• Major Update Speculation Thread V2: Revenge of the Tobor
    10,002 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Kaymon;35983893]I can't understand what you're saying.[/QUOTE] If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ? [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Threadshitting" - Craptasket))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=sethcaron;35983951]If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ?[/QUOTE] What has the intelligence of a Cabbage and can't type Hint. It's not a cabbage.
[QUOTE=sethcaron;35983951]If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ?[/QUOTE] Truly this man is the Messiah! His words of wisdom, none, can deny.
[QUOTE=sethcaron;35983951]If we don't get a good update everyone's going to fucking die and a major shitstorm of facepunch and spuf combined the fucking end you happy now ?[/QUOTE] Look... people have tried to put this nicely, and nastily too, but you don't get it. You're shitposting.
[QUOTE=Thatrandomuser;35983989]What has the intelligence of a Cabbage and can't type Hint. It's not a cabbage.[/QUOTE] god damn it teacher i didnt study
[QUOTE=Roninsmastermix;35982316]yeah well don't get me wrong, I can assure you guys that there is a massive update due soon. (probably 2-3 weeks out) but its DEFINITELY not what people are saying here. Fact is, it takes a lot of effort to prepare everything to ship. Graphics for the promos, assets to be defined, legal papers to be signed (and approved) and play testing. Take the map for rumor for example, you guys honestly think that would be done in a few weeks? We really should be happy we'll get a big update. You guys already know the drill, "free dlc, large community, small core development team". Either way we the community wins. Not a perfect for everyone but still appreciate what they're doing.[/QUOTE] As long as there's more emphasis placed on weapons than on cosmetics, I'll be content.
[QUOTE=Jetamo;35984296]Look... people have tried to put this nicely, and nastily too, but you don't get it. You're shitposting.[/QUOTE] Pretty much my last time ever of doing this. And I said I have changed but no one seems to be nice to people like me helping and trying to guess what's next... welp off to no bullshit forums the great place to be.
[QUOTE=Lord Exor;35984399]As long as there's more emphasis placed on weapons than on cosmetics, it'll be content.[/QUOTE] Fixed that for ya.
[QUOTE=Mechtroid;35984447]Fixed that for ya.[/QUOTE] Being content means that he'll be satisfied. He's using the adjective, not the noun.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35982457]not in a million years would I think to email EA immediately when I notice something odd or easily fixable. And yet, I email Valve all the time, and usually in a month or so those nagging problems are fixed (or ignored). Valve's problem isn't communication. It's remembering they made that communication. They forget... a lot, and don't realize a lot of things are wrong when they are wrong. I don't think they really play TF2 in quite the same situations we all do, so some bugs are not entirely noticeable to them until it's brought up. Sometimes assuming Valve knows a pretty obvious bug exists is not really what's true[/QUOTE] To extend this sentiment, the guys I talked to on a tour were really, really bad at saying no to people's faces. It's not that they hate communication, but they also hate letting people down. You should have seen how ashamed some of them were of the early days of steam and how unreliable it is. EDIT: Psychopath, that was the joke. I was joking that cosmetics are no longer considered "content" to Exor.
I really do hope we see a good handful of new weapons. I mean we have plenty of hats at this point, but just like a few others have said, I'd LOVE to see new changes to the gameplay itself. Seeing as that's the most important part of a GAME :v: (And it looks like you all can give your box ratings a break now)
[QUOTE=The Calzone;35983719]Hardest part about emailing the tf2 team for me anymore is filling out the horrendously unforgiving Valve captchas. Seriously those things are annoying.[/QUOTE] oh god, I thought it was just me being dumb. Good to know other people have to do it several [dozen] times before it finally goes through
welp entire steam community (including tf2.com) is down.. probably nothing butttttttttttt
I am currently in TF2 and the item server seems to still work
managed to load the blog. no new news, but the update page isn't loading. e: nothing
It was a simple downtime planned on SPUF, they updated their servers, and that's it.
TONIGHT'S NOT THE NIGHT * [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjFYy7qEh8A[/media]
[QUOTE=Kaze1;35985038]welp entire steam community (including tf2.com) is down.. probably nothing butttttttttttt[/QUOTE] It's because of maintenence [url]http://twitter.com/#!/Steam_Support/status/202850349466390530[/url]
The Blog doesn't load. I guess it's maintenance. [QUOTE][IMG]http://puu.sh/v8pZ[/IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z424/BanthaFodder95/waitingforaTF2updatebefore.gif[/IMG]
wait until tomorrow. Today is Wednesday.
They're working on Dota 2 Test on wednesdays, don't expect anything big TF2 related.
[QUOTE=Mechtroid;35984492]To extend this sentiment, the guys I talked to on a tour were really, really bad at saying no to people's faces. It's not that they hate communication, but they also hate letting people down. You should have seen how ashamed some of them were of the early days of steam and how unreliable it is. EDIT: Psychopath, that was the joke. I was joking that cosmetics are no longer considered "content" to Exor.[/QUOTE] Cosmetics are permissible when packaged alongside items of relevance to the gameplay. As they are now, the Thursday cosmetics require only the barest minimum of testing before shipment; essentially, Valve makes a profit simply by amending the game with exogenous material. Minimal effort is expended in this process. Weapons, game modes, maps, and bosses at least force the team to exercise their brains. I'd like to think the TF2 team gets paid for something other than house cleaning and minor code.
I think you're somewhat underestimating the amount of work needed to add a hat (especially from a new contributor)
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35985610]I think you're somewhat underestimating the amount of work needed to add a hat (especially from a new contributor)[/QUOTE] My sentiments exactly. Tests to do, correspondence to make, codes to write, icons to make, legal papers file, all being done on almost a weekly basis now.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35985610]I think you're somewhat underestimating the amount of work needed to add a hat (especially from a new contributor)[/QUOTE] Underestimation notwithstanding, it's still exponentially less than what is needed for more impactful endeavors. What's happening now, as you so graciously asserted, is routine mundanity.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35985610]I think you're somewhat underestimating the amount of work needed to add a hat (especially from a new contributor)[/QUOTE] It's a bit unfair to compare the work required. For adding a new cosmetic, there is lots of paperwork to be filed so that all of the legal things can be sorted out. Adding entries to the Mann Co catalogue and item schema isn't as programming-heavy as coding a new attribute or gamemode, it's just modifying things in a database. There is still some coding involved, but it's not as involved as creating something new from a programming perspective.
I mean I used to sit on here all day and bang about how little effort was needed to make half a dozen hats paintable and fix all the sounds. Then 8 hours later I had done it and I realized that maybe it takes a really long time to do "simple" stuff.
What I want to know is how much profit they make on the weekly items. Are enough people buying the new hats to warrant the ability to delay full-content updates which are probably more profitable but also harder to produce. I think Valve will probably keep churning out full-content updates to attract new players since the weekly items is probably not bringing in players.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;35985522]wait until tomorrow. Today is Wednesday.[/QUOTE] But for us, it's been the night for a week. You see, the way of hype can be free and beautiful. But we have lost the way. Cosmetics has poisoned men's souls, has barricaded the world with hats, has goose-stepped us into bickery and disbelief. We have developed community submissions but we have shut ourselves in, Workshop that gives abundance has left us in want. Our lack of knowledge has made us cynical, our cleverness hard and unkind. We think too much about it and feel too little. More than hattery we need weaponry. More than cleverness we need kindness and gentleness. ...And well, as with everything, patience. Communities have their own ways on the wait cycle. Some of us [URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NQIPVqLMUg]stops beliving[/URL], some of us sets the wait on background and thinks of other subjects. And well, some us just plain wait. Since hey, every elevator stops at one point, be it the top floor, or the basement. I mean hey, the sheer negative attitude of this topic has animated me to go poke and dig up my account info. Oh and just in case this week's night won't be The night, I went ahead and made a robot for you people (Well, atleast I had a robot in mind when doing it) [IMG]http://puu.sh/v6fq[/IMG]
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.