• TF2 Chat and Speculation V5 - Merry Skinssmas
    5,003 replies, posted
[QUOTE=Ultravod;53049693]Perhaps you'd like to hear the tale of Crate #103.[/QUOTE] It's not a story Valve would tell you.
WE FUCKING DID IT, LADS. [T]https://i.imgur.com/2eOYaiw.jpg[/T] GOLD. Its shiny, golden, and makes me feel like I didn't wasted time! Such a good day! I have some tips: Avoid _ctf and dustbowl.
[QUOTE=FalconHBFS;53049784]WE FUCKING DID IT, LADS. [T]https://i.imgur.com/2eOYaiw.jpg[/T] GOLD. Its shiny, golden, and makes me feel like I didn't wasted time! Such a good day! I have some tips: Avoid _ctf and dustbowl.[/QUOTE] That ain't platinum, you still have work to do!
[QUOTE=Big Snake Bos;53049254]So this is how you play spy in high league matches. [video=youtube;8oK6P545I1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oK6P545I1M[/video][/QUOTE] I'm a Spy main and I found this disgusting. ...so, did any here try this?
This isn't new, Interp Spies have been a thing for several years now, and many players have learned to "master" it.
[QUOTE=Brokkhouse;53049805]I'm a Spy main and I found this disgusting. ...so, did any here try this?[/QUOTE] tried playing spy while downloading fallout 4 it was indeed disgusting and fun
Does anyone have the cactus canyon map file from back when it had another stage? I don't think I ever played that cut stage.
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53049909]Does anyone have the cactus canyon map file from back when it had another stage? I don't think I ever played that cut stage.[/QUOTE] It's in the workshop: [url]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485960308[/url]
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53049909]Does anyone have the cactus canyon map file from back when it had another stage? I don't think I ever played that cut stage.[/QUOTE] I played it a few times. I think it was cut because the last point that stage was a sharp uphill battle.
[QUOTE=Jboby1;53049964]I played it a few times. I think it was cut because the last point that stage was a sharp uphill battle.[/QUOTE] Didn't they flip the entire map around at some point, making the first point a downhill battle for attackers instead?
Mappers who've gotten multiple maps in game, what's you most and least favorite maps you got in?
Well it's taken me a while to pull it off, but I finally did something that I had in the back of my mind to do for years. I now own 35 Balloonicorns, one of each paint color, including the Halloween paint spells. They are each nametagged after breakfast cereal mascots. For example, Mann Co. Orange is Tony the Tiger, Indubitably Green is Lucky the Leprechaun, and the Halloween spelled ones are named Count Chocula, Boo Berry and so forth after Halloween cereals. [t]https://i.imgur.com/IXsR7zE.jpg[/t] I dedicated an entire page of my backpack to my full Balloonicorn collection, which includes the painted ones, a genuine, a strange, and an uncraftable.
What are the two stray balloonicorns between the genuine/strange and team-painted ones? Are they just extra ones? Also, it looks like you're missing the Magic Trick Pyro taunt that uses a mini balloonicorn, as well as a Reindoonicorn
[QUOTE=Rajikaru;53050466]What are the two stray balloonicorns between the genuine/strange and team-painted ones? Are they just extra ones? Also, it looks like you're missing the Magic Trick Pyro taunt that uses a mini balloonicorn, as well as a Reindoonicorn[/QUOTE] The two strays are craft #24 and #31. I have the Party Trick and Reindoonicorn, I'll go put them on that backpack page right now. Thanks for the reminder. I actually have a few more genuines and about 50 more regular, non-painted balloonicorns chilling on another backpack page but I didn't want it to look too cluttered.
[QUOTE=Zadrave;53049789]That ain't platinum, you still have work to do![/QUOTE] I don't think I'll be able to finish them before the end of the year. Last year of university and, to be honest, playing 2 hours daily to farm for victories is tiresome after a while. But you gonna see me wear that Platinum Badge! I'm going to make you proud!
[QUOTE=Sliferjam Jones;53050458] -lots of balloonicorns-[/QUOTE] I presume you have the Great Deflate achievement?
[QUOTE=Ultravod;53050602]I presume you have the Great Deflate achievement?[/QUOTE] Apparently I'm stuck on 11/79. I don't think that number has gone up in a few years. I thought it was bugged.
hey we're playing video games on NA soon, stop shitposting about TF2 and play it instead steam://connect/45.77.144.141:27015 [editline]13th January 2018[/editline] we're playing asteroid for max memes
When do you guys expect a source 2 port for tf2? I'm thinking it'll come in 2-3 years.
[QUOTE=Fraklin;53051012]When do you guys expect a source 2 port for tf2? I'm thinking it'll come in 2-3 years.[/QUOTE] Probably will be like CSGO, where we don't get a full port, just certain features like better multicore utilization, panorama ui, or better tools like Hammer.
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53051017]Probably will be like CSGO, where we don't get a full port, just certain features like better multicore utilization, panorama ui, or better tools like Hammer.[/QUOTE] I guarantee you that's all we're getting, if anything. Can you even imagine the work it would take to port the entirety of the game as it is to the new engine?
[QUOTE=Fraklin;53051012]When do you guys expect a source 2 port for tf2? I'm thinking it'll come in 2-3 years.[/QUOTE] I'm not expecting a Source 2 port for TF2 period, to be honest, and I don't blame them as the game is both old and filled to the brim with years upon years worth of additional post-game content.
Would be nice if the Dragon's Fury fireball left a scorch mark when hitting the world like explosions.
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53051017]Probably will be like CSGO, where we don't get a full port, just certain features like better multicore utilization, panorama ui, or better tools like Hammer.[/QUOTE] That stuff would be awesome. Tf2 could use one big optimization update. Right now a modern PC struggles to go over 144 fps.
[vid]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DangerousFilthyHomalocephale-mobile.mp4[/vid]
[QUOTE=TheBorealis;53051017]Probably will be like CSGO, where we don't get a full port, just certain features like better multicore utilization, panorama ui, or better tools like Hammer.[/QUOTE] Did Valve ever confirm that CSGO wasn't getting a full Source 2 port? The only thing I remember seeing directly from them was the Valve News Network interview with one of the CSGO guys who said Source 2 is the future of CSGO (and he also said Source 2 is probably coming to every other game that isn't already Source 2, which of course implies TF2). However of course the way he worded it was somewhat vague.
[QUOTE=Torterra;53051213][vid]https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DangerousFilthyHomalocephale-mobile.mp4[/vid][/QUOTE] hitting pipes is so satisfying. nothing else really matches it.
[QUOTE=ComodoreBluth;53051241]Did Valve ever confirm that CSGO wasn't getting a full Source 2 port? The only thing I remember seeing directly from them was the Valve News Network interview with one of the CSGO guys who said Source 2 is the future of CSGO (and he also said Source 2 is probably every other game that isn't already Source 2, which of course implies TF2). However of course the way he worded it was somewhat vague.[/QUOTE] Pretty sure they said that csgo wasn't getting a full post on either the globaloffensive subreddit or the Gabe Newell ama on reddit last year, skimmed the ama but couldn't find it.
would underwater combat be more interesting if all primaries jammed, but only pistols/shotguns/smg worked? :thinking:
[QUOTE=ComodoreBluth;53051241]Did Valve ever confirm that CSGO wasn't getting a full Source 2 port? The only thing I remember seeing directly from them was the Valve News Network interview with one of the CSGO guys who said Source 2 is the future of CSGO (and he also said Source 2 is probably every other game that isn't already Source 2, which of course implies TF2). However of course the way he worded it was somewhat vague.[/QUOTE] They confirmed a full S2 port march last year during a Perfect World keynote, this was also where they announced Hydra & 128 tick.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.