• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=BanthaFodder;35858287]I'd like it if we got some kind of "Essence of Unsuality" or something, where you could apply it to any hat to give it a random effect. Make it drop at maybe half the rate as hats. Bam, the Mannconomy is much less shit and Valve continues to make money.[/QUOTE] Unusual owners would kill themselves
[QUOTE=MrCasual;35857347]I might be late to the party on this, but this should be done for TF2. Crates are totally unethical, and this is coming from someone that has had a lot of unusuals in the past....well, a few anyway. Its online gambling, no ifs ands or buts. Valve should just put everything in the game on the store for preset prices, but give them the "not usable in crafting" tag so people that trade that stuff for money don't get screwed. But you shouldn't be doing this kind of thing for money in the first place. Its like using a Pyramid scheme for a primary source of income. Its too much work and not reliable. And add special "tools" that add unusual effects to hats, and the value of the effect costs are based on the "quality" of the effect, like Sunbeams tool being $149.99, and flies costing...I dunno. $19.99. And unusuals made with this have the "not usable in crafting" tag. Or something. Also put a strange version of every weapon on the store, and give them all one price...like $14.99 each. Going by "Economy" and TF2 store prices here. And strange parts, $4.99 each. Then keys should be removed from the store, but existing keys people own should be turned into...something else. Maybe Valve could incorporate some kind of feature like you can use keys to pay for things on the Mann co store, but they won't have the "Not usable in crafting" tag when bought with keys? As for crates, make left over crates either craftable or have Valve change all crates into a random weapon. I know not everyone will back the idea 100%, and it might hurt some people participate in the economy likes its their second job (You should never use something on the Internet as your primary source of income, its too risky in the first place) but Valve will have to do SOMETHING if the Government starts weeding out dodgy stuff like this.[/QUOTE] Or...we can simplify everything and say an unusual item is what you get for every twenty bucks you spend in the Mann.Co store. You can still uncrate them at the same rate but you can get them at the cost of 20 buck too. [sp] personally anyone who spends that much on the game earns should earn it already[/sp] Hat and effect stay random, but maybe make it uncraftable and fuck with the economy by having the who ever they are that makes prices break their brain to find out what a "Dirty, Flies Mongolian" costs.
[QUOTE=Fillmore;35858513]Unusual owners would kill themselves[/QUOTE] That's basically the bonus, yeah.
Hypothetical: What if the second annual Saxxy awards aren't announced this week?
[QUOTE=Damoman;35859082]Hypothetical: What if the second annual Saxxy awards aren't announced this week?[/QUOTE] Then none of us would be surprised.
[QUOTE=Maruhai;35850655]WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDREN[/QUOTE] Wait a second... Which class got into Killing Floor a while ago? [thumb]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/162/4/a/killing_floor_red_blue_pyro_by_atagene-d3im7gr.png[/thumb] It all makes sense now [img]http://sae.tweek.us/static/images/emoticons/emot-byodood.gif[/img]
If we're gonna be speculating over the music featured in meet the pyro, I personally expect 60's british music. I know most people think the pyro is mexican, but I think it's english.
[I]Someone elses song[/I] with a latin twist.
I want Arabian music because it's always used in "hot" levels in video games (volcanoes, deserts, stuff like that).
[quote][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHaq_tljiZQ[/media][/quote] EDIT: Quoted to shrink the window.
Due to the fact that one Czech company is called Pyrotek I do believe that Pyro is Czech. Dvořák, 9th symphony 4th movement.
[QUOTE=J-RcZ;35860133]Due to the fact that one Czech company is called Pyrotek I do believe that Pyro is Czech. Dvořák, 9th symphony 4th movement.[/QUOTE] Then Scout is English because there's a boy scouts there? Pyro is a large word used for fire.
[QUOTE=Erfly;35860180]Then Scout is English because there's a boy scouts there? Pyro is a large word used for fire.[/QUOTE] Americans do have boy scouts, honey.
[QUOTE=J-RcZ;35860133]Due to the fact that one Czech company is called Pyrotek I do believe that Pyro is Czech. Dvořák, 9th symphony 4th movement.[/QUOTE] Well, if your theory is correct, isn't Pyro Czechoslovakian then because Czech and Slovakia weren't separate countries back then?
[QUOTE=Kapellmeister;35859578]I want Arabian music because it's always used in "hot" levels in video games (volcanoes, deserts, stuff like that).[/QUOTE] always my favorite songs in games
[QUOTE=Kapellmeister;35859578]I want Arabian music because it's always used in "hot" levels in video games (volcanoes, deserts, stuff like that).[/QUOTE] [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtYns8kacuc[/media] Thread music.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35861220]always my favorite songs in games[/QUOTE] Its funny because Dusty Dune Galaxy in Mario Galaxy is one of the most boring things ever yet has such nice music.
[QUOTE=Yukinari;35861376]Its funny because Dusty Dune Galaxy in Mario Galaxy is one of the most boring things ever yet has such nice music.[/QUOTE] Best Level and Best Music [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMa0aOHxTEk[/media] [editline]7th May 2012[/editline] Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite singleplayer game of all time (you can probably guess my favorite multiplayer)
[QUOTE=J-RcZ;35860212]Americans do have boy scouts, honey.[/QUOTE] I know that, but by your logic Pyro will be a bunch of different nationalities due to the fact there are a ton of places with pyro in the name.
[QUOTE=Erfly;35861433]I know that, but by your logic Pyro will be a bunch of different nationalities due to the fact there are a ton of places with pyro in the name.[/QUOTE] But I like Czechs *sniff*
so I wonder if we'll get a Walking Dead promo hint hint nudge nudge mnemo
Less promos more Meet the Pyro.
yea but what if the promos are items with stats? The Deus Ex and Shogun promos were fun.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35861399]Best Level and Best Music Mario Galaxy 2 is my favorite singleplayer game of all time (you can probably guess my favorite multiplayer)[/QUOTE] Call of Duty ? :v:
dat 104.7 hrs in CoD multiplayer that I've never actually played
brothers are great
True story, without my brother I never would have bought tf2
[QUOTE=Constructor;35862366]brothers are great[/QUOTE] I read it as "Brothels"
those too
[QUOTE=Damian0358;35860562]Well, if your theory is correct, isn't Pyro Czechoslovakian then because Czech and Slovakia weren't separate countries back then?[/QUOTE] They were always two separate nations, though.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.