• "Saltybet" Imaginary gambling in Mugen
    4,917 replies, posted
That Pikachu vs Ditto final was actually amazing to watch. I lost everything on Ditto though.
Damn, Aleti truly is the Ronald/Donald slayer.
Darkstalkers Tournament Bracket [url]http://challonge.com/SBSC14[/url]
When's the tournament?
You suggestions here are cool, I'm so lucky to have found this forum. I'll bet on that, really it's great!
This is such a boring tournament. What's the point when they're all stock-standard Dalkstalkers characters? You could just watch a game of regular Darkstalkers.
Castlevania Tournament [url]http://challonge.com/shakerclassic15[/url]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/fZjL3fG.png[/IMG] Probably the first, last, and only time the little guy ever won or will win.
[url]http://challonge.com/shakerclassic16[/url] Grappler Classic
I was about to post "A wrestling tournament this is pretty sick" but then A-green, some creepy alien looking fucker came in :v:
SB has found a stable point of around 60-120 regular betters at any given time, and I don't know about anyone else, but I still enjoy the hell out of this if not just because of how ridiculous the fights are. So here's to an attempt to revive this thread and breathe more life into salty bet.
[QUOTE=BANNED USER;46535514]SB has found a stable point of around 60-120 regular betters at any given time, and I don't know about anyone else, but I still enjoy the hell out of this if not just because of how ridiculous the fights are. So here's to an attempt to revive this thread and breathe more life into salty bet.[/QUOTE] How is the community these days? Seems like after a while the old members left and all that was left in chat was people throwing around memes that didn't even have anything to do with what was actually going on.
[QUOTE=BANNED USER;46535514]SB has found a stable point of around 60-120 regular betters at any given time, and I don't know about anyone else, but I still enjoy the hell out of this if not just because of how ridiculous the fights are. So here's to an attempt to revive this thread and breathe more life into salty bet.[/QUOTE] I agree, we need to raise dongers one more time. Betting rules are the same?
[QUOTE=YourFriendJoe;46535528]How is the community these days? Seems like after a while the old members left and all that was left in chat was people throwing around memes that didn't even have anything to do with what was actually going on.[/QUOTE] There's more actual chatting and less dudududu. Granted if Darude - Sandstorm does play everyone goes ape shit. [editline]20th November 2014[/editline] [QUOTE=karimatrix;46535536]I agree, we need to raise dongers one more time. Betting rules are the same?[/QUOTE] Fights have gotten a hell of a lot more real over time, because characters have been able to go up and down tiers respectively to get into their more designated AI/power levels. Aside from salty dollars and tournament designated money, not much has changed. I made a 5k bet last night and won 180k from it, so the dreams are real. I was brushing my teeth getting ready for bed and it was my lest bet of the night. Who would've thought? Out of the mines for good, hopefully.
[IMG]http://puu.sh/cYN5w/784423945d.jpg[/IMG] Yes Bezerker versus a game of Tetris this is the SaltyBet I remember
The whole tiers thing ruined it for me honestly I get it its supposed to make fights more balanced but upsets are through outside the window. Getting cash is also easier now I think.
Reimu vs. Frozen almost ended up an upset. woo
[QUOTE=Fish_poke;46535843]Reimu vs. Frozen almost ended up an upset. woo[/QUOTE] I was pretty upset when I lost all my money
[QUOTE=YourFriendJoe;46535861]I was pretty upset when I lost all my money[/QUOTE] Aren't we all.
Salty was great back in the day, so many people in the chat, mostly it's people arguing about characters nowadays
wow shit, this is the only thread I haven't lurked, brings back some fun memories
Half of the fun when Salty Bet first came out was using the chat and actually discussing the odds and the fight. Just went in there for around ten minutes, all I saw was people spamming memes, people going OMFGGGGGG every time the fighter they voted for landed a hit, and some weeb "girl" who had amassed a fanbase of dudes who would call everyone out for being a hater if they told her to shut the hell up. I don't fucking care what some fat dude over the internet had for dinner or that he thinks we formed some "hater club" against him I want to talk about the fucking match. Only people that do that are illuminati but they keep all the information to themselves so they can get the most out of their bets.
sadly the chat is shit now, but the game is amazing, apart from the matchups where neither character can land a single fucking hit Aladdin just twerked and got a K.O, incredible shit
The Goku ascended V Goku Ascended fights always end up being my favorites, if not just because of how hilariously fast they are like in the cartoon.
Is there any cheat sheet for this these days?
[QUOTE=Str4fe;46629699]Is there any cheat sheet for this these days?[/QUOTE] The only cheat sheet is seeing who is trying to trick people in chat, otherwise you have to be gold (not on facepunch) to get access to character stats like win/loss ratios and such. Just got 120k on a 50% bet and have broken into the top 800 riches salty betters. 340k and counting.
oh yes this game. I've been watching it every other day for an about an hour I think it's safe to say that this is like watching anime (95% of the characters are "lolis" or just "waifus") so if anyone accuses me of being an ass towards people who watch anime, i watch anime too.
all you can do is all in every single bet until your minimum bet amount is larger, or until you make a dream bet. At which point you can focus on who faces who and stack each other up against each other. Just watched Wakko V Armor Lord because I know both are really damn good fighters. Armor Lord has more damaging attacks but is slower, and can take more hits. He had slightly better chances because of this, and as a result, won in the 5th round. [editline]6th December 2014[/editline] Rofl be breaking my merge
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.