]Damn you now i want that mod even more... ...wait a minute i dont have the foster's facade CURSE YOU MODDERS[/QUOTE] You can buy mine for like a scrap.
[QUOTE=Izzy7s7;33226475]What does an anatomically correct dragon look like?[/QUOTE] Dragons where created from various creatures, so they can have a "realistic" anatomy His model is not a dragon, anyways, is some kind of variation, that makes it fit human anatomy, but it still have dragon-only parts Like the head, or the wings. And yep, maybe dragon´s anatomy can be a bit undefined, but wing´s anatomy is perfectly known [IMG]http://th06.deviantart.net/fs45/PRE/f/2009/132/f/8/Dragon_Wing_and_Chest_Anatomy_by_Ashere.jpg[/IMG] Just like big bat wings. This is totally invented, but you can see that you can even believe it´s real
[QUOTE=lemonade1950;33226418]It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you[/QUOTE] why are you turning into [B][I][U]that[/U][/I][/B] guy? please stop before it gets worse :((
Since we're talking about both head remplacement and dragons : [img]http://uppix.net/9/1/0/8c76cd7a9b09e77d1b54cf8fce7e3.png[/img] (Oh god I really need to sleep ._<)
[QUOTE=Izzy7s7;33226475]What does an anatomically correct dragon look like?[/QUOTE] From the Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e Draconomicon, [url=http://i.imgur.com/5fG1q.gif]here's a gif of skeleton and muscle[/url].
[QUOTE=Bazkip;33225804]Oh my god We must make Power Ranger items[/QUOTE] [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Lfi93KiTt0s/SfNlVYo9ksI/AAAAAAAAF_s/TFxi6DjW0Ss/s320/powerranger2096.jpg[/img] Rekka Daizantou skin for the Eyelander. Make it happen, Emporium.
[QUOTE=lemonade1950;33226418]It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you[/QUOTE] I don't recall you posting the model so you must not have done it much.
[QUOTE=lemonade1950;33221722][thumb]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32006613/Models/dragon2_21.png[/thumb] Base colors AO still needs fixed. I'll get to that Edit: Disagree? AO doesn't need fixed? But seriously what is with the disagree :([/QUOTE] Wait, is this for the scout or pyro or what? I thought i saw a previous post with it being pyro, then one with it next to the scout model, plus the clothes are like the scout. Please say there's at least a version not scout, because otherwise i wont be using it.
[QUOTE=Izzy7s7;33226475]What does an anatomically correct dragon look like?[/QUOTE] Anthropomorphic dragons, hell, even regular feral dragons do not have a specific anatomy because they're purely imagination. Anthro-wise, most artists tend to have them closely follow human anatomy with few exceptions, such as digitigrade legs, claws, etc., but even that can vary between modelers and artists. The point is, it can be whatever he wants. I will say, however, that a GOOD anthro-dragon model is gonna' require at least SOME proper anatomical features, which is what lemonade's dragon model is severely lacking. [editline]10th November 2011[/editline] [QUOTE=lemonade1950;33226418]It's nice to know that you guys actually care enough about my dragon to suggest some things but it's too late. If you noticed model issues you should have pointed them out before I started the texture. Plus I'm happy with how it turned out anyway. So fooey on you[/QUOTE] I'm pretty damn sure I said something a long time ago. Your model is sloppy. Your texture is sloppy. I wouldn't say it was a huge waste of time, though. Rather, I see it as good practice. But you should challenge yourself once more to make an even better model.
I think we need some Half-Life themed weapon reskins to go with the fan-fucking-tastic Metrocop mask and Headcrab hat items you guys made.
[QUOTE=PSI Guy;33227112]I think we need some Half-Life themed weapon reskins to go with the fan-fucking-tastic Metrocop mask and Headcrab hat items you guys made.[/QUOTE]Didn't someone make a Stun Baton for Pyro using Saxxy animations?
[QUOTE=PSI Guy;33227112]I think we need some Half-Life themed weapon reskins to go with the fan-fucking-tastic Metrocop mask and Headcrab hat items you guys made.[/QUOTE] I agree. The Pyro is going to need the Half-Life Incinerator to go with that Cremator costume.
[QUOTE=PSI Guy;33227112]I think we need some Half-Life themed weapon reskins to go with the fan-fucking-tastic Metrocop mask and Headcrab hat items you guys made.[/QUOTE] I'd like to just see more HL styled items in general. Hats, miscs, weapons... Hell, there's a lot out there that'd be great. Bug Bait for Jarate AR rifle for SMG Crowbar all-class melee Stun stick (which is in production from what I understand) HEV chest piece/whole suit for heavy/engineer/medic GravGun medigun (there's a concept laying around somewhere for that, was fucking awesome) the list goes on
[QUOTE=MugenOverlord;33227159]I'd like to just see more HL styled items in general. Hats, miscs, weapons... Hell, there's a lot out there that'd be great. Bug Bait for Jarate AR rifle for SMG Crowbar all-class melee Stun stick (which is in production from what I understand) HEV chest piece/whole suit for heavy or engineer GravGun medigun (there's a concept laying around somewhere for that, was fucking awesome) the list goes on[/QUOTE] It would be kinda cool to see that Gravity Medigun with a Gordon Freeman Medic. But then, I'd think we'd need something like a Barney Heavy to go with it.
[QUOTE=PSI Guy;33227112]I think we need some Half-Life themed weapon reskins to go with the fan-fucking-tastic Metrocop mask and Headcrab hat items you guys made.[/QUOTE] I could see the Sniper Rifle being made to work for TF2 [img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090527035943/half-life/en/images/f/f3/Combine_sniper_rifle.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=Bazkip;33227201]I could see the Sniper Rifle being made to work for TF2 [img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090527035943/half-life/en/images/f/f3/Combine_sniper_rifle.jpg[/img][/QUOTE] Hell, it just needs a better texture and we're good to go. :v:
[QUOTE=Nidhogg;33227048]Anthropomorphic dragons, hell, even regular feral dragons do not have a specific anatomy because they're purely imagination. Anthro-wise, most artists tend to have them closely follow human anatomy with few exceptions, such as digitigrade legs, claws, etc., but even that can vary between modelers and artists. The point is, it can be whatever he wants. I will say, however, that a GOOD anthro-dragon model is gonna' require at least SOME proper anatomical features, which is what lemonade's dragon model is severely lacking.[/QUOTE] Dragon's [i]do[/i] have 'specific anatomy.' Dragons have existed in mythology for thousands of years, and a pretty specific definition of them has been formed. Granted, they don't exist in real life, that does not mean that anything goes because it's "imagination." Same sort of thing with vampires. Any self-respecting fiction writer or artist is not going to simply conjure up a new definition for them because they don't actually exist. Also, anatomy is a much broader term than you are making it. It includes forms and structures (like muscular or skeletal) that could conceivable work in our world.
[QUOTE=Toastador;33227231]Also, anatomy is a much broader term than you are making it. It includes forms and structures (like muscular or skeletal) that could conceivable work in our world.[/QUOTE] That was kind of my point. His model's anatomy is not good enough for it to be believable. [editline]Skyrim[/editline] Oh shit, Skyrim just unlocked for me. GOODBYE WORLD, HELLO DRAGONS.
Yo, vote: [img]http://files.benbur.net/2011-11-11_04-57-34.jpg[/img]
IMO, the bones don't fit since you aren't guaranteed to gib everyone you kill with these.
[QUOTE=NeoDement;33227348]Yo, vote: [img]http://files.benbur.net/2011-11-11_04-57-34.jpg[/img][/QUOTE]No explosion impact? v:v:v
Use the bones, but remake them. They look a bit awkward right now.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.