• Major Update Speculation XXIV: An Eloquent Absence of Germane Spectulation
    30,718 replies, posted
oh I forgot about the weapons that didn't make it into Love and War who knows if we'll ever see them?
x -> 1 (VOICE: Incoming!) Just bugfixes probably (and maybe disabling buildings during spells etc??)
This could be something or nothing
Update inc
[QUOTE=NeoDement;46373271]oh I forgot about the weapons that didn't make it into Love and War who knows if we'll ever see them?[/QUOTE] I really hope so. Those stats - beyond what we already got - sounded interesting.
[QUOTE=Shaohs;46373048]-snip- If this is the case, this means that pyro and heavy will get a war update,[/QUOTE] Why would you give a war update to a matchup that's so one-sided? Spy vs. Engie is really well-balanced and nuanced, plus the interaction is built into each one's kit naturally. Heavy just trashes pyro the majority of the time. It's not a fair fight by any stretch of the imagination. Yes, pyro can airblast an ubered heavy but that's it. Unless the heavy is below half health, he can simply tank through a pyro's damage and mow him down because of his absurd close range damage. I don't even know where this image is from. None of those lines make any sense.
ric Smith 8:22 PM (6 minutes ago) to Half-Life, Half-Life, hlds_announce We're working on a mandatory update for TF2. We should have it ready soon. -Eric
FYI, if anyone's having a hard time getting the melee kills under the curse, you can get the tiny spell from the ticket area's rare spell that spawns and just get melee kills with that, how I got all mine anyway.
[QUOTE=JasperDx17;46373333]FYI, if anyone's having a hard time getting the melee kills under the curse, you can get the tiny spell from the ticket area's rare spell that spawns and just get melee kills with that, how I got all mine anyway.[/QUOTE] I just put stickies under the enemy team before we got teleported and kaboom'ed them They got pissed
Adding one goodie cauldron per achievement, I hope.
Updating, don't see any notes.
[QUOTE=TheMooseman;46373373]Adding one goodie cauldron per achievement, I hope.[/QUOTE] that... actually that wouldn't be that bad. still makes things finite per account but it's much better than just 2 cauldrons.
Fixed a dedicated server crash related to the new map sd_doomsday_event and server-wide curses - Fixed Blue team hearing the win audio instead of the lose audio when Red gets the tickets to the Strongmann machine - Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected - Fixed players changing team to respawn outside of their cart while playing a minigame - Fixed players being able to use the Eureka effect while in their bumper car - Fixed a bug that let Engineers move faster while carrying a building - Fixed the Spycicle not giving the Spy fire resistance - Fixed The Manngaroo itemset including the wrong item - Updated the equip_region for the Vaccinator and Quick-Fix - Fixed a bug where players would not get a kill credit for turning another player in to a ghost - Updated player ghosts to always use team color - Updated the new TargetID system - Added Advance Option and ConVar to disable floating health icon (tf_hud_target_id_disable_floating_health) - Added Advance Option to control the alpha of TargetID nameplate - Fixed not showing for disguised enemy Spies - Fixed showing the health of cloaked Spies - Fixed not hiding the panel when players are no longer visible - Added ConVar tf_weapon_criticals_melee to control whether melee weapons have random crits. Works separately from tf_weapon_criticals. - Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled - Fixed round-end crits not working when tf_weapon_criticals is set to zero - Updated sd_doomsday_event - Added spell pickups near the ticket case spawn - Reduced mega spell respawn time from 90 seconds to 45 seconds - Fixed curses occurring in bumper car minigames - Fixed players being able to boost their bumper cars early - Increased the damage that bumper cars receive from collisions - Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car - Replaced large ammo kits near the Strongmann machine with spells - Reduced ammo kit size on the bridge from full to medium - Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players - Platform game: - Fixed Merasmus giving instructions in the platform game when it gets to the final platform - Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached - Soccer game: - Added HHH, spawns 45 seconds into the match - Duck game: - Increased max score to 200
I'm really liking the sound of a Engineer vs Spy War update, could see lots of chaos and fun to be had with that pair up. Hoping that this might bring some new buildings or sappers for the classes. I know this has been posted before, I just wanted to keep this subject going because its really intriguing and fascinating to me and to others I'd hope; The Civilian class was updated around 4 months ago, in the pre-love and war update which added the teleported bread. Discovered by Ubermunchkin and Konkey Dong, also tested by 404UserNotFound, Found that by getting the game to join cv_civilian now, caused it to show a new version. [video=youtube;iSD1xXHVlIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSD1xXHVlIM[/video] This shows it having use of a primary and melee weapons, as previously it didn't. It also changed the hp to 200 compared to 50 and a slight increase in speed. Here is the two versions coding, 2007 launch version. [URL="http://pastebin.com/ckmYb89E"]http://pastebin.com/ckmYb89E[/URL] 2014 love and war updated version. [url]http://pastebin.com/eJbKp87f[/url]
[quote]- Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached[/quote] Alright alright! That should spice things up a bit.
[QUOTE=1112e;46373392]-update-[/QUOTE] Well well, looks like the soccer game is gonna be more hectic.
So the lack of damage spread on grenades was a glitch then, thank goodness.
[quote]- Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled[/quote] Finally. [editline].[/editline] This is probably Valve preparing for the supposed competitive mode.
Looks like HHH has a new friend [t]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36353839535152740/14BABBF1DF71F63CD96C9B40477F860959D14891/[/t] que golden hammer music
[QUOTE=1112e;46373392] -bugfixes that i don't give a shit about - Updated sd_doomsday_event - Added spell pickups near the ticket case spawn - Reduced mega spell respawn time from 90 seconds to 45 seconds - Fixed curses occurring in bumper car minigames - Fixed players being able to boost their bumper cars early - Increased the damage that bumper cars receive from collisions - Players can no longer suicide when in a Bumper Car - Replaced large ammo kits near the Strongmann machine with spells - Reduced ammo kit size on the bridge from full to medium - Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players - Platform game: - Fixed Merasmus giving instructions in the platform game when it gets to the final platform - Center tent pole now vanishes when the final platform is reached - Soccer game: - Added HHH, spawns 45 seconds into the match - Duck game: - Increased max score to 200[/QUOTE] Alright, this is good. They're listening. We'll see how this pans out.
[QUOTE]- Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected[/QUOTE] :( [QUOTE]- Fixed the knife not playing its backstab animation when crits are disabled[/QUOTE] Took them 5 years
[QUOTE=1112e;46373392] - Updated HHH to use a giant Necro Smasher when attacking players [/QUOTE] So now the Horseman is now hunting for points in Whack-A-Merc, huh.
HHH uses a Necrosmasher in the minigames, cute.
If there's one thing I'm hyped for in what testinglol said it's not even the new weapons or the fact that we're getting a new War. It's the competitive matchmaking. I've said it before, what I'm really tired of about TF2 is how people can join and leave mid-matches or idling without getting punished, making players that actually try to care for the objective punished by getting auto-balanced. I know some people like TF2 for that, I did too at first, but now I'm having a hard time caring about winning. So what if I won, the other team had afks, half the server are F2Ps with no avatars, and part of my team actually were on the other team before the auto-balance. Woo hooray for me. New weapons and new maps won't change that. Matchmaking will. Can't wait.
I love HHH even more now.
[QUOTE=1112e;46373392] - Fixed grenade projectiles doing more damage than expected - Added Advance Option and ConVar to disable floating health icon [/QUOTE] YES
i'd rather have monoculous on the platform minigame but well.
[QUOTE=Damoman;46373196]Keep in mind that the soldier still has that mortar waiting in the wings. He will never not be the centre of attention.[/QUOTE] Did we confirm that attribute wasn't just talking about the Air Strike?
[QUOTE=CaptainDedede;46373407] [video=youtube;iSD1xXHVlIM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSD1xXHVlIM[/video] This shows it having use of a primary and melee weapons [/QUOTE] That's only because I did it cheaply and replaced the scout.ctx
[QUOTE=Mort Stroodle;46373466]Did we confirm that attribute wasn't just talking about the Air Strike?[/QUOTE] Some of them definitely were for the Air Strike but these don't seem to be: mult_dmg_with_reduced_health mult_postfiredelay_with_reduced_health and it's certainly a possibility when these two weren't included for sniper: mult_sniper_charge_per_sec_with_enemy_under_crossh air sniper_beep_with_enemy_under_crosshair
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.