• Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Chat thread: new thread on LAN? i arent think that
    3,944 replies, posted
Fair warning, I am going to be closing this thread when I wake up tomorrow. Feel free to create threads on the topics you're discussing in here. We're trying to encourage people to spread out more, be liberal with the thread creation button. Don't group everything into one thread!
Do we start creating new threads now, or once you lock this one?
Feel free to create threads now
So can I create a chat thread? That's all we use this thread for. Look through the last few pages of this thread, there's nothing deserving of its own thread.
No chat threads. That defeats the purpose of creating separate threads.
I personally think that is the correct way to go when you consider the amount of active posters we have in this thread. Us being moved back to GGD means we get to keep being a megathread, right? Cause if not it's a catch 22 where nobody is going to be posting about CS anymore.
It was nice knowing you all
but i just got here
i love this game. i keep losing and losing, but i can't stop playing
What's the difference between Prime and Trust factor? I'm getting cheaters either choice I make.
Prime is an on/off bar where people need to have a unique mobile attached to their steam account and is enforced strictly, i.e. everyone in your game will have prime if you queue for it. Trust factors is a more complicated system which takes into account details of your steam account etc, matchmaking uses the lowest trust factor in your party and tries to match you with similar people, however it's more loosely enforced, i.e. you can have great trust factor and be matched with shit trust factor if there's no similar one around your rank. Either way if you're having massive problems with cheaters you're probably just seeing legit people who are just playing well/getting a bit lucky.
dunno what rank @PlusEqualMinusK is but playing nonprime is pretty much guaranteed to have at least one cheater in the match, you just don't notice how they quietly get banned after it already happened.
I'm LEM. Last match I played was prime and the other team got really fucking mad at us for winning rounds, so they went full hacks. These are my favorite two clips from the match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5G9uaA7qLc&feature=youtu.be
Out of interest does that show ANY ban or just csgo ones? That seems like a surprising number of cheaters - not that there aren't any but the quantity seems odd. That said I do tend to use prime because it's more reliable in removing cheaters.
Pretty sure you can't distinguish between any game ban and a csgo ban.
That's nonprime for you, mainly nonprime below gold nova as the people are way funnier there and just accept their shitty rank and instead have fun. It's even funnier when someone tries to cheat but have no idea how to hide it so they get scarred from people popping out of nowhere on their esp
Is there anywhere similar to https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/March_30,_2018_Patch where Files Changed in a CSGO patch are tracked?
https://github.com/SteamDatabase/GameTracking-CSGO/commits/master Each commit is a patch. Obviously not as clean but is the same source the TF2 one is using
hell yeah. this is why i play https://i.imgur.com/CVVzdIC.png
deranked from lem to le because a supreme rage botting was queued with all silvers :V i want to die
This is pretty much the reason why I stopped playing cs on my main regularly. And no, I am not going to pay for a third party service just so I can enjoy playing cs again because why did I pay for the game in the first place? When I buy a game I expect a clean experience and not where it's so bad you're forced to do it outside the game official gamemodes. That this is even acceptable to some gives me headaches.
Three hours in still no luck https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/923676868079042041/E09AAF304D405A3479D2977D6595A8681509E22C/
Literally you have to have shit trust factor for some reason. At GE all I get is just generic pugger brainlets. Not had any cheaters who go outside the realm of being humanly beatable for a while either, and really that's no different than getting matched against ScreaM or whoever playing subgames on his smurf. Not saying there aren't fishy players, but on 64 tick with 60+ ping anyone can look like a complete god when they frag you.
Touched the game a bit again, and it seems to me that trust factor mm is harder than prime mm judging by 3 losses on there and 2 easy wins on prime. i'm a gold nova scrub if that means anything.
Well I have been playing premades with random people for all this time, could that fuck up my trust factor?
Trust factor is always active, the Prime option just also forces everyone in the game to have prime too. Trust factor take the lowest trust factor of the lobby, so playing with people who have low trust factor just catapults you into the ~~spin zone~~. Those games with the spinners will be reversed pretty soon, VACNet usually gets them into OW after a single map.
well if you're still spinning you're doing it wrong, so once again vac only gets rid of the most basic cheaters of them all and then not even using vac itself.
You're playing against legit players who are better than you and giving up*. That's your problem. Whenever I play games with the sorts of people who spend forever screaming about cheaters it ends up being the case that they call cheats the second someone gets more than one kill with a deagle or something. They then give up and lose the game because they assume they can't win because they'd rather call cheats than admit someone else is better/got lucky/had information they didn't realise they gave away. Most hackusations can be explained by that. When I had a team who kept trying against a fucking triggerbot (toggled at 15 rounds for us) we managed to win because I managed to pick him one round using a really odd angle. The deagle clip on the last page honestly just looks like decent crosshair placement and 32 tick demos with a bit of ping making things look more snappy than they were. Sure, it could be cheats but it's entirely humanly possible to do that. I've played with people who make that look like child's play. *yes, people cheat in csgo, but either they're subtle enough to be beatable (and will end up ranked accordingly) or they're blatant enough to get banned.
because vac was designed to not be intrusive and give as little false positives as possible. yes, it could be better, but when Valve tried to make it more intrusive, the community outrage was so massive they had to revert the update
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.