• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Ceiling Man;35757619]Hopefully they'll keep the tradition in Meet the Pyro, where BLU Heavy and Soldier [I]always [/I]die.[/QUOTE] Actually, in this one, BLU Heavy and Soldier are covertly following the RED Pyro, filming it, trying to win this year's Saxxies. End scene: As the pair watches the Pyro from afar, it becomes clear they've seen something shocking and/or revealing, with sudden "Ohhhh...now it makes sense." clarity. As they turn to leave, the Pyro is suddenly behind them. Fwoosh ensues. Outro flourish.
[QUOTE=Crazy Ivan;35757957]Actually, in this one, BLU Heavy and Soldier are covertly following the RED Pyro, filming it, trying to win this year's Saxxies. End scene: As the pair watches the Pyro from afar, it becomes clear they've seen something shocking and/or revealing, with sudden "Ohhhh...now it makes sense." clarity. As they turn to leave, the Pyro is suddenly behind them. Fwoosh ensues. Outro flourish.[/QUOTE] Remember Meet the Pyro was made a long time ago, so there is no way they could've had the saxxy idea way back then
[QUOTE=Mio Akiyama;35757977]Remember Meet the Pyro was made a long time ago, so there is no way they could've had the saxxy idea way back then[/QUOTE] No, they made Meet the Pyro a long time ago, then TF2 changed drastically, so they remade it and finished it last month.
They also had MtP almost finished before they started working on MtM, they just wanted to show pyro as the last class of the MtT videos
stop saying this. They only had the plot done, and they did not actually start making it.
[QUOTE=Scarabix;35758320]stop saying this. They only had the plot done, and they did not actually start making it.[/QUOTE] I recall them saying "We've had 'Meet the Pyro' done for a while, we just want to leave it as the last of the 'Meet the Team' series"
Anyone besides me still wondering what those numbers in Foundry's secret room mean?
[QUOTE=Ceiling Man;35757619]Hopefully they'll keep the tradition in Meet the Pyro, where BLU Heavy and Soldier [I]always [/I]die.[/QUOTE] In mtm, no blu heavies could be seen. I guess they made up for it by killing an army's worth of blu soldiers. Maybe mtp will take place at the annual blu crippled deaf blind and mute heavies with cancer and bone-itis convention?
[QUOTE=iRunner;35758453]I recall them saying "We've had 'Meet the Pyro' done for a while, we just want to leave it as the last of the 'Meet the Team' series"[/QUOTE] You recall wrong, trust me.
This week, May is finally upon us. The Replay Update debuted on, what?, May 5th? It'll sure be interesting to see how Valve juggles things this year what with the Saxxy Awards undoubtedly beginning around the same time, Portal 2's major update being unleashed in two weeks' time, and the beginning of Month 4 (or is it 5?) of the teeth-gnashingly long Great TF2 Update Drought of 2012. But I tell you what: my money's on something big happening in the last two weeks of May. Because that's when I'll be out of the country and at the mercy of foreign hotel wifi.
half a year without a major update: this is what will happen on may 15th if valve doesn't come up with something. We only got one weapon since last december, and, arguably, it wasn't good, let alone game-changing.
Valve is lazy.
Yeah, something is up. It is kinda pathetic how it seems to have been abandoned. I can straight up tell you that the update, other than Meet The Pyro, will be disappointing. It will have the same monetized bullshit like Christmas, and they're not going to care.
I started playing TF2 last May, I saw the update history, and saw the uber update come in the middle of the exams. I started to enjoy the summer, and saw new weapons in July and August, and, seeing how the past went, expected a nice year with new content. Nothing big for 11 months now. Tweaks in the Manniversary, and a shitton of hats I don't care about. But nothing major. I don't care about DOTA. I want a good major update, and community contrib updates, rather that having "the hat of the week". I want maps and weapons. I have high expectatives for the upcoming update, after 3 months of being promised an awesome year.
I can't get over that "This year will be huge for TF2". Not a single notable update for five months into the year.
but... but... HATS and... and... and... COZY CAMPER ...but yea. Slow year for TF2, which is funny considering the F2P nature of the game pretty much requires lots of good, large content updates.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35762806]but... but... HATS and... and... and... COZY CAMPER ...but yea. Slow year for TF2, which is funny considering the F2P nature of the game pretty much requires lots of good, large content updates.[/QUOTE] I said this before, its mostly true that most of the beta players or players from a year later are basically done with this game or only play competitive. Or trade. So the new players have so much content and collectibles they probably want to buy, craft, or trade for. Its the old players that require the large content updates.
Just makes me hope harder for a slew of new weapons, maps and a new gamemode. Bam, in your face. But don't see it happening.
it's even sad we haven't even had any interesting promos. Last year we had 2 promos that added a handful of weapons with stats (Rift + Shogun), by this time last year, plus the MNC stuff which was interesting (well, the socks were). This year we had rootkits, pay to win games, some medieval helmets and a robot backpack. Oh and a lady's wig for Soldier. We even had 4 new maps by this time (3 community + KOTH_Badlands)... Oh and a bunch of hats that took a dangerous amount of time to start randomly dropping, and the Cozy Camper, a leftover from Christmas.
i'm really hoping it's been 11 months since the last big update just because they're gonna release a new gamemode with it
I know this is going to be worth the wait, but the wait is painfully boring.
The wait can't be that much longer. ....right?
If the Saxxy's come with Source Film Maker this week, then it will have been worth the wait.
Valve better not release this on the same day as The Avengers. The Avengers will win. Luckily, I assume they'll do something the day afterwards.
I say we still all try for a Saxxy, as in, Facepunch's TF2 playerbase as a whole. Could saturate the forums with an absolute shit ton of Saxxies.
Just realised, holy shit, Replay Update was one of the best updates for hats so far (as far as quality goes). We got the Team Captain, Conoisseur's Cap, Villain's Veil, Crocleather Slouch, Western Wear, Large Luchadore...
[QUOTE=BanthaFodder;35763989]Just realised, holy shit, Replay Update was one of the best updates for hats so far (as far as quality goes). We got the Team Captain, Conoisseur's Cap, Villain's Veil, Crocleather Slouch, Western Wear, Large Luchadore...[/QUOTE] But wasn't that just the third community hat update?...
[QUOTE=Thatrandomuser;35764225]But wasn't that just the third community hat update?...[/QUOTE] Third community hat update contained the following: Honcho's Headgear Sight for Sore Eyes Regealattor Private Eye Big Country Professor's Peculiarity Googly Gazer Teddy Roosebelt Medic's Mountain Cap Grimm Hatte Charmer's Chapeau
[QUOTE=Ceiling Man;35757619]Hopefully they'll keep the tradition in Meet the Pyro, where BLU Heavy and Soldier [I]always [/I]die.[/QUOTE] No heavies die in Meet the Sandvich or Meet the Medic Debatedly no soldiers die in Meet the Soldier unless you count the implied offscreen kills he would need to get the blue helmets I think it's all coincidence, nearly all other classes usually die in Meet the videos.
[QUOTE=Venezuelan;35764356]No heavies die in Meet the Sandvich or Meet the Medic Debatedly no soldiers die in Meet the Soldier unless you count the implied offscreen kills he would need to get the blue helmets I think it's all coincidence, nearly all other classes usually die in Meet the videos.[/QUOTE] I swear the Engie's sentry kills a heavy in Meet the Sandvich
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.