• US Election Results 2016 v2 - P̲U̲T̲ ̲H̲I̲L̲L̲A̲R̲Y̲ ̲I̲N̲ ̲J̲A̲I̲L̲ ̲A̲L̲R̲E̲A̲D̲Y̲!!! M̲A̲G̲A&#818
    2,502 replies, posted
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51344341] I think you're right on a few things, but if Trump does want to come out with some amazing alternative to Obamacare and [I]it actually turns out to be good[/I] I hope enough Republicans can make it happen.[/QUOTE] [B]If it is genuinely better[/B], there will be no problems. The main problem with the "repeal the ACA" people has been that they haven't suggested any alternatives, suggesting we go back to the system that leaves people with pre-existing conditions in the cold.
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51344186]They [I]are[/I] nebulous though, precisely don't implicitly know what you're talking about. Are you talking about marriage rights? Employment? DADT in the military? All of it? Other stuff? Some of the stuff? None of the above? I don't know, and so far the only things really commented on by Trump specifically are returning marriage decisions back to the states; everyone seems to be more concerned about Mike Pence. Yeah I'm [I]well aware[/I] of his stance on homosexuality and his support for the so-called conversion camps which have been deemed illegal for good reason in several states. I get it. He's offensive. Thing is Pence isn't at all in any position to force any of those views other than nagging Trump, who could quite literally tell him to fuck off and shoo him out of the room. Addressing the supreme court is another issue, yeah Trump will pick the new justices but I'm inclined to believe they'll actually [I]do their jobs[/I] instead of yukking it up with Donny boy. That argument didn't really convince me when Trump supporters tossed it out there, whoever Clinton would have appointed would still be a supreme court justice.[/QUOTE] hey. here's a list of the way lgbt rights will be directly affected according to how trump has described his policy: 1) the most obvious one: donald trump has the opportunity to appoint at least one (and possibly three) supreme court justices. [URL="http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2016/01/31/ted-cruz-attacks-donald-trump-financial-record-trump-responds/"]he has promised these justices will attempt to repeal nationwide marriage equality[/URL]. 2) trans employment protections are currently in the balance. the obama administration is currently pursuing legal cases to ensure access to these facilities (the legal strategy is to defend trans people under the language of sex discrimination laws). [URL="http://www.foxnews.com/transcript/2016/04/21/donald-trump-accuses-his-rivals-buying-delegates/"]trump wants to leave it to the states[/URL], [URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-north-carolina-bathroom-bill_us_571a50c5e4b0d912d5fe6dc1"](2)[/URL] and would likely end these cases. (this is also in line with trump's general stance toward the other gains of the obama presidency: [URL="http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/11/09/president-obama-election-clinton-trump/93201172/"]"Trump has pledged to repeal every one of [Obama's executive orders.]"[/URL]) if private groups pick up the mantle, cf point one. precedents set by the trump supreme court will not be beneficial for trans people. (also worth mentioning: discrimination against people based on sexual orientation/gender identity is already legal in many states. a trump presidency would both embolden lawmakers to continue these policies, as well as make it difficult for groups like the ACLU to combat these laws) 3) mike pence's presence in the vice presidential seat is scary enough even symbolically - that the man who fought to move money for HIV research to conversion therapy (resulting in a public health crisis) and provided the framework for bills like the HB2 is a leading figure of this new government is terrifying. trump is not as pro-lgbt as you think; he doesn't need pence to "pester" him into enacting lgbt legislation. (this, not noting that trump promised pence he would be the most powerful vp in history) ([URL="http://www.hrc.org/2016RepublicanFacts/donald-trump-opposes-nationwide-marriage-equality"]See also this article put together by the HRC[/URL]) and something to note too, based on how trump may be arranging his cabinet: transgendered people who don't change the gender on their passport within the next two months may be unable to leave the country. this is because the policy for changing the gender on a passport is decided by the secretary of state (currently looking to be Gingrich) the argument against most of these is the one you're running with, that trump probably won't manage anything in the end to harm lgbt people (even leaning at times to the more ridiculous idea that trump is lgbt neutral or even pro-lgbt). the claim is ridiculous. there is going be a triple-stacked GOP government this time next year, and it is not exaggeration to say that the lgbt victories of recent memory are now very much ephemeral. of the three victories you've listed (DADT, marriage rights, employment rights) I would say DADT is secure, and one of them (employment rights) already doesn't really exist. [editline]0:00[/editline] if you're wondering what employment rights looks like atm, [url=http://www.lgbtmap.org/equality-maps/non_discrimination_laws]this map[/url] will be helpful.
[QUOTE=Oizen;51344422]The best part is I'm willing to bet the backlash from trump supporters if Hillary won wouldn't be this embarrassing to watch.[/QUOTE] Considering Trump himself was calling the election rigged when people predicted Hillary would win I seriously doubt it.
[QUOTE=Anderan;51344531]Considering Trump himself was calling the election rigged when people predicted Hillary would win I seriously doubt it.[/QUOTE] And considering the number of Trump supporters I've seen who supported the idea of revolt or civil war if he lost...
[QUOTE=magicman1234;51344141]he's not even in office yet.., arent you guys being a little bit [I]sensational[/I][/QUOTE] [url]https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1540956&p=51340621&viewfull=1#post51340621[/url]
[QUOTE=Raidyr;51344403]I don't mean to be a dick but if you don't like being called crazy and insane maybe don't suggest the possibility that Trump is going to come out with an amazing alternative to healthcare when his plans for healthcare are pretty clear.[/QUOTE]You know what? I have no goddamn idea why I even read your posts because it's this shit every time. Suggesting the possibility of something and implying it's incredibly unlikely (and I believe saying flat-out it's almost definitely not going to happen in other posts) isn't crazy, because I believe this election has made it [I]painfully fucking clear[/I] that strange things happen. If you don't mean to be a dick [I]then don't be a dick.[/I] Your posts are more often than not complete trash and I'm done with them. [QUOTE=Zero-Point;51344495][B]If it is genuinely better[/B], there will be no problems. The main problem with the "repeal the ACA" people has been that they haven't suggested any alternatives, suggesting we go back to the system that leaves people with pre-existing conditions in the cold.[/QUOTE]I doubt there will be any real alternative, there have been suggestions but they've either been complete shit or just unpopular, so anything that comes along has to be both good and favored. Will the Republicans do that? [I]Highly[/I] unlikely, but maybe the shift in demographics we're starting to see in the GOP will result in something we can at least stomach. What I don't like about the ACA is it's the result of "compromise" and political hacks trying to drive it through, yeah it's helped people but it's also [I]hurt[/I] people. Paul Ryan's on TV talking about this right now, being able to pass something and put it on the president's desk, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what comes up. Let's hope I'm right in that Trump's a RINO and would want something that benefits all of us, it's really all we can do right now. [QUOTE=AngryToad;51344497]hey. here's a list of the way lgbt rights will be directly affected according to how trump has described his policy:[/QUOTE]Somewhat fair points on one and two, and this clarification makes your concerns [I]not[/I] nebulous, but point three? Really? More shit about Pence? "Trump is not as pro-LGBT as you think?" I don't think anything, that's the point. I know nothing's happening right now and I know about a third of Republicans actually care about this, so I'm not at all terrified about this as I am about other things. I commented about abortion and Planned Parenthood being defunded because that's an agenda being pushed [I]right now[/I] before Trump even taking office. That's a real, identifiable threat. What you're discussing is hearsay and campaign promises, I do [I]not[/I] trust Trump either way.
[QUOTE=Oizen;51344422]The best part is I'm willing to bet the backlash from trump supporters if Hillary won wouldn't be this embarrassing to watch.[/QUOTE] yeah fuck people who want to marry who they want yeah fuck people who need medicine to live and now won't be able to get it yeah fuck people who are lgbt and want to be treated like human fucking beings you are a disgusting excuse for a fucking person, congrats on being validated for once in your life along with the rest of the trumpet assholes [highlight](User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Jaanus))[/highlight]
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51344924]I know nothing's happening right now[/QUOTE] the HB2. the impending change to passport policy. both of these are fairly immediate. to change your passport you need to pay both a fee and have a note from a doctor. I would also consider *lack* of employment protection an immediate issue. in the state where I live, if I were fired for my sexual orientation I would have no legal recourse at all. pardon my hysteria if this doesn't seem immediate to you. (and if you aren't looking to organize now to help challenge the removal of protections for trans people, when are you looking to organize? once it's happened and actually affecting people?) [quote]but point three? Really? More shit about Pence?[/quote] yes. the simple fact of pence's status of vp-elect is enough to embolden bigots and reinforces the idea of conversion therapy, regardless of it's actual (non-)worth. symbolic defeats may be less important than pragmatic defeats, but to discount them outright is dangerous. [URL="https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/28/hate-crime-horrible-spike-brexit-vote-metropolitan-police"]hate crimes spiked 16% after brexit[/URL]. trans lifelines are dealing with record numbers of callers. lgbt folks are scared because we know what's coming. [quote]What you're discussing is hearsay[/quote] I mean, mostly interviews, but I guess you could call that hearsay. [quote]and campaign promises, I do not trust Trump either way.[/quote] so what I'd like to get down to is this: why exactly do you assume trump won't act (as he's said he will act, as the party expects him to act, as his vp will encourage, as his cabinet will encourage) in this way? i would understand if you looked backwards to his time before the campaign and dug up his earlier stances, but he's been remarkably consistent during the campaign season. and i guess as a last mode of argument i could gesture to the lgbt community, which is right now preparing for the same struggles that feminist activists are looking at w/r/t planned parenthood (these two groups form a venn diagram with a lot of overlap as well).
[QUOTE=FlandersNed;51344472]Given how volatile The_Donald is, I disagree.[/QUOTE] The donald is a bunch of passive memers who most likely don't have the balls to do shit like this. The internet empowers those sort of people to become absolute cancer, but in real life they tend to be wimps this is not new.
[QUOTE=Oizen;51345184]The donald is a bunch of passive memers who most likely don't have the balls to do shit like this. The internet empowers those sort of people to become absolute cancer, but in real life they tend to be wimps this is not new.[/QUOTE] I would think that they in combination with all other right wing online websites went a long way in making Trump's presidency a reality, you shouldn't kid yourself. Besides, if Trump lost, that sub would implode on itself and you'd heard the aftershocks all around the internet, regardless of what they'd do in real life. HOWEVER Trump supporters, at least through the internet, were extremely vitriolic and also need to clam/calm down. I would think that what Trump said about Hillary in his victory speech (irrespective of whether he believes it or not) would not be found anywhere on popular Trump websites.
[QUOTE=AngryToad;51345105]so what I'd like to get down to is this: why exactly do you assume trump won't act (as he's said he will act, as the party expects him to act, as his vp will encourage, as his cabinet will encourage) in this way? i would understand if you looked backwards to his time before the campaign and dug up his earlier stances, but he's been remarkably consistent during the campaign season. and i guess as a last mode of argument i could gesture to the lgbt community, which is right now preparing for the same struggles that feminist activists are looking at w/r/t planned parenthood (these two groups form a venn diagram with a lot of overlap as well).[/QUOTE]I'll address this specifically. I don't assume anything, I don't think he won't and I don't think he will, plus I'm not so much even concerned about Trump as I am about the other Republicans in our government who [I]can[/I] make change. Discussing "finally being able to defund planned parenthood" directly affects anyone with a vagina, partially affects anyone who associates with anyone with a vagina. HB2 affects, what, ten percent of the population? Actually no, I can't even imagine it's anywhere close to that. Above priorities were discussed, why should I be losing my head in hysterical sobbing over that? Really? You keep trying to pin me like I'm giving Trump a free pass post after post and I'm getting annoyed with your histrionic bullshit. If your state allows an employer to fire you for your orientation I feel that's morally wrong but what do you want me to do? Do you want me to start blowing up post offices where you live or something, because I have [I]no idea[/I] what the hell you expect me to do here. Aside from a kooky libertarian, "the government can't or shouldn't legislate sexuality!" view I don't have any feelings, I think you're shooting yourself in the foot by presenting this like I have some obligation to post how I'm literally shaking right now on tumblr. I'm not, I'll respond to things as they happen just like I've done for decades. [editline]9th November 2016[/editline] [QUOTE]yes. the simple fact of pence's status of vp-elect is enough to embolden bigots and reinforces the idea of conversion therapy, regardless of it's actual (non-)worth. symbolic defeats may be less important than pragmatic defeats, but to discount them outright is dangerous. [URL="https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/sep/28/hate-crime-horrible-spike-brexit-vote-metropolitan-police"]hate crimes spiked 16% after brexit[/URL]. trans lifelines are dealing with record numbers of callers.[/QUOTE]"Britain is full of snaggle-toothed assholes and they did bad stuff after Brexit, so there will LITERALLY be right-wing death squads here because reasons and also Pence!" What the fuck am I supposed to do with this, exactly? [QUOTE]lgbt folks are scared because we know what's coming.[/QUOTE]Then get a gun and join the [I]many[/I] LGBT firearm owners who refuse to be victims.
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345346] "Britain is full of snaggle-toothed assholes and they did bad stuff after Brexit, so there will LITERALLY be right-wing death squads here because reasons and also Pence!" What the fuck am I supposed to do with this, exactly? Then get a gun and join the [I]many[/I] LGBT firearm owners who refuse to be victims.[/QUOTE] Imagine telling people that the only way they're going to feel safe is if they're ready to shoot another human being.
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345346] Then get a gun and join the [I]many[/I] LGBT firearm owners who refuse to be victims.[/QUOTE] how is that going to stop the government from taking your rights away slowly? what are you going to do with that gun when you can no longer marry/have a good job/live in a good area?
[QUOTE=froztshock;51345369]Imagine telling people that the only way they're going to feel safe is if they're ready to shoot another human being.[/QUOTE] ^ [QUOTE=Da Big Man;51341590]Imagine loving inanimate objects more than human beings[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=TheFilmSlacker;51345365]And then what? Wait to go down in a blaze of glory?[/QUOTE][QUOTE=froztshock;51345369]Imagine telling people that the only way they're going to feel safe is if they're ready to shoot another human being.[/QUOTE][QUOTE=Da Big Man;51345395]^[/QUOTE][I]"Stop it you're making me feel stupid!"[/I] the posts. Did I tell you to shoot anyone? No. I said just get a gun and refuse to be a victim. I think that's perfectly clear, if somebody [I]does[/I] try to harm you then [U][B][I]defend[/I][/U] yourself.[/B] Are you honestly that fucking insane that you'd rather forfeit your life for an unlimited pass to whine about how your life sucks? I don't know why else would you respond to, "you should defend yourself," with, "IMAGINE TELLING SOMEBODY THEY NEED TO FIGHT THEIR MURDERER TO LIVE!!!!! SICK!!!!!" Enjoy being a perpetual victim, but please, keep your dysfunction to yourself because some of us don't want to die for an opportunity to angrily blog about being assaulted. [QUOTE=Naught;51345372]how is that going to stop the government from taking your rights away slowly? what are you going to do with that gun when you can no longer marry/have a good job/live in a good area?[/QUOTE]It's not? I never said it would, if you want that then you're [I]probably[/I] (making a prediction here, watch out!) going to have to move to a different state during the next four years. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but reality is not your friend so before it kicks you in the teeth you [I]might[/I] want to do something about it. What, I don't know, but personally I'd be saving up in case I needed to fuck off to some place where I'd feel safe and my vote mattered more.
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345427][I]"Stop it you're making me feel silly!"[/I] the posts. Did I tell you to shoot anyone? No. I said just get a gun and refuse to be a victim. I think that's perfectly clear, if somebody [I]does[/I] try to harm you then [U][B][I]defend[/I][/U] yourself.[/B] Are you honestly that fucking insane that you'd rather forfeit [I]your life[/I] for an unlimited pass to whine about how your life sucks? I don't know why else would you respond to, "you should defend yourself," with, "IMAGINE TELLING SOMEBODY THEY NEED TO FIGHT THEIR MURDERER TO LIVE!!!!! SICK!!!!!" Enjoy being a perpetual victim, but please, keep your dysfunction to yourself because some of us don't want to die for an opportunity to angrily blog about it. It's not? I never said it would, if you want that then you're [I]probably[/I] (making a prediction here, watch out!) going to have to move to a different state during the next four years. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but reality is not your friend so before it kicks you in the teeth you [I]might[/I] want to do something about it. What, I don't know, but personally I'd be saving up in case I needed to fuck off to some place where I'd feel safe and my vote mattered more.[/QUOTE] You don't need a gun to feel safe. In fact, you [I]shouldn't[/I] need a gun to feel safe.
Cross posting: [QUOTE=BlindSniper17;51345420]I was lurking on NeoGAF to see how they reacted (they were super pro-Hillary), and [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1311390"]I saw all this being posted:[/URL] :frown: [B](Facebook video:)[/B] [I]"This happened today at Royal Oak Middle School in Royal Oak Michigan. It is so sad. Latino children were crying. The taunts, the "Build that Wall" with such bullying power and hate from children to children. Just Horrifying!"[/I] [url]https://www.facebook.com/immigrationtalk.mexicanamerican/posts/1144505642253666[/url] [t]http://i.imgur.com/0SBGRvu.jpg[/t][t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2OLfiWgAI6qEa.jpg[/t][t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw3QxiqXEAEQQxG.jpg[/t][t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2iRoTXcAIlC85.jpg[/t] [t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2bC1vUUAAWxyd.jpg[/t][t]http://i.imgur.com/LigzBWg.png[/t][t]http://i.imgur.com/MEvTOQ2.png[/t] ...I didn't think it would get [I]this bad, this fast[/I], but [I][B]holy shit.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345427][I]"Stop it you're making me feel stupid!"[/I] the posts. Did I tell you to shoot anyone? No. I said just get a gun and refuse to be a victim. I think that's perfectly clear, if somebody [I]does[/I] try to harm you then [U][B][I]defend[/I][/U] yourself.[/B] Are you honestly that fucking insane that you'd rather forfeit your life for an unlimited pass to whine about how your life sucks? I don't know why else would you respond to, "you should defend yourself," with, "IMAGINE TELLING SOMEBODY THEY NEED TO FIGHT THEIR MURDERER TO LIVE!!!!! SICK!!!!!" Enjoy being a perpetual victim, but please, keep your dysfunction to yourself because some of us don't want to die for an opportunity to angrily blog about being assaulted. It's not? I never said it would, if you want that then you're [I]probably[/I] (making a prediction here, watch out!) going to have to move to a different state during the next four years. Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but reality is not your friend so before it kicks you in the teeth you [I]might[/I] want to do something about it. What, I don't know, but personally I'd be saving up in case I needed to fuck off to some place where I'd feel safe and my vote mattered more.[/QUOTE] You do realize that defending yourself with a gun means shooting people, correct? That's... The purpose of a gun. Every firearms safety course I've ever heard of comes with the moniker 'you do not aim a weapon at someone unless you intend to shoot and kill'. A firearm is not an 'intimidation device', if you are telling him that he has to have a gun to feel safe, you are telling him that he has to be prepared to kill to be safe. Don't you advocate for guns? Don't you realize this? I'm not anti-gun, but it's simply a reality of what it means to 'defend' yourself. [editline]9th November 2016[/editline] [QUOTE=BlindSniper17;51345438]Cross posting:[/QUOTE] Pictured: Shit that you'd have to be a 'Histrionic' to be worried about.
[QUOTE=FlandersNed;51345434]You don't need a gun to feel safe.[/QUOTE]"I want you to be as defenseless as me because I'm scared and want to keep pretending that everything is okay!" That's the subtext I'm reading. [QUOTE]In fact, you [I]shouldn't[/I] need a gun to feel safe.[/QUOTE]... Have you been paying attention to the discussion? Open violence against LGBT people because Pence "emboldens" bigots? Yeah, that's a cute sentiment you have, but like many, many things that shouldn't be this one still exists. I'm not going to prescribe to your, "yeah but like you don't [I]need[/I] a gun..." drivel when the post at the top of this page demonstrates why minorities do need to protect themselves. [QUOTE=froztshock;51345462]You do realize that defending yourself with a gun means shooting people, correct? That's... The purpose of a gun.[/QUOTE]Yes, I am well aware of that. [QUOTE]A firearm is not an 'intimidation device', if you are telling him that he has to have a gun to feel safe, you are telling him that he has to be prepared to kill to be safe. Don't you advocate for guns? Don't you realize this? I'm not anti-gun, but it's simply a reality of what it means to 'defend' yourself.[/QUOTE]Oh you were merely being a pedant and splitting hairs, it was all a ruse! No, you explicitly implied that advocating for self-defense of LGBT persons was [I]bad.[/I] As in, I'm a real dick for stating that position, despite the fact that the post I was replying to was describing a world where such a scenario is to be [I]expected.[/I] Either that or you're hilariously awful at conveying your point, which is a possibility, and if that's the case then why did you even comment anyway? To let everyone know that people die when they are killed? Thanks, we got it. [QUOTE]Pictured: Shit that you'd have to be a 'Histrionic' to be worried about.[/QUOTE]Quoted: missing the point entirely. This is just rich, you imply I'm a real asshole for saying protect yourself and then misapply my words to make it seem like I've said there's nothing to worry about! Did you forget that I can remember the last page or something? I actually laughed out loud, bravo.
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345346]"Britain is full of snaggle-toothed assholes and they did bad stuff after Brexit, so there will LITERALLY be right-wing death squads here because reasons and also Pence!" What the fuck am I supposed to do with this, exactly? Then get a gun and join the [I]many[/I] LGBT firearm owners who refuse to be victims.[/QUOTE] You shouldn't have a gun to feel safe. [editline]4[/editline] whoops this has already been said many times, thankfully. [QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345508]"I want you to be as defenseless as me because I'm scared and want to keep pretending that everything is okay!" That's the subtext I'm reading.[/QUOTE] [url]https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman[/url] you should keep this site open and do a quick check for each fallacy before you post
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345508]"I want you to be as defenseless as me because I'm scared and want to keep pretending that everything is okay!" That's the subtext I'm reading. ... Have you been paying attention to the discussion? Open violence against LGBT people because Pence "emboldens" bigots? Yeah, that's a cute sentiment you have, but like many, many things that shouldn't be this one still exists. I'm not going to prescribe to your, "yeah but like you don't [I]need[/I] a gun..." drivel when the post at the top of this page demonstrates why minorities do need to protect themselves. Yes, I am well aware of that. Oh you were merely being a pedant and splitting hairs, it was all a ruse! No, you explicitly implied that advocating for self-defense of LGBT persons was [I]bad.[/I] As in, I'm a real dick for stating that position, despite the fact that the post I was replying to was describing a world where such a scenario is to be [I]expected.[/I] Either that or you're hilariously awful at conveying your point, which is a possibility, and if that's the case then why did you even comment anyway? To let everyone know that people die when they are killed? Thanks, we got it. Quoted: missing the point entirely. This is just rich, you imply I'm a real asshole for saying protect yourself and then misapply my words to make it seem like I've said there's nothing to worry about! Did you forget that I can remember the last page or something? I actually laughed out loud, bravo.[/QUOTE] I mean, you called him histrionic about being worried, and then we have all this shit of people posting hate symbols and telling black people to go back to Africa. I don't exactly think that his response was particularly overwrought or theatrical given the circumstances, so that would imply to me that you're heavily downplaying his concerns, of which we have ample evidence (including statistics from a similar event that happened in Britain!) Then you shrug and say that eh, his country has failed him, might as well fend for himself. Doesn't that come off as just a tad bit callous to you?
[QUOTE=froztshock;51345462]Pictured: Shit that you'd have to be a 'Histrionic' to be worried about.[/QUOTE] [B]EDIT:[/B] frotzshock was making a sarcastic reference that flew over my head to a comment made in earnest by someone else. (Original post below because why not:) --- [QUOTE][B]his·tri·on·ic - "overly theatrical or melodramatic in character or style."[/B][/QUOTE] [t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2iRoTXcAIlC85.jpg[/t] [I]"you'd have to be a 'Histrionic' to be worried about."[/I] [I]"overly theatrical or melodramatic"[/I] Okay
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2OLfiWgAI6qEa.jpg[/img]
[QUOTE=BlindSniper17;51345524][t]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cw2iRoTXcAIlC85.jpg[/t] [I]"you'd have to be a 'Histrionic' to be worried about."[/I] [I]"overly theatrical or melodramatic"[/I] Okay[/QUOTE] I think you've misunderstood, I was quoting JJF on the previous page who characterized another poster as histrionic for being worried about the validation of right wing elements following the election of Trump. Those were sarcasm quotes on my end.
[QUOTE=froztshock;51345533]I think you've misunderstood, I was quoting JJF on the previous page who characterized another poster as histrionic for being worried about the validation of right wing elements following the election of Trump. Those were sarcasm quotes on my end.[/QUOTE] Oh, gotcha.
While we're on the subject of graffiti [img] https://i.imgur.com/iKl54nM.png[/img] this shit isnt acceptable either
[QUOTE=Zonesylvania;51345563]While we're on the subject of graffiti [img] https://i.imgur.com/iKl54nM.png[/img] this shit isnt acceptable either[/QUOTE] Why can't people just contain their political disagreements to obscure video game forums?
[QUOTE=Raidyr;51345576]Why can't people just contain their political disagreements to obscure video game forums?[/QUOTE] because they feel they're losing everything
[QUOTE=ROFLBURGER;51345512]You shouldn't have a gun to feel safe.[/QUOTE][QUOTE]you should keep this site open and do a quick check for each fallacy before you post[/QUOTE]No, that wasn't a strawman. You might want to reexamine the definition presented on the site, because I wasn't misrepresenting his argument at all to make it easier to attack. Actually I misrepresented it to give it far more substance, because "hurr you don't need a gun" is a stupid argument, and then I responded to it [I]anyway[/I] because I'm nice like that Since you said the same thing, I'll quote my response that you clearly didn't read:[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345508]"I want you to be as defenseless as me because I'm scared and want to keep pretending that everything is okay!" That's the subtext I'm reading. ... Have you been paying attention to the discussion? Open violence against LGBT people because Pence "emboldens" bigots? Yeah, that's a cute sentiment you have, but like many, many things that shouldn't be this one still exists. I'm not going to prescribe to your, "yeah but like you don't [I]need[/I] a gun..." drivel when the post at the top of this page demonstrates why minorities do need to protect themselves.[/QUOTE] Or would you rather I have laughed and said, "enjoy Cletus beating your face in, won't happen to me!" instead? I'm sure that would have been easier for you to understand. [QUOTE=froztshock;51345521]I mean, you called him histrionic about being worried, and then we have all this shit of people posting hate symbols and telling black people to go back to Africa.[/QUOTE]I called him histrionic because,[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345346]You keep trying to pin me like I'm giving Trump a free pass post after post and I'm getting annoyed with your histrionic bullshit.[/QUOTE] Seems pretty cut and dry, if either of you need me to carefully walk you through my posts just say so. [QUOTE]I don't exactly think that his response was particularly overwrought or theatrical given the circumstances, so that would imply to me that you're heavily downplaying his concerns, of which we have ample evidence (including statistics from a similar event that happened in Britain!)[/QUOTE]Hence this discussion about LGBT self-defense. [QUOTE]Then you shrug and say that eh, his country has failed him, might as well fend for himself. Doesn't that come off as just a tad bit callous to you?[/QUOTE]If ROFLBURGER was honest he'd post the link he sent to me to you, but he's demonstrated repeatedly that he evidently feels such trivialities are beneath him. Running with it for a bit, so what if it's callous? Clearly the picture of Trump's presidency that AngryToad, yourself, ROFLBURGER, and plenty others have been painting is a repressive hellhole where all joy and progress have been dashed against the rocks of bigotry and meme magic. Again I ask [I]what[/I] do you want me to do about it? Cry? Star your posts? Write a protest song? [I]Something more drastic?[/I] I can't do anything about it at all, short of being slightly less of a saucy motherfucker I can't do anything for you or for anyone else. That's pretty much been my point for two threads, unless you're going to do something wildly over the top then you might as well settle down, collect your thoughts, and patiently wait to see what actually happens [I]when Donald Trump actually takes office![/I] Reminder here, he's not going to be in office for awhile! Losing your shit now is not only pointless it's counter-productive, people are threatening to end their own lives for fuck's sake. I also never said he or anyone else is fucked and should fend for themselves, I actually didn't reply to AngryToad's comments about when or how to organize to tackle any upcoming issues. Do I know the answer to that? Nope. Not at all. I think Govna's posts in another thread about organizing [I]now[/I] for the upcoming shit is a good idea though, so if you want to get involved with lobbying or a grassroots campaign then go right ahead. I'll support you, I think LGBT rights fall under human rights [I]just like 2nd Amendment rights.[/I] Surprise, the libertarian in the thread thinks the government oppressing people is a bad thing. What a shocker. [editline]9th November 2016[/editline] Before it happens, I want everyone to know I don't expect very good responses to my post. Especially from ROFLBURGER, using a website to present an argument for you [I]and then using it incorrectly[/I] is just lazy. (I still laughed, even though I was disappointed)
[QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345610]No, that wasn't a strawman. You might want to reexamine the definition presented on the site, because I wasn't misrepresenting his argument at all to make it easier to attack. Actually I misrepresented it to give it far more substance because[/quote] There really isn't an if and or but when it comes to strawmanning. You simplified his argument to make it easier to attack so don't give me that excuse. [quote]"hurr you don't need a gun" is a stupid argument, and then I responded to it [I]anyway.[/I] Since you said the same thing, I'll quote my response that you clearly didn't read: [quote]"I want you to be as defenseless as me because I'm scared and want to keep pretending that everything is okay!" That's the subtext I'm reading. ... Have you been paying attention to the discussion? Open violence against LGBT people because Pence "emboldens" bigots? Yeah, that's a cute sentiment you have, but like many, many things that shouldn't be this one still exists. I'm not going to prescribe to your, "yeah but like you don't need a gun..." drivel when the post at the top of this page demonstrates why minorities do need to protect themselves."[/quote] Or would you rather I have laughed and said, "enjoy Cletus beating your face in, won't happen to me!" instead? I'm sure that would have been easier for you to understand.[/quote] No, I rather you act like an adult and actually argue with people properly. You shouldn't have to own a gun to feel safe. If kids in my backyard were trying to light my house on fire with gas and matches, the police shouldn't say "just use a fire extinguisher bro" and not do anything. You're prescribing the simplest, obviously biased, solution to a complex problem whilst putting a burden on the victim. [QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345610]If ROFLBURGER was honest he'd post the link he sent to me to you, but he's demonstrated repeatedly that he evidently feels such trivialities are beneath him. Running with it for a bit, so what if it's callous? Clearly the picture of Trump's presidency that AngryToad, yourself, ROFLBURGER, and plenty others have been painting is a repressive hellhole where all joy and progress have been dashed against the rocks of bigotry and meme magic.[/quote] I'm going to stop you right there. I don't think I've done any painting of that sort.. The most I've done was a fingerpainting of a post saying that 90% of Trump's promise policies (BUILD THAT WALL, MORE JOBS, DEFEAT ISIS) will not work and that's it. I genuinely believe that a Trump presidency will be a failed presidency in the sense where all his promises will not be implemented. [QUOTE=JumpinJackFlash;51345610]Before it happens, I want everyone to know I don't expect very good responses to my post. Especially from ROFLBURGER, using a website to present an argument for you [I]and then using it incorrectly[/I] is just lazy. (I still laughed, even though I was disappointed)[/QUOTE] Is this really what we've come to? Come on, dude. You're better than that.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.