• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
oh, I thought this was about damage fall-off on reflected stuff
Am I the only person who thinks there'll be an update tonight?
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35688920]oh, I thought this was about damage fall-off on reflected stuff[/QUOTE] There is no damage falloff on reflected stuff, the minicrits force base damage + 35% more damage if at midrange or farther, but it ramps up even if it's a minicrit (it was because valve dropped the ball and made minicrit meatshots do LESS damage than normal meatshots, so they allowed rampup to contribute to the equation for minicrits). There's more than just 1 bug with the airblast :v: Inverse falloff and rampup still don't work properly with reflects because it's calculated based on the net travel distance instead of the distance from the Pyro who reflected it. I'm guessing this is because they don't want to mess with how Stickybombs are affected by falloff since the Pyro does not get control of them like he does rockets, arrows, and balls. If you want to prove that it was fixed during my hiatus. Get some bots set up and test it. There's zero documentation of it ever having been fixed, why should I believe that it was fixed if no one has proven it?
Mysterious Promo was just renamed! [url]http://git.optf2.com/schema-tracking/commit/?id=16bb89d6ceaa544a35ec4b3b20282d1af8c8e2d7[/url]
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689382]Mysterious Promo was just renamed! [url]http://git.optf2.com/schema-tracking/commit/?id=16bb89d6ceaa544a35ec4b3b20282d1af8c8e2d7[/url][/QUOTE] What does this mean, Ned.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689382]Mysterious Promo was just renamed! [url]http://git.optf2.com/schema-tracking/commit/?id=16bb89d6ceaa544a35ec4b3b20282d1af8c8e2d7[/url][/QUOTE] Wow, what a difference. This changes everything!
"defindex": 2066, The update will be released in 2066.
[QUOTE=DoctorStranglov;35689465]"defindex": 2066, The update will be released in 2066.[/QUOTE] BRB. Cryogenic sleep.
From Mystery Promo To Mystery Promo 2! HOLY FUCK! THAT SOULD MEAN SOMETHING AND I'M PRETTY SURE NED KNOWS SOMETHING! C'mon Spill the Beans :v:
[QUOTE=DoctorStranglov;35689465]"defindex": 2066, The update will be released in 2066.[/QUOTE] You mean it will be released at 20:66, which is to say 9:16 pm. That's how military time works.
[QUOTE=sasurai;35689410]What does this mean, Ned.[/QUOTE] If it makes a difference, I think someone at Valve is doing that on purpose just to toy with the people who are watching schema changes. I know DF had a laugh tricking everyone in #tfwiki into thinking that there was a blog post.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/lCaGQ.gif[/url] EDIT: The image had an oddly nauseating effect on me, so thumbnail'd to save everyone. EDIT2: Thumbnail doesn't work on gifs, so just killed the formatting. I'm really hesitant to get excited again. Every week it's the same thing.
[QUOTE=wunderufl;35689500]You mean it will be released at 20:66, which is to say 9:16 pm. That's how military time works.[/QUOTE] Get your "military time" out of here. My brain works on that time and I have nothing to do with the military save the dashing hat corp.
Well, if there's not Blog Post today for Tobor I guess it will be never. In the meantime, Super MNC is calling meee~~
the schema thing is important, because it seems they are preparing the item server ahead of time, something they do generally before largish updates so it doesn't crash (spoiler: It crashes anyway)
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689644]the schema thing is important, because it seems they are preparing the item server ahead of time, something they do generally before largish updates so it doesn't crash (spoiler: It crashes anyway)[/QUOTE] Lost connection to item server... 30 29 28 27...
I dont think there will be an update tonight. I want to believe and all, but it seems is not the time yet.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689644]the schema thing is important, because it seems they are preparing the item server ahead of time, something they do generally before largish updates so it doesn't crash (spoiler: It crashes anyway)[/QUOTE] Oh ned, why do you give us such unwanted optimism. :<
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689644]the schema thing is important, because it seems they are preparing the item server ahead of time, something they do generally before largish updates so it doesn't crash (spoiler: It crashes anyway)[/QUOTE] Not to mention the last time we saw the Mysterious Promos, we got Grordbort weapons. If they're messing with things in the schema, they could very well be preparing to launch something. Of course everything will break as usual, but it's nice that Valve tries to prepare though.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689644]the schema thing is important, because it seems they are preparing the item server ahead of time, something they do generally before largish updates so it doesn't crash (spoiler: It crashes anyway)[/QUOTE] Please don't make me keep an eye on my email incase the HLDS mailing list pops up. ...I really don't wanna get excited yet. :ohdear:
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689382]Mysterious Promo was just renamed! [url]http://git.optf2.com/schema-tracking/commit/?id=16bb89d6ceaa544a35ec4b3b20282d1af8c8e2d7[/url][/QUOTE] UPDATE MODE ACTIVATED [img]http://images.wikia.com/eggmanland/fr/images/f/f9/Metarex.gif[/img] Although they didn't really release the first Mysterious Promo, did they?
Okay so I just had a brilliant idea: get this Meet the Pyro is about the Pyro trying to build a rocket so he can go to the Sun. Bam I'm a genius no need to thank me.
Item server is down (for everyone it seems)
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689866]Item server is down (for everyone it seems)[/QUOTE] GUESS WHAT IT'S NOTHING
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35689866]Item server is down (for everyone it seems)[/QUOTE] That isn't really indicative of anything anymore.
Gaben sat on the item server, tow truck stuck in traffic.
I hope the next update fixes the Rocket Jumper. Each update, I cross fingers that it happens. Hopefully, one day. One day...
[QUOTE=alpha00zero;35690727]I hope the next update fixes the Rocket Jumper. [/QUOTE] f00l said ages ago it was in the works then he said a few months ago if we really want it to be a priority, we needed to email Valve
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35690764]f00l said ages ago it was in the works then he said a few months ago if we really want it to be a priority, we needed to email Valve[/QUOTE] Do they really want a bunch of people bombarding their inboxes with the same thing? :v:
According to the wiki, the mysterious bundle 2 contains a flare gun.... It HAVES to be a meet the pyro update
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.