• TF2 General Chat v7 - February 2012 Edition
    27,034 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Shadiko;34787596]ok the rules updated and I don't feel comfortable with them because I was the one who had to write them. Although the only people who will complain about this is the ones who farm rep.[/QUOTE] They'll just make rep requirements instead.
[QUOTE=Shadiko;34787596]ok the rules updated and I don't feel comfortable with them because I was the one who had to write them. Although the only people who will complain about this is the ones who farm rep.[/QUOTE] Shouldn't there be a entry limit option for raffles? 1,218 participants usually end up losing.
[QUOTE=Shadiko;34787596]ok the rules updated and I don't feel comfortable with them because I was the one who had to write them. Although the only people who will complain about this is the ones who farm rep.[/QUOTE] Thanks for that, I was really getting sick of seeing raffles like "pls say sometin in chat 2 prov ur not a bot XD", going to open the chat box and then accidentally leaving the raffle :v:
I hate people's own rules on TF2R. MUST HAVE 2391239 REP NO PONIES/FURRIES/HATERS/F2P'S ALLOWED MUST NOT HAVE x ITEM Glad you got this rule.
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787631]I hate people's own rules on TF2R. MUST HAVE 2391239 REP NO PONIES/FURRIES/HATERS/F2P'S ALLOWED MUST NOT HAVE x ITEM[/QUOTE] Yea, those guys can go rot, i enter it anyway.
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787631]I hate people's own rules on TF2R. MUST HAVE 2391239 REP NO PONIES/FURRIES/HATERS/F2P'S ALLOWED MUST NOT HAVE x ITEM Glad you got this rule.[/QUOTE] Well, the "don't have this item already" rule is actually rather reasonable if they just want to give the item to someone who doesn't already have it. I usually see keychain doing those kinds of raffles with weapons that not everyone has yet. Kinda dancing the line with that rule in the picture though.
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787631]I hate people's own rules on TF2R. MUST HAVE 2391239 REP NO PONIES/FURRIES/HATERS/F2P'S ALLOWED MUST NOT HAVE x ITEM Glad you got this rule.[/QUOTE] Me and my 0 rep agree with everything you said.
[QUOTE=Psychopath12;34787657]Well, the "don't have this item already" rule is actually rather reasonable if they just want to give the item to someone who doesn't already have it. I usually see keychain doing those kinds of raffles with weapons that not everyone has yet. Kinda dancing the line with that rule in the picture though.[/QUOTE] Well I mean, I saw ones where it said like "YOU CANNOT OWN AN UNUSUAL" and stuff.
Shouldn't disallowing certain people based on things like f2p, ponies, furries, dogs, cats, wolfs, monkeys, horses, homestuck, whatever be against the rules?
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787672]Well I mean, I saw ones where it said like "YOU CANNOT OWN AN UNUSUAL" and stuff.[/QUOTE] Again, depending on how it's worded, they can be perfectly reasonable. Not wanting to give a valuable item to a hoarder is an understandable desire.
I always put no requirements in my raffles: everyone should have the possibility to win.
[QUOTE=DatHarry;34787680]Shouldn't disallowing certain people based on things like f2p, ponies, furries, dogs, cats, wolfs, monkeys, horses, homestuck, whatever be against the rules?[/QUOTE] Racism is already against the rules, but things like that can fall under "At the discretion of the moderators"
[QUOTE=Shadiko;34787596]ok the rules updated and I don't feel comfortable with them because I was the one who had to write them. Although the only people who will complain about this is the ones who farm rep.[/QUOTE] You took your sweet time to do this, but anyways Better late than never.
[QUOTE=Psychopath12;34787687]Again, depending on how it's worded, they can be perfectly reasonable. Not wanting to give a valuable item to a hoarder is an understandable desire.[/QUOTE] >Implying all unusual owners are hoarders But the thing is it was like a normal craft hat that was being raffled. Derp.
Anyone got any series 28 crates Please?
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787702]>Implying all unusual owners are hoarders But the thing is it was like a normal craft hat that was being raffled. Derp.[/QUOTE] im goin 2 traid the craft hat 4 burning tc ;)))))
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787702]>Implying all unusual owners are hoarders But the thing is it was like a normal craft hat that was being raffled. Derp.[/QUOTE] I'd assume that people do that for their hat raffles because they want the winner to [b]actually wear the hat[/b] instead of making it have rough intercourse with another hat to create a baby hat, but destroying itself in the process. A bizarre concept, right? Winning a hat so you can wear it.
People sure are pissed at that guy throwing an unusual away. What's the matter? Unhappy you didn't get a piece of that pie? Well welcome to my life! It sucks, doesn't it?
[QUOTE=Psychopath12;34787749]I'd assume that people do that for their hat raffles because they want the winner to [b]actually wear the hat[/b] instead of making it have rough intercourse with another hat to create a baby hat, but destroying itself in the process. A bizarre concept, right? Winning a hat so you can wear it.[/QUOTE] It's just still a weird concept, but I know what you mean.
[QUOTE=Zadrave;34787702]>Implying all unusual owners are hoarders But the thing is it was like a normal craft hat that was being raffled. Derp.[/QUOTE] Im pretty sure the 70% of the ''rich'' people in this game didn't get his fortune in clean ways.
[QUOTE=Captain Chalky;34787764]People sure are pissed at that guy throwing an unusual away. What's the matter? Unhappy you didn't get a piece of that pie? Well welcome to my life! It sucks, doesn't it?[/QUOTE] The reason I'm mad at him is because he asked if he should do it and just some seconds later he said he already traded it as if he wanted to intentionally cause a shitstorm. He didn't need to ask if he should do it if he was already going to trade the hat.
One thing that really annoyed me on tf2r was this "herpa 1000 rep for this regular craftable hat i want to gib to people who raffles too much!111" the guy barely has any positive rep and a trollface avatar, sounds legit Gets a ton of negative rep "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I JUST WANT TO GIVE TO PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THIS SITE" then the "i haz millionz of rep" defense force comes "Guys stop being so mad because you don't have as much as rep as me to win the hat"
Oh look a cool raffle, with a hat I wanted! "NO PONIES" ...Time to enter anyways!
[QUOTE==DarkStar=;34787778]Im pretty sure the 70% of the ''rich'' people in this game didn't get his fortune in clean ways.[/QUOTE] Just like real life, scam, lie and betray to rise to power
counter strike global assault keys are even worse. someone randomly added me and offered me 3 buds for one. sadly i didnt have it.
It's safe to say that all "Requirements" are shite. I say that if we must have requirements, then it should be a feature on the site. Say, when creating a raffle, there should be a "Rep requirement" option, which you choose a number. Everyone who has less rep than this number cannot see the raffle in the Public Raffles page.
[QUOTE=Psychopath12;34787699]Racism is already against the rules, but things like that can fall under "At the discretion of the moderators"[/QUOTE] Except that's not racism. That rule was implemented to stop people from going "NO RUSSIANS OR BRS"
[QUOTE=leonthefox;34787786]One thing that really annoyed me on tf2r was this "herpa 1000 rep for this regular craftable hat i want to gib to people who raffles too much!111" the guy barely has any positive rep and a trollface avatar, sounds legit Gets a ton of negative rep "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I JUST WANT TO GIVE TO PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THIS SITE" then the "i haz millionz of rep" defense force comes "Guys stop being so mad because you don't have as much as rep as me to win the hat"[/QUOTE] I just join in every raffle, I dont give a single fuck about rep.
[QUOTE=leonthefox;34787786]One thing that really annoyed me on tf2r was this "herpa 1000 rep for this regular craftable hat i want to gib to people who raffles too much!111" the guy barely has any positive rep and a trollface avatar, sounds legit Gets a ton of negative rep "BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I JUST WANT TO GIVE TO PEOPLE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO THIS SITE" then the "i haz millionz of rep" defense force comes "Guys stop being so mad because you don't have as much as rep as me to win the hat"[/QUOTE] If miz carries through with making rep requirements officially supported, the prerequisite should be meeting the requirement yourself. And an idea I had a while ago and pitched in a steam chat: Make raffles unjoinable to those who don't meet the rep requirement Those who cannot join a raffle cannot rate the raffle. There, take out two birds with one stone. I'll accept my monetary thanks in root beer and beef jerky.
I only put Rep Requirements on my raffles because I want people that actually contribute and deserve to win, win.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.