• Major Update Speculation V5: Somewhere over the rainbow
    8,830 replies, posted
[QUOTE=tso;36537615]ah i see whatcha mean - firing always takes 3 ammo.. man that would SUCK :([/QUOTE] No I mean... You know that you have to hold down the button to fire 3/2/1 rockets? I was suggesting that at least 1 rocket is loaded like a normal rocket launcher so you can at least use that quickly, but you still have to hold down fire (or alternative fire) to add the 2 other rockets (maybe take a bit longer to put in the 2 new rockets for balancing). Compared to the default rocket launcher, the stock amount of ammo loaded for the bazooka would be 3 less than normal, and wouldn't be OP at least as far as I can see it.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;36537483]Splitting the weapons was fine. Changing the appearance of a three year old weapon that looked fine, and then using the old skin on a new item... well that's just silly, pointless and confusing for the player.[/QUOTE] How about we give the Equalizer the old look back ewhile the Escape Plan gets the new skin but without blood?
[QUOTE=Zesty McLime;36537666]I tried this. It made the colours a bit prettier but I'm still not seeing mmph signs or lollipop flowers, I'm not sure what those are counted at (I'd imagine decals and props respectively), so I don't see why my graphical settings would change the latter, but I really have no idea what's doing this :/ An image link using -dxlevel 100 [URL]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559819915802040200/E060DBF746997DB5672319EADCA5759E3D8C5F8C/[/URL] edited out the image to a link because it was a bit big for the page.[/QUOTE] Did you load any FPS config or set setting to the lowest available? Try using a chris high quality config.
Found something interesting with the Baby Face Blaster. If you have a full boost, then switch to any other primary weapon, the boost gets "stored" on your gun, and does not reset if you change loadouts. If you switch back to the Blaster, you will have full boost. If you switch with full boost to another primary and jump around, the boost does not reset either. The boost does not apply with another primary equipped though, which is good.
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;36537577]the old weapon wasn't screwed up, the item server was. Because the skins don't work, I got confused, thinking I had it equipped, when I had the speed based one. I think old weapons should always keep their iconic appearance. I identify the Equalizer with the old skin, and so did 99% of players who didn't join today. You don't change the entire appearance of a three year old weapon and then move that skin over to a new item... it doesn't matter what most people used the weapon for previously. Also the new skin is ugly and doesn't fit with the other original class update weapons, so it's a stark contrast to the Direct Hit and Buff Banner.[/QUOTE] Sort of agree, it makes more sense artistically to have the damaging one all bloody, but I'd prefer a new skin for the Escape Plan.
[QUOTE=B-Rabbit;36537706]Did you load any FPS config or set setting to the lowest available? Try using a chris high quality config.[/QUOTE] I'm using a bit of chris' dx9frames, I'm sure it is one of those settings, I just want to know which one could remove the flowers like that so I could remove just that one. I need some of those because I have been getting framerate drops recently. Would max worldmesh vertices do it? And the reason I'm not going through all of those one by one is that I don't know all of the default values
[QUOTE=DaWhatTheFox;36537548][thumb]http://puu.sh/Em0d[/thumb][/QUOTE] I'm so stoked for this. I gotta get one soon.
[QUOTE=Clovernoodle;36537668]Ah, sweet beautiful hype. Thanks guys[/QUOTE] [url]http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2771667[/url] Also here's a link to SPUFs reactions. You know, if you want to kill some brain cells.
I wonder when will we get the Dr. Grordbort sets, the same time as MvM? And how many years away is that?
[QUOTE=Captain Chalky;36537753]I wonder when will we get the Dr. Grordbort sets, the same time as MvM? And how many years away is that?[/QUOTE] ComicCon like soldier's pack probably. So a month
Why is everyone so obsessed with those Grodanboll packs?
[QUOTE=Simski;36537818]Why is everyone so obsessed with those Grodanboll packs?[/QUOTE] New Medigun, new Scattergun, almost guaranteed that there will be new animations/taunts because it's WETA and the track record of past WETA items in-game having animations/taunts.
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDYm-Q5aaW0&feature=g-all-bul[/url]
[QUOTE=ned_ballad;36537577]the old weapon wasn't screwed up, the item server was. Because the skins don't work, I got confused, thinking I had it equipped, when I had the speed based one. I think old weapons should always keep their iconic appearance. I identify the Equalizer with the old skin, and so did 99% of players who didn't join today. You don't change the entire appearance of a three year old weapon and then move that skin over to a new item... it doesn't matter what most people used the weapon for previously. Also the new skin is ugly and doesn't fit with the other original class update weapons, so it's a stark contrast to the Direct Hit and Buff Banner.[/QUOTE] They had no reason not to change the old Equalizer's name to Escape Plan and make the new Equalizer drop normally [editline]noman[/editline] As in, without giving it out for free or anything
the new escape plan or whatever does drop, I saw someone get a drop today.
Just heard the serial killer Pyro theme in the main menu, fuck yes this is awesome
-snip-
[QUOTE=mphayes97;36537912]Very stupid question, when is CC?[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=ned_ballad;36537764]ComicCon like soldier's pack probably. So a month[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=mphayes97;36537912]Very stupid question, when is CC?[/QUOTE] [url]http://lmgtfy.com/?q=when+is+comic+con[/url] [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Let me Google that for you." - Craptasket))[/highlight]
so when do you guys think the normal after update fix/ what we forgot will be
I thought the Baby Face Blaster was going to suck, but it's not [I]that[/I] bad. You can earn boost with your pistol, and boost gets earned really fast (a single 40dmg shot will boost you to around normal speed, and you can do that from midrange). The jumping thing is still a deal breaker for me though. If they make it so you still have your momentum when you jump instead of jumping with your slow speed it'd be great, so then you could re-earn boost while in midair and keep your speed, but if you need to reload or miss your shots then you're fucked. Honestly I think the damage reduction nerf shouldn't be there, you're only doing like 60-70 dmg max instead of the 90 a Scout usually does and without the speed you're easy to kill. The pistol's nice, the fire damage is a real killer but if you avoid pyro's it's great. I haven't tried any of the other weapons since I can't trade items from my idle accounts but I did get a few cosmetics and a strange lollichop. I like Special Delivery if it's not a steamroll. There's a lot of tension and teamwork is essential, because if you don't cover the launch pad some Engies could build there and if you focus too much on the launch pad you'll never get the australium. I think it's almost like TC without the different areas, you need to push and defend at the same time. Overall I like the update, but it's certainly not massive like they claimed it was.
[QUOTE=Psychopath12;36537605]I wasn't defending their decision to do that, I was merely citing their justification for doing it. If the community lets the TF team know that they want it back to how it used to be as far as appearance goes, they'll likely respond accordingly.[/QUOTE] I'm coming in a bit late to this, but it doesn't make sense for a blood-stained weapon to make you go faster and a clean weapon to do more damage (unless the blood-stained one would have soldier's blood on it?). Anyway, my soldier medal isn't drawing: This was fixed not long ago: [B]June 11, 2012 Patch[/B] - Fixed the Gentle Manne's Service Medal not being drawn when equipped - [Undocumented] The Gentle Manne's Service Medal now makes small metal sounds in the backpack. As of this new update, it seems to be broken again for me. It only equips in loadout view.
Uh, I was using the Escape Plan, it had the bloody skin and then I respawned and it had the regular skin I didn't swap weapons and it was indeed the Escape Plan what happened
So....valve didn't learn the lesson with the crates...
New quick fix is absolutely amazing. You go freaking flying.
[t]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/1172309465337777741/9194906AF439D215D1769AB7DAF25E62379BDC8B/[/t] It looks like pyro vision changes some miscs also. Feel free to give me clocks if there any to be given
[QUOTE=KnowProblem;36538051]New quick fix is absolutely amazing. You go freaking flying.[/QUOTE] You should try it out with a Scout who's using the Baby Face's Blaster. You go so fast. I have yet to test if it also applies to Gas Jockey Pyros or charging Demomen, if it does, then it's about time.
[QUOTE=emmens;36538046]So....valve didn't learn the lesson with the crates...[/QUOTE] hey yeah when are they gonna learn that nobody buys the keys for event crates maybe when they stop being massively successful
And heavy just got 1 misc, thanks valve.
well all the weapons drop, and everything but the two Pyro reskins have recipes. All the cosmetics are craftable. So really, it's just the cosmetics that can't be dropped or purchased yet, the weapons are totally normal, except the two Pyro weapons which should have recipes because they're just as unique as the mackarel, and the flamethrower taunt kills.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.