• Stuff that annoys you in TF2: Lime Scout Edition
    20,777 replies, posted
When this happens on 2fort: Grab intel, get killed, rush to get it again, suddenly there's a fucking abundance of heavies, soldiers, demos, pyros and engies defending it, and they don't even bother trying to capture the blu/red intel.
[QUOTE=necrophilia;42445490]When this happens on 2fort: Grab intel, get killed, rush to get it again, suddenly there's a fucking abundance of heavies, soldiers, demos, pyros and engies defending it, and they don't even bother trying to capture the blu/red intel.[/QUOTE] "Why bother grabbing their intel if they can't get ours?"
[QUOTE=Pyraax;42445674]"Why bother grabbing their intel if they can't get ours?"[/QUOTE] "It'll be the seven hour war all over again..."
[QUOTE=necrophilia;42445490]When this happens on 2fort: Grab intel, get killed, rush to get it again, suddenly there's a fucking abundance of heavies, soldiers, demos, pyros and engies defending it, and they don't even bother trying to capture the blu/red intel.[/QUOTE] or the opposite happens Score on the intel, YOUR team decides to have everyone camp YOUR intel...for 20 more minutes
There is always a Sentry Gun in 2Fort that can't be destroyed. Sometimes because it is surrounded by Engineers 24/7, other times is just your team's lazyness.
Other times because it is in the skybox.
Sniping people with high ping.
Playing on turbine with a regular who's a really good soldier and I'm pocketing him (Not "le only heal him" pocketing, don't go hanging me for being his "stupid butt buddy") We keep going for the intel and capping. Some kid just calls us stupid tryhards for capping, on our own team no less. Ugh, I really hate the word tryhard. It's dumb, can we stop using it?
[img]http://i.cubeupload.com/s1Kz9x.png[/img] Another scammer, I mean, come on.
[QUOTE=01271;42449485] Another scammer, I mean, come on.[/QUOTE] He might've just been ignorant and thought you could trade steam wallet funds.
[QUOTE=01271;42449485] Another scammer, I mean, come on.[/QUOTE] He didn't look like a scammer also no one gives a shit about bill's hat, no scammer would waste the time on them, as a professional scammer irl I would know [QUOTE=Wolf532;42449597]He might've just been ignorant and thought you could trade steam wallet funds.[/QUOTE] You can Set a crate or cheapo item for ~$15, buy it, trade
Technically a cross post from the things I love thread, but on a pub server I was playing on today, my team was defending. We were holding off on the second point well (Goldrush map1 if it means anything) when someone joined. You get that a lot, you know, so I ignored it .. until once he joined he started bashing the team for their choices and trying to assert dominance over what classes people should play, claiming that the team was going to lose because we "had two spies". I was one of those spies. I ended up #1 MVP when we won, with the other spy following in MVP #2. Some people. :v:
The fact the razorback is STILL broken in MVM. I'd be nice to have for the waves that you don't need jarate, but have a ass ton of spies. Hell, what's that guy's (Eric?) email that people send bug reports to? Its been over a year now and that ain't fixed.
[QUOTE=Folseh;42442752]all he did was run and gun instead of fight like a man"[/QUOTE] When Demoknights say this. Their weapons were specifically made to be viable against guns anyway, why should we give you the advantage? I'll gladly "fight like a man", but lose the Eyelander with 5 heads + Splendid Screen + Bootlegger/Booties. True men fight with the Fan O'War.
[QUOTE=-=NARH=-;42450160]True men fight with the [B]Fan O'War[/B].[/QUOTE] Damn Right. [t]http://i.imgur.com/9NvIWG0.png[/t]
Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?
When MvM got released, I thought they were going to add a KOTH map where Robots will appear eventually and attack both teams or a survival game mode where Robots where trying to kill you. But not. Instead we got a laggy clusterfuck of robots and people complaining because we don't have enough heavies to pass from the first wave. I still hope that Valve will add a variation to MvM that isn't just defense. I want to kill robots without having to worry about a point that gets captured in 3 seconds. Apologize if I disagree with Facepunch thoughts about how good MvM is, but, even after a whole MvM update, I'm still disappointed.
The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know. Besides, being Piss Sniper is pretty fun [QUOTE=Sgt. Nikolai;42450359]When MvM got released, I thought they were going to add a KOTH map where Robots will appear eventually and attack both teams or a survival game mode where Robots where trying to kill you. But not. Instead we got a laggy clusterfuck of robots and people complaining because we don't have enough heavies to pass from the first wave. I still hope that Valve will add a variation to MvM that isn't just defense. I want to kill robots without having to worry about a point that gets captured in 3 seconds. Apologize if I disagree with Facepunch thoughts about how good MvM is, but at the least, even after a whole MvM update, I'm still disappointed.[/QUOTE] I really want an Offensive/Killing Floor-esque MvM mode where you play as BLU team. That trailer tease still pisses me off even today
[QUOTE=LightFlock;42450342]Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?[/QUOTE] They'd rather have a suicide on their record than soemone killing them. You have to keep in mind that this game is their life, and they probably haven't seen the sun in a few months
[QUOTE=LightFlock;42450342]Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?[/QUOTE] this infuriates me. ive had guys kill my teammates, and when im about to go in for the vengeance kill they suicide. [editline]7th October 2013[/editline] [QUOTE=HouraiDoll;42450367]The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know[/QUOTE] sydney really needs this. this way its not completely useless compared to machina or heatmaker.
[QUOTE=LightFlock;42450342]Those "so mlg" guys who kill themself as soon as they're in rough territory. Especially when someone goes to taunt kill them while they're taunting. What is that 'fun' thing again?[/QUOTE] There is plenty of people that can't accept losing. This is really common on most of the actual FPS Games. You just, don't want to lose. You can't accept that a someone or some people is better than you or did a better work. I captured the intel two times, killed around 30 enemies without dying, and then a Pyro comes from nowhere and tries to kill me with a single hit. When a player leaves the server/suicides before getting killed, it's like a way to keep their dignity, even if they are watched as bad losers. Also, always remember that [B]Bad Winners [/B]are generally [B]Bad Losers[/B]​
I'm just gonna say it I really hate the competitive hating circlejerk that happens on here. Seriously, it's guys just playing a video game. YEah there's a few assholes in the bunch, but there's assholes everywhere. THey're just a dumb vocal minority. Please just stop saying "omg stupid mlg no-life tryhards". I don't understand where the notion that "competitive players = assholes" came from, because most competitive players I met are pretty cool guys. Hell, it somes that some people even go to assume "Asshole in pub = competitive mlg idiot". It's like judging the entire My Little Pony fandom because of all the shitheads. Yes, there are shithead bronies who really just need to leave, but there are bronies who just enjoy watching a show and have a pony avatar or something. IF you've had a bad experience playing TF2lobby or something, well, that really isn't the competitive community as a whole. If you want to see the real competitive community, join up with a team that seems cool, play a bit, and see how it is. Yes, there are assholes who spam keybinds (although I personally don't mind them as long as they're in good taste) but then there are the guys who give you a good match and aren't assholes about victory. Also, if you haven't already, go read the "Misconceptions about 6v6" thread, it'll tell you a lot.
[QUOTE=TheJoey;42450378]sydney really needs this. this way its not completely useless compared to machina or heatmaker.[/QUOTE] I'm quite sure that Sleeper already does this, might need to test that out some time though.
[QUOTE=Wolf532;42450541]I'm just gonna say it I really hate the competitive hating circlejerk that happens on here. Seriously, it's guys just playing a video game. YEah there's a few assholes in the bunch, but there's assholes everywhere. THey're just a dumb vocal minority. Please just stop saying "omg stupid mlg no-life tryhards". I don't understand where the notion that "competitive players = assholes" came from, because most competitive players I met are pretty cool guys. Hell, it somes that some people even go to assume "Asshole in pub = competitive mlg idiot". It's like judging the entire My Little Pony fandom because of all the shitheads. Yes, there are shithead bronies who really just need to leave, but there are bronies who just enjoy watching a show and have a pony avatar or something. IF you've had a bad experience playing TF2lobby or something, well, that really isn't the competitive community as a whole. If you want to see the real competitive community, join up with a team that seems cool, play a bit, and see how it is. Yes, there are assholes who spam keybinds (although I personally don't mind them as long as they're in good taste) but then there are the guys who give you a good match and aren't assholes about victory. Also, if you haven't already, go read the "Misconceptions about 6v6" thread, it'll tell you a lot.[/QUOTE] Important point here - a great big portion of this "minority" you speak of are actually competitive wannabes. i used to hang out and cut my teeth on a server frequented by pretty much most of the Euro competitive scene, teams were formed based on the mutual respect people had for one another skills in that server. The real knobs aren't the competitive ones at all, which is why you always see tof ind so many of those kinds of assholes with "LFT" in their names. I've personally watched a few of these "mlg tryhards" get their asses handed to them by some of the nicest comp guys I know. The real talent only need to show their skill for you to respect them. The talentless are the ones that rely on belittling their opponents to make them submissive, which usually never works. People who are "pub tryhards"/pubstars are stuck in a skill ceiling limbo themselves - they do not wish to commit to a game that might take their skills (which are essentially useless in the real world, let's face it) to the next level, but through practise have improved their skills to out DM the average public server player. They might not last a minute in a Proper competitive server in the beginning(but with time and drastic changes to playstyle, this too, changes), but they have enough DM skill to atleast hold their own on a public server where intel gathering and comms are virtually non-existent. I don't hate the competitive players - I like their skill, know a few of them and learn from them. But the assholes who ruin the game for others do not represent them to me because they lack the maturity to be a player of high skill. As such, they are merely opponents with a big gaping weakness - their ego. Target that and you can win, regardless of your skill level. It's what I do,and I enjoy it because when I was brash myself, some of the players better than me have also cut me down to size as well.
this: [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/8zicyx.png[/IMG] you should know what I'm selling, YOU added me. fucking clowns.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/qtkwUC4.png[/IMG]
European Competitive Spies. Every goddamn forum, frag video, Spy guide, etc... I see these Euro "Gunspy" 1337pr0s bashing NA players and basically making fun of anyone who uses the knife. It's sickening.
[QUOTE=snookypookums;42450809]Important point here - a great big portion of this "minority" you speak of are actually competitive wannabes. i used to hang out and cut my teeth on a server frequented by pretty much most of the Euro competitive scene, teams were formed based on the mutual respect people had for one another skills in that server. The real knobs aren't the competitive ones at all, which is why you always see tof ind so many of those kinds of assholes with "LFT" in their names. [/QUOTE] Sounds like you are using the no true Scotsman fallacy to defend these players. I've been raged and shit talked at by top division players before in pubs. These people are far more skilled than me yet they still go out of their way to shit talk me. Of course there are nice competitive players out there but from an outsider's perspective, your idea of high level players is far too idealistic.
[QUOTE=HouraiDoll;42450367]The fact that the Sydney Sleeper doesn't have a slow/AoE effect. Some people can't headshot with the Heatmaker, you know. Besides, being Piss Sniper is pretty fun I really want an Offensive/Killing Floor-esque MvM mode where you play as BLU team. That trailer tease still pisses me off even today[/QUOTE] Yes: Carry a bomb into THEIR spawn vehicle. I'd love that.
[QUOTE=MrCasual;42451491]Yes: Carry a bomb into THEIR spawn vehicle. I'd love that.[/QUOTE] I feel like that would be too similar to payload against bots. Now that Gray controls mann co, it could be raids on mann co buildings
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.