• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=MaxOfS2D;35763037]i'm really hoping it's been 11 months since the last big update just because they're gonna release a new gamemode with it[/QUOTE] Worst part is, there's a 50% chance you won't even see the new gamemode this month. Because Saxxy. In all honesty, Valve packing up Meet The Pyro + Saxxy Awards + a new gamemode + new items in the same update is impossible.
I can see Meet the Pyro, Saxxies and a new gamemode this week... but wouldn't be surprised if they don't quite deliver as much in terms of item sets.
[QUOTE=Sharc;35764785]I can see Meet the Pyro, Saxxies and a new gamemode this week... but wouldn't be surprised if they don't quite deliver as much in terms of item sets.[/QUOTE] We could all see it the past two months. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, EVER.
[QUOTE=SLBros.;35764766]Worst part is, there's a 50% chance you won't even see the new gamemode this month. Because Saxxy.[/QUOTE] I have this horrible feeling that they aren't going to be pairing MtP with the Saxxy Awards. Maybe because of last year. I dunno, I just can't bring myself to get excited about the event at all.
[QUOTE=SLBros.;35764766]Worst part is, there's a 50% chance you won't even see the new gamemode this month. Because Saxxy. In all honesty, Valve packing up Meet The Pyro + Saxxy Awards + a new gamemode + new items in the same update is impossible.[/QUOTE] The Saxxy Update in 2011 was mainly about the introduction of a new feature. This year it would have to bring in a new feature again if it was going to be a big thing on its own. The event was there to promote the feature. Not vice versa.
For this years saxxies they better fucking overhaul the replay system. Or at the least explain these crashes.
Toweek is the week!
I actually don't want MtP to be paired with the Saxxys. It just seems like a bit of overload. Get one thing out of the way first, then focus on the other. If it were up to me, I'd release the MtP update, Raid Mode, Source Filmmaker, and announce the Saxxys at the same time. This gives everyone a lot of new toys to make videos out of, then once the Saxxy awards show up, release an additional big update with new sets and whatnot, maybe a map or two.
Well if they are going to put in source filmmaker for the gimmick of this year's Saxxies, they are going to have to get Meet the Pyro out of the way, and the Saxxy anniversary is technically this week. :v:
guys saxxies are may 5 may 5 is a saturday on PST valve never releases weekend updates right? :(
[QUOTE=MaxOfS2D;35763037]i'm really hoping it's been 11 months since the last big update just because they're gonna release a new gamemode with it[/QUOTE] looking back at the 3 "new" gamemodes they made since release, it's probably going to be CTF with a control point slapped on it.
I'd love a zones type gamemode in tf2
[QUOTE=Sharc;35765433]Well if they are going to put in source filmmaker for the gimmick of this year's Saxxies, they are going to have to get Meet the Pyro out of the way, and the Saxxy anniversary is technically this week. :v:[/QUOTE] "New, for the 2012 Saxxy Awards, Source Filmmaker! What can you DO with Source Filmmaker? [b]WELLLLLL...[/b]" *cue Meet the Pyro*
Why does everyone take it for granted that this year's saxxies will be SFM?
[QUOTE=Scarabix;35765821]Why does everyone take it for granted that this year's saxxies will be SFM?[/QUOTE] They follow my theory, propably. Like I pointed out a while ago: in the blog post, it is said that Meet The Pyro will finally be released, and the TF team once said that they will release Source Filmmaker once all the shorts are done. And of course, there is this quote: "This year, expect the Saxxys to be much bigger and better, due to the imminent unveiling of another secret.". It will happen, just you wait.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean that will necessarily be meet the pyro. As handsome as his beard might be, you can't take anything chalky says for granted.
[QUOTE=Hell-met;35765565]looking back at the 3 "new" gamemodes they made since release, it's probably going to be CTF with a control point slapped on it.[/QUOTE] If you have the flag, you can cap? Or your enemy's point can only be capped once you have their flag capped, or capping a point unlocks the flag to be capped? Shit, i'd play all three.
[QUOTE=Justnobody;35766120]If you have the flag, you can cap? Or your enemy's point can only be capped once you have their flag capped, or capping a point unlocks the flag to be capped? Shit, i'd play all three.[/QUOTE] I seem to remember playing something like that. You had to take a neutral flag to the enemy's base in an attempt to capture points with it. After a cap, the flag returned to the center for you to have to take and cap another point with it. Was fun, but easy as fuck to grief though.
[QUOTE=Totenkreuz;35765593]I'd love a zones type gamemode in tf2[/QUOTE] How would that work? Are you thinking of the old Territorial Control mode that didn't oil our gears as much as it should have?
[QUOTE=ironman17;35766923]How would that work? Are you thinking of the old Territorial Control mode that didn't oil our gears as much as it should have?[/QUOTE] It'd be like Tribes:Ascends Cap and Hold and this [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMTdxrkxyEI[/url]
[QUOTE=ajrhug;35765532]guys saxxies are may 5 may 5 is a saturday on PST valve never releases weekend updates right? :([/QUOTE] Thats why I still believe that tonight we will get blog post and day 1 of some update...and we will get this update this thursday with saxxys. Well, but theres a bigger chance that we will get just another community item this thursday
This wait is even more crushing than WAR! -> Engineer Update since the WAR! update was way better than Christmas and gave us especially more gameplay adding/changing stuff. The first banner, the first shield, sword, the gunboats... all of them until then new and innovative weapons.
Plus during last years early months we had all that Portal 2 stuff to entertain us.
Ign stated in twitter "wake up and small the ashes" everyone thinks its HL3 New nvidia card is coming out. I think its Meet the Pyro and HL3 speculation.
[QUOTE=Damoman;35768163]Plus during last years early months we had all that Portal 2 stuff to entertain us.[/QUOTE] We had tons of things. This year is just... boring.
[QUOTE=Bryceanater;35768401]Ign stated in twitter "wake up and small the ashes" everyone thinks its HL3 New nvidia card is coming out. I think its Meet the Pyro and HL3 speculation.[/QUOTE] It made me think about Ashes To Ashes by Bowie [Editline]great[/editline] Great, now I can't stop listening to his songs.
maybe day 1 tonight?
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35768562]maybe day 1 tonight?[/QUOTE] I don't think it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me either.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35768562]maybe day 1 tonight?[/QUOTE] totally.
[QUOTE=ajrhug;35765532]guys saxxies are may 5 may 5 is a saturday on PST valve never releases weekend updates right? :([/QUOTE] I think the only time valve released a yearly update on the exact date was Halloween #2 and #3. The date changes depending on when the Weekday of the update is.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.