• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Constructor;35543857]It works on charging demomen. I know from experience.[/QUOTE] Since when?
I'm curious about the [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=21057&searchtext="]Defensive Engineer Pack[/URL]... It's been on the front page for at least two weeks now, so clearly the community really likes it, but it kinda' goes against what Valve has said about the Engineer. Although, it hasn't been rejected yet. I dunno, thoughts?
don't think they purge the possible entries much
You just wait :v:
I'm late on this, but the Toothkickers+Spurs look fucking gorgeous.
[QUOTE=smashbrother101;35543900]I'm curious about the [URL="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=21057&searchtext="]Defensive Engineer Pack[/URL]... It's been on the front page for at least two weeks now, so clearly the community really likes it, but it kinda' goes against what Valve has said about the Engineer. Although, it hasn't been rejected yet. I dunno, thoughts?[/QUOTE] It took a very long time for some very well made stuff to be rejected, just because this hasn't been rejected in the short amount of time it's been up doesn't mean it will be accepted. I think it's a very cool pack, but I really don't think Valve's going to add brand new buildings for the Engy. They're either going to make another sentry that can't be upgraded and uses existing animations, or they're going to build off the sentry bases/break their word and add bodygroups to it to make new sentries that require little reworking to implement, i.e. the Kritz and Backburner.
[QUOTE=BANG!;35543977]You just wait :v:[/QUOTE] Okay this post confirmed that Bang's demo pack is in the next big update. Tell us your secrets. FAIS LE POUR LA FRANCE
[QUOTE=Maruhai;35543985]Bang's demo pack is in the next big update. Tell us your secrets. FAIS LE POUR LA FRANCE[/QUOTE] I was thinking the same thing, minus the france part
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35543991]minus the france part[/QUOTE] Go away from earth.
[QUOTE=Devozade;35543892]Since when?[/QUOTE] I think they "fixed" it on the halloween update. which would make sense considering people coming out of the underworld run fast. So valve probably tried the quickfix on a buffed teammate and they saw it didn't work.
In the meantime have some creative update-based writing: [I]I do not know what day it is, It has been two, maybe three weeks since the last update, I am lost in a room inside CP_Well, I have not had a new weapon mailed to me in years. I am running out of time, water, and bullets. I cannot stop the scouts for long.. Nobody has capped the points since 2009, Ever since hats started dropping and new maps were added, People fled the map, Going to new, more fortunate ground. There are none left to defend the fort, only me, my trusty rocket launcher, shovel, and shotgun. I am the last RED standing. [/I]
If there isn't more than just an item today, I am going to burn down a building.
[QUOTE=Grimhound;35544059]If there isn't more than just an item today, I am going to burn down a building.[/QUOTE] Considering there was no new hero in Dota 2, take your lighter. :v:
The last thing about an item Valve emailed me was just about donating the holiday headacase and that same day Bay Raitt commented on the pyro axe I made for christmas about making a little change, but since then not a word, I just don't understand how comes Ronin and Psyke get to know when their items are going to be updated or added ingame, I never got an early notification, except for the holiday headcase since they asked if I would donate it. I just meant we'll have to wait, like hopefully tonight's the night, like every thursday night.
Tonight's the night. For a crappy misc.
at least there's a good chance it'll drop day 1
tonight is the night for valve to poop all over our hopes and dreams for a quality update
[QUOTE=Robmortar;35544227]tonight is the night for valve to poop all over our hopes and dreams for a quality update[/QUOTE] maybe they'll add a dove like map prop or something then it'd be exciting
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35544254]maybe they'll add a dove like map prop or something then it'd be exciting[/QUOTE] I'd laugh if they added random piles of scrap into maps. Just to tease. Then i'd be sad because there's still no update.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35544254]maybe they'll add a dove like map prop or something then it'd be exciting[/QUOTE] maybe a lighter? or a gas tank? or a bomb?
[QUOTE=Goodwell;35544307]I'd laugh if they added random piles of scrap into maps. Just to tease. Then i'd be sad because there's still no update.[/QUOTE] Piles of scrap, reclaimed and refined metal! [sp]they explode when shot ofcourse[/sp]
Not yet. Hmm. So, yeah. I'm on edge. Not sure what's going to happen, if anything. Hoping for something.
[QUOTE=Damian0358;35544350]maybe a lighter? or a gas tank? or a bomb?[/QUOTE] Maps like Thundermountain that show bots looking at a bulleting board or swimming or whatever? The bots are now carrying nukes and various parts around. [sp]that'd be really cool...[/sp]
[QUOTE=Drsalvador;35544058]In the meantime have some creative update-based writing: [I]I do not know what day it is, It has been two, maybe three weeks since the last update, I am lost in a room inside CP_Well, I have not had a new weapon mailed to me in years. I am running out of time, water, and bullets. I cannot stop the scouts for long.. Nobody has capped the points since 2009, Ever since hats started dropping and new maps were added, People fled the map, Going to new, more fortunate ground. There are none left to defend the fort, only me, my trusty rocket launcher, shovel, and shotgun. I am the last RED standing. [/I][/QUOTE] [img]http://filesmelt.com/dl/tf2_desert.png[/img] [QUOTE] It has been 119 days since the last update. Australian Christmas was a good time. Sure, there were the problems of exclusive crate items and what have you, but it was good. Then the update drought came, and they started getting less and less frequent. They have been getting worse in quality as well. I have only managed to salvage a few items of worth since the New Year. A loose shirt, a pipe and glasses. And only one item of practical use, a backpack, which is useless in the current environment. The rest is junk. Candles, old cowboy boots, conquistador helmets all lie discarded behind me. I cannot take it any longer. Just a couple of weeks ago, I saw promise in the form of a new update; but these three new hats belong to only three people. The chances of me getting them are next to naught. And there are these new "strange parts", but when the few traders I encounter demand such high prices for strange weapons, what's the point? One more thing before I sign off. The few players I encounter in my travels recount seeing strange things in Foundry, rumours and mutterings about a so-called "tobor". These better be signs of an upcoming major update. Maybe the resurgence of the Saxxy Awards, all but forgotten by the update-starved commoners like me. Maybe Meet the Pyro, the inmeasurably short film which us players have been longing over for five years. Maybe one of the countless secrets teased by the TF2 Team in their "recent" blog-post, a faint glimmer of promise in this dry desert. We can only hope.[/quote]
[QUOTE=BANG!;35544112]The last thing about an item Valve emailed me was just about donating the holiday headacase and that same day Bay Raitt commented on the pyro axe I made for christmas about making a little change, but since then not a word, I just don't understand how comes Ronin and Psyke get to know when their items are going to be updated or added ingame, I never got an early notification, except for the holiday headcase since they asked if I would donate it. I just meant we'll have to wait, like hopefully tonight's the night, like every thursday night.[/QUOTE] Mostly due to the fact i email them. they do respond if you take the time to send them an email. you just need to email the right folk
You know. For all the luchadore shit Heavy gets, Pyro is the one who has never taken off his mask.
New HLDS email! [quote]A new version of the HLDS Update Tool has been released. The tool should automatically self-update the next time you run it. (Linux users may need to re-run the tool after it self-updates to complete the installation operation that was intended when launching the tool.) Changes: * Added significant diagnostic output * Fix bug causing the tool to restart the update process all over from the beginning if there was an error with a single depot. * Fix spurious "connection reset by peer" error when closing connection to content server, which could cause the update to restart from the beginning. * Tool will now reuse a connection to a depot, rather than disconnecting and reconnecting * If the determines in the first pass that no files would actually be updated from a particular depot, it will no longer needlessly connect to that depot in the second pass * Added -nobootstrapupdate option Basically, we fixed a few of the most egregious things the tool was doing that make a slow update much slower. Queuing to connect to a content server still takes up the bulk of the update time during peak times after a major update is released; so don't expect miracles. However, we are hopeful that most users will see modest speedup. We also added quite verbose diagnostic output, so at least you can tell what the tool is doing. Be aware that this output may contain what appear to be "errors," especially when the tool is trying to connect to a content server. Failures to connect are normal and the tool has always experienced them and automatically retried. The only thing new is that it is telling you what it is doing. Linux users: If you get the error message "Bad uSizeOfSignature", then you probably have a bad version of the tool, which was posted mistakenly for a few hours yesterday. To get unstuck, replace the executable named "steam" with this one: [url]http://media.steampowered.com/apps/440/linuxhldsupdatetool_48/steam[/url] Thanks to those of you who helped beta test this tool. Thanks, Fletcher[/quote] Well, probably means update tonight. possibly.
SIGNIFICANT DIAGNOSTIC OUTPUT CONFIRMED FOR SCOUT
tonights the night?
Fixes are always good.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.