Posting Guidelines (15th December 2018) and Polidicks Board Rules
0 replies, posted
These are a set of guidelines to help people familiarise themselves with Facepunch. They’re not an exhaustive list, but if you follow these guidelines you can’t go far wrong.
Respect each other - Flaming and name calling will not be tolerated. Hate speech of any kind will result in you being permanently banned.
Be mindful of others - Think about how your post will impact other users. Don’t try to wind people up on purpose.
Be constructive - If you’re critiquing something, be detailed. Expand so it is helpful.
No hostility - Don’t post in anger. If something riles you up, take a few moments to compose your thoughts before replying.
Sobriety - Posting whilst under the influence is not a good idea.
Thread Necromancy - Please don’t bump really old threads. Make a new one. Don’t post in an old thread to say that it was bumped. That’s silly.
Use the Report feature - If you see something amiss, use the report feature. Ignore the text that is already on there; that can’t be changed right now. You won’t be punished for making reports.
Warez - Don’t post links to stuff. You can discuss pirated content.
“Call Outs” - These are posts that call on a user to explain something even though they’re not involved in a thread. Please don’t make these unless your post actually contributes to the thread.
Ratings - They’re a quick way to show sentiment towards a post. Please don’t angrily post about receiving “Dumb” ratings, it makes you look stupid.
Use English - This is an English speaking forum, you should always speak in English unless directed otherwise (for example, the Swedish chat thread).
Subforum Specific Rules - Subforums may have a specific set of rules which if they exist, will be listed below. Please be sure to view these before posting.
Lurk - If you’re not entirely sure what to say, don’t say anything at all! It’s recommended that you lurk for a few days before posting.
Bans are a warning - No need to get all bent out of shape if you get banned. We use these to warn you that what you’re doing is wrong. If you chat with the Moderator who banned you on Discord, they may unban you if you show understanding and remorse.
Moderators Are Never Wrong™ - We are beyond criticism and are the best. Moderators have green usernames; you should do as they say.
These forums belong to Garry - They’re a privilege, not a right.
Polidicks Rules and Guidelines
1) Users will be held to a higher standard of posting in this board. Jokes or puns must be appropriate to the situation.
2) Repeated flippant reports of another user because you don't like them or their posts, may result in you temporarily having your posting privileges on Polidicks revoked, on a case by case basis.
3) Don't post opinion pieces without tagging them with [opinion].
4) If you think an article or post is garbage, don't post in it, but report it instead. Posting in garbage threads contributes nothing to a discussion.
5) Posting anything designed to be deliberately inflammatory or bigoted isn't covered here under expression of opinions. Express opinions properly, or don't post at all.
6) Users deemed to be skirting the rules may be punished appropriately on a case to case basis. This is a board for civil and honest discussions and will be enforced using moderator discretion if necessary. Repeated violations may lead to temporary or permanent suspensions from posting in this subforum.
1) Don't use sources more than 2 weeks old, search for a duplicate thread before posting, and don't use tags except for distinguishing opinion pieces.
2) Use common sense when selecting your sources. They should be no more than center left or center right biased on https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/. Posting parody articles as news may get you banned.
3) Don't copy and paste entire articles. A small snippet detailing it in general is enough along with a link.
4) The thread OP is responsible for updating a breaking news article with any updates.
5) If there is no non-English source for an article, a translation must be provided, or an English source if it becomes available.
6) If the article is pay walled, present an alternative none pay walled source.
Discussion Thread Guidelines
1) Discussion threads in Polidicks will be held to a much higher standard than the news articles. Users must be prepared to properly debate their positions, and low effort posts such as memes or puns are not permitted.
2) Be absolutely civil in discussion threads. Callouts, unsourced arguments, bait, or bad faith debating will lead to a ban.
3) Any media posted in discussion threads should be related to the topic under discussion.
4) If challenged by a moderator to expand on an unclear point, you must be prepared to do so in a reasonable timeframe.
A user deemed to be repeatedly and willfully breaking the Polidicks rules may, at the discretion of the Polidicks Councilors and subject to moderator approval, lose their privilege to post in the board temporarily or permanently, along with other punishment at mod discretion. There will be no appeals except directly to @Hezzy if it can be proven that you deserve the benefit of the doubt in the matter. Each appeal will be voted for on a case by case basis subject to final approval by the mod team. Violating the rules for a year after a permanent suspension appeal will earn you a one month ban, and a second violation a permanent forum ban.
These rules are subject to modification on a case to case basis. If you have any questions please contact one of the moderators responsible for the Polidicks forum ( @FlakTheMighty @Unclejimmema @SIRIUS ), and if you have any suggestions please contact a Polidicks Councilor ( @Zonesylvania @HumanAbyss @Grenadiac @Raidyr @Borealis ) so they can be passed on to the mod team, or make a suggestion in the forum discussion thread: Forum Discussion V. Has Come To.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.