• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
why would they have a Full Moon strange part unless they were going to have Full Moon-Activated Stranges?
Okay everyone.... TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT.
[QUOTE=emmens;35839998]Okay everyone.... TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT.[/QUOTE] I thought Valve doesn't release updates on weekend nights?
[QUOTE=timman;35840154]I thought Valve doesn't release updates on weekend nights?[/QUOTE] I think it's a guess based on the Saxxys from last year. Was on the 5th if I'm right? Edit: Yep it was.
[QUOTE=Razi The Red;35840230]I think it's a guess based on the Saxxys from last year. Was on the 5th if I'm right?[/QUOTE] Valve releases on the same day of the week for annual stuff, not same date (although Manniversary and Saxxys have been off both times.
[QUOTE=Razi The Red;35840230]I think it's a guess based on the Saxxys from last year. Was on the 5th if I'm right? Edit: Yep it was.[/QUOTE] Mostly going on this one guy who kept going 2 hours until saxxy part 2! etc etc
Yeah, no. Let's wait for monday night and fake surprise when we'll get two promotional items.
We will obviously get the Super [i]Monday[/i] Night Combat promos on Sunday.
[QUOTE=J-RcZ;35840857]We will obviously get the Super [i]Monday[/i] Night Combat promos on Sunday.[/QUOTE] what's funny is SMNC usually updates on a wednesday
Ekanaut, Super MNC Dev's 2 cents on the promo: "Don't get all over hyped, you'll only be disappointed." (because people on the SMNC forum thought it was gonna be a new Pro.)
[QUOTE=Croshi;35843121] "Don't get all over hyped, you'll only be disappointed." [/QUOTE] this just hypes them more
So... there's no Saxxies?
[QUOTE=Zadrave;35843429]So... there's no Saxxies?[/QUOTE] Well not yet They can't just cancel an annual event after the first year and not say anything
[QUOTE=Croshi;35843500]Well not yet They can't just cancel an annual event after the first year and not say anything[/QUOTE] They can, but a lot of people would be pissed.
[QUOTE=BoxinShrimp;35843529]They can, but a lot of people would be pissed.[/QUOTE] It will cause too much trouble for them to cancel it, it's almost like they're forced.
[QUOTE=BoxinShrimp;35843529]They can, but a lot of people would be pissed.[/QUOTE] People are going to be pissed no matter what they do.
I always get overly optimistic when the end of the week is here and we finally get a new item. I'm always sitting here hoping it will be a new weapon and not a shifty reskin or a hat/misc, not that I don't like having six bajillion hats but gameplay gets dull fast for me. [QUOTE=Grimhound;35843692]People are going to be pissed no matter what they do.[/QUOTE] I need a 10+ Agree button.
Anyone who thinks that Cozy Camper is a better item than Fast Learner just because it's a weapon is a poohead.
[QUOTE=Kapellmeister;35846073]Anyone who thinks that Cozy Camper is a better item than Fast Learner just because it's a weapon is a poohead.[/QUOTE] It's like a third misc for sniper.
[QUOTE=Kapellmeister;35846073]Anyone who thinks that Cozy Camper is a better item than Fast Learner just because it's a weapon is a poohead.[/QUOTE] But Cozy Camper [B]is[/B] a better item because it's a weapon. New weapons are always better than hats/miscs.
I'd take a weapon over a hat/misc anytime just because it's more accessible. Even if it's not the right one for my playstyle I was able to test it out which freshens up things a little bit. To get the hat, I need to pay 7.49 or some ridiculously high amount of ingame items.
[QUOTE=Captain Chalky;35846177]But Cozy Camper [B]is[/B] a better item because it's a weapon. New weapons are always better than hats/miscs.[/QUOTE] He might mean aesthetically. But even then there's always a sea of opinions out there. I think the Cozy Camper is a well made item which deserved to get ingame, and was unfortunent to be butchered by valve's re-texture. Though personally as a weapon it's rather useless, because any sniper worth his snuff NEEDS to be able to be agile even while scoped.
[QUOTE=Thatrandomuser;35846487]He might mean aesthetically. But even then there's always a sea of opinions out there. I think the Cozy Camper is a well made item which deserved to get ingame, and was unfortunent to be butchered by valve's re-texture. Though personally as a weapon it's rather useless, because any sniper worth his snuff NEEDS to be able to be agile even while scoped.[/QUOTE] who needs agility when you can just park right up to a dispenser
[QUOTE=Thatrandomuser;35846487]He might mean aesthetically. But even then there's always a sea of opinions out there. I think the Cozy Camper is a well made item which deserved to get ingame, and was unfortunent to be butchered by valve's re-texture. Though personally as a weapon it's rather useless, because any sniper worth his snuff NEEDS to be able to be agile even while scoped.[/QUOTE] I strafe around when I'm unscoped and zoom in just before I shoot. If you're scoped for longer than 2 seconds any sniper worth his snuff should have already killed you, no matter how slow you're moving / not moving while scoped.
Everybody keeps saying "We need new weapons" I think not. We already have enough weapons.
[QUOTE=royaldanney;35846710]I strafe around when I'm unscoped and zoom in just before I shoot. If you're scoped for longer than 2 seconds any sniper worth his snuff should have already killed you, no matter how slow you're moving / not moving while scoped.[/QUOTE] Any sniper worth his snuff knows he'll face more than just counter snipers and that the camper does more harm than good.
[QUOTE=Croshi;35843121]Ekanaut, Super MNC Dev's 2 cents on the promo: "Don't get all over hyped, you'll only be disappointed." (because people on the SMNC forum thought it was gonna be a new Pro.)[/QUOTE] If I was right about the Superfan and the Athletic Supporter, people won't just be disappointed
[QUOTE=Totenkreuz;35846753]Any sniper worth his snuff knows he'll face more than just counter snipers and that the camper does more harm than good.[/QUOTE] Okay, there are many snipers worth their snuff. We're done with that. :v: But anyway, my opinion is that you shouldn't stand still as a sniper, ever. Be it scoped or unscoped. So there's where we agree. To be honest, the Cozy Camper may be an innovative concept, but I just don't like the bland way it goes. It literally forces you to camp, which is a hated attitude in like all games.
People never cease to amaze me. A guy said that "Cozy Camper should've been a misc, not a weapon" and immediately after says that "they should stop adding hats and miscs and start adding more weapons".
Backpack miscs for sniper would be like boot miscs for demo and soldier. Oh wait..
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.