• TF2 Chat and Speculation V5 - Merry Skinssmas
    5,003 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Fluury;53047966]As far as the US Server goes, this is entirely my bad. US Mods are supposed to run them but no one seems to be bothering with it which makes me feel bad for Kiwi as he entrusted his Server to us and we do jack shit with it - The US Mods I entrusted with doing those Sessions seem to have lost interest and I was naively hoping it would change. I'm currently heavily considering scouting for US Mods that might be interested in starting US Sessions - so if you are interested, hit me up on Discord.[/QUOTE] I fell behind on running gamedays for a multitude of reasons, some personal, but the biggest of them is that no one seemed to be interested. I attempted to run multiple gamedays each week and each time I seemed lucky to get more than 4 people at a time. I'd be happy to run gamedays more frequently, but to do so I need people to...actually show up. [url=https://discord.gg/ZxGKmn5]Join the TF2 Facepunch Discord[/url], keep an eye on #server-announcements and actually join when we're running gamedays. Usually at 7PM EST on Fridays and Saturdays.
Would it be possible to make a mod to make the flame particles more transparent and have everyone one a sv_pure 0 server use it to see if it would hurt performance? (thought of this from the biggest update ever v2 site, neat stuff)
I always thought the tie in to Asteroid would much more be Sniper's mother. Y'know, the whole "she's floating in space with the last reserves of Australium in the world" thing.
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53048635]Would it be possible to make a mod to make the flame particles more transparent and have everyone one a sv_pure 0 server use it to see if it would hurt performance? (thought of this from the biggest update ever v2 site, neat stuff)[/QUOTE] Do you mean a clientside mod like [URL="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/172732119800348673/399811034078117899/00_transparent_new_flames.vpk"]this?[/URL] I doubt it would affect performance significantly, since (in this case) the same amount of particles are being spawned, it's only their alpha values that are being changed. Serverside particle mods aren't possible (ok [I]technically[/I] they are, but it's not convenient). Even if they were, I'm pretty sure flamethrower particle effects are handled by the client anyway. Please correct me if I'm wrong though.
[QUOTE=starblaster64;53048775]Do you mean a clientside mod like [URL="https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/172732119800348673/399811034078117899/00_transparent_new_flames.vpk"]this?[/URL] [/QUOTE] I added that to the custom folder, looks pretty good. regular flames [t]https://i.imgur.com/uRU26Xt.jpg[/t] with the mod [t]https://i.imgur.com/aLxmyiI.jpg[/t]
[QUOTE=Fluury;53046619]I think as far as weapon balancing and design goes the Direct Hit is by far the best example available in the game. Viable Side-grade to the Rocket Launcher that not only offers a unique approach on combat but is also not straight out better [I]or[/I] worse than Stock - there is a reason this gem hasnt been touched since it's release - No extreme gimmicks(the airshot thing might be one but its a good gimmick to say the least) - actual downsides to using it, no punishing for other peoples mistakes - if you die to the Direct Hit, it's your and only your fault. -------------------------------- As far as this entire discussion went I think at the end "storing" weapons seem to be [I]only[/I] accepted if they require the class to go out of their way and do something which they normally don't do (Ubersaw, Eyelander require you to get melee hits/kills which are risky and not the classes main job) or if it comes with a major downside(Banners being useless unless charged). The only weapons which fall under that set are the Frontier Justice, Diamondback, Bazaar Bargain, Air-Strike, Manmelter, Soda-Popper and Phlog - and would you look at that these are really stupid weapons that are often being complained about, except the Manmelter and Bazaar Bargain for some reason. Would like to see those being aimed at for the next balancing patch. And the Ubersaw and the rest of the "Slot-Wonders" (Crossbow/Sandvich etc.) - even though Id rather prefer stock and the rest to be upgraded to their level.[/QUOTE] Ohhh, is that why the DH can kill Heavy so easily? All this time I thought it was just a poorly balanced unintentional Heavy counter, but now I know the truth--it is my own fault for playing Heavy.
i would love if DH had regular speed rockets but dmg is upped to +35%
[QUOTE=Lord Exor;53048967]Ohhh, is that why the DH can kill Heavy so easily? All this time I thought it was just a poorly balanced unintentional Heavy counter, but now I know the truth--it is my own fault for playing Heavy.[/QUOTE] Is there any situation where the Heavy can be killed or countered that you're okay with from a balance perspective? You seem to take issue with everything can effectively combat the Heavy class. I obviously don't think Heavy is doing great from a balance perspective, and I sympathize with the plight of the Heavy class, but come on.
[QUOTE=Lord Exor;53048967]Ohhh, is that why the DH can kill Heavy so easily? All this time I thought it was just a poorly balanced unintentional Heavy counter, but now I know the truth--it is my own fault for playing Heavy.[/QUOTE] oh woe is me my main has a counter
[QUOTE=Mort Stroodle;53049031]oh woe is me my main has [B]the most counters[/B][/QUOTE] ftfy
[QUOTE=Johnny Joe;53049049]ftfy[/QUOTE] Spy is literally countered by just shooting randomly at anything, he definitely has more counters.
[QUOTE=Rajikaru;53049060]Spy is literally countered by just shooting randomly at anything, he definitely has more counters.[/QUOTE] spy isn't a frontline combat class that can't compete with the other combat classes
[QUOTE=Rajikaru;53049060]Spy is literally countered by just shooting randomly at anything, he definitely has more counters.[/QUOTE] spy always has the first initiative though
[QUOTE=Johnny Joe;53049049]ftfy[/QUOTE] that other classes have a fighting chance against heavy does not immediately constitute a counter. not to say that these counters don't exist- sniper is the biggest example. but you and exor seem to complain about literally everything that can effectively combat heavy.
[QUOTE=Johnny Joe;53049065]spy isn't a frontline combat class that can't compete with the other combat classes[/QUOTE] And heavy isn't a defenseless walking target so the "Countered by everything" thing falls apart. [QUOTE=Hell-met;53049066]spy always has the first initiative though[/QUOTE] Not with his loud-ass cloak noise and wonky movements because of how predictable Spies have become. It's gotten to the point where you have to resort to weird shit like walking around as a melee Engie because your team expects you to shoot at them or they'll know you're a Spy they've become so easily analyzed and figured out
[QUOTE=Mort Stroodle;53048382][img]https://i.imgur.com/rgEviKI.png?1[/img] Unless there's somewhere in the solar system with a breathable atmosphere with clouds and sunsets that look exactly like those on earth I think it's fair to say the engi is planetbound at the moment[/QUOTE] holy shit I forgot about that still think both are connected to the comic toh, somehow given the australium is still in space and I just cant see them delaying these maps for so many years if it aint connected to the comic
" Oh wow, this guy just completely destroyed me as <Insert Class> , I should go and write how overpowered the <Instert Class> is and that it needs to be balanced <Insert Class>. "
So this is how you play spy in high league matches. [video=youtube;8oK6P545I1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oK6P545I1M[/video]
ok heavy mains, check this fresh idea out - here is how you make an amazing subclass for heavy we already got the steak sandvich but thats a meme we'll buff so it gets a 30% DMG resistance alongside its melee restriction, here's what we'll do; Heavy gets a new primary which is essentially another melee weapon; cool fingerless gloves(think hot hand) It's a melee weapon in a primary slot which picks people up, you can carry them for 4 seconds and you can throw them on the ground for clean 100 DMG or you can go for the alt-attack which is the spine-breaker that takes 2 seconds to execute but can kill light classes instantly We'll call it the wrestler subclass
I mean, I'd be all for a Grappler fighting game weapon for the Heavy. Doomfist is basically that and he's by far one of the most complex, enjoyable, and unique characters in overwatch, don't see why it couldn't work here. It'd also (hopefully) raise the price of Large Luchadores and Cold War Luchadors, wrestling masks are mega underrated on Heavy
Anybody here have experience making custom HUDs for TF2? I want to know if it's possible to display the contents of a .txt file on the side of the screen similar to how the achievement trackers work
[QUOTE=Fluury;53049338]ok heavy mains, check this fresh idea out - here is how you make an amazing subclass for heavy we already got the steak sandvich but thats a meme we'll buff so it gets a 30% DMG resistance alongside its melee restriction, here's what we'll do; Heavy gets a new primary which is essentially another melee weapon; cool fingerless gloves(think hot hand) It's a melee weapon in a primary slot which picks people up, you can carry them for 4 seconds and you can throw them on the ground for clean 100 DMG or you can go for the alt-attack which is the spine-breaker that takes 2 seconds to execute but can kill light classes instantly We'll call it the wrestler subclass[/QUOTE] You know this sounds okay on paper. I'd love to see heavies just turn around to a spy decloaking to just lifting him up and slamming him on his knee. I can see it already, the heavy crew rushing in with their steaks, chain lifting and snapping a single heavy and his pocket medic's spines until they die. It's a beautiful sight to imagine. From a mechanical side however this would be very weird to implement, technically it'd be like a taunt. Forcing enemies into a 4~ second taunt and if the heavy decides to another 2 second taunt which could potentially kill them. And in addition, the ability to deny entire ubers by rushing up to them, grabbing them, locking them into a knee slam to delay the uber or just throwing them away. It'd be a pretty neat uber denier, don't get me wrong. But I can see some major abuse of such a weapon if; 1. It didn't have a cooldown (it'd be very stupid if it didn't) 2. Mechanic wise this could be insanely hard to implement, unless you do a gmod and just have the 'lifted' enemy just raised above the head, still able to shoot and such but it'd look incredibly silly.
I actually agree completely on the grappling hook on the heavy for sure, there's so many times I wish i could get to that sniper before he headshots me. Giving him a shield is stupid since we already have the medic for that and overwatch has already shown that shields do not make a fun game.
yeah give him the grappling hook from mannpower make this the new meta [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTa37yuuCh0[/media]
[QUOTE=X marks it;53049401]You know this sounds okay on paper. I'd love to see heavies just turn around to a spy decloaking to just lifting him up and slamming him on his knee. I can see it already, the heavy crew rushing in with their steaks, chain lifting and snapping a single heavy and his pocket medic's spines until they die. It's a beautiful sight to imagine. From a mechanical side however this would be very weird to implement, technically it'd be like a taunt. Forcing enemies into a 4~ second taunt and if the heavy decides to another 2 second taunt which could potentially kill them. And in addition, the ability to deny entire ubers by rushing up to them, grabbing them, locking them into a knee slam to delay the uber or just throwing them away. It'd be a pretty neat uber denier, don't get me wrong. But I can see some major abuse of such a weapon if; 1. It didn't have a cooldown (it'd be very stupid if it didn't) 2. Mechanic wise this could be insanely hard to implement, unless you do a gmod and just have the 'lifted' enemy just raised above the head, still able to shoot and such but it'd look incredibly silly.[/QUOTE] so [url=https://youtu.be/faQ5cL7k53A?t=41s]this[/url] would be the future of heavy vs spy encounters
Just dropped a Tipped Lid and I'm really, really close to achieve Gold Dueling medal. Today looks like will be a good day.
Why are Smissmas Cases still dropping? Smissmas ended 2 days ago.
[QUOTE=Fluury;53049533]Why are Smissmas Cases still dropping? Smissmas ended 2 days ago.[/QUOTE] Probably the same reason Tough Break cases were dropping for over a year.
[QUOTE=Contra132;53049008]Is there any situation where the Heavy can be killed or countered that you're okay with from a balance perspective? You seem to take issue with everything can effectively combat the Heavy class. I obviously don't think Heavy is doing great from a balance perspective, and I sympathize with the plight of the Heavy class, but come on.[/QUOTE] Power creep with unlocks to gain advantages in class matchups is a slippery slope; if one class receives an unlock to combat another class, then when will the countered class receive its own set of items to compensate and turn the tables? You can't add items that impinge on interclass dynamics without having a counterbalance. Soldier already goes even with Heavy depending on the terrain and circumstances, so why does he need a tool to set the matchup in his favor? He doesn't. Heavy himself has only three weapons that can be theoretically lumped into this category, and none of them are particularly effective as counters. The Fists of Steel can protect against Snipers, but it does not counter them; the Natascha can help against Scouts, but Scout has plenty of unlocks to turn the tables; the Huo-Long Heater can reveal Spies, but not protect against them, nor does it help to kill them any more than other miniguns. Heavy has plenty of in-built weaknesses and disadvantageous class matchups, so he doesn't need additional counters in the form of unlocks. Hyperbolic straw man arguments against me don't do anyone in this thread any favors.
Perhaps you'd like to hear the tale of Crate #103.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.