• Nvidia announces next gen gpu due 2020, Will use 7nm architecture.
    35 replies, posted
So because Nividia is on a shitroll with press since the RTX fiasco, and has gotten almost zero positive coverage unless its BFV's RTX being optimized, I must be an AMD shill. You can draw your own bullshit conspiracy theories, but Ive been rocking intel/nividia since sandybridge and the 670, and I just want better competition vs the two or maybe three with intel hopping on.
As someone who just bought a 2070 and a decent intel chip, I still look forward to competition. I mean it would be fantastic if I could tell my friend in a few months that he can get a new AMD card for $300 that can rival my $500 card's performance (if the rumors turn out to be true). Like, how could anyone think that's a bad thing? Doesn't give me any buyer's remorse, early adoption is expensive, and it just makes the whole market better for everyone else. Then maybe the 2070 drops to $300 like it should be, everyone wins.
Pretty sure the entire world is getting screwed over by Nvidia, SK Hynix, Samsung, Micron and the rest of the RAM industry at the moment, components cost like twice as much as they ever have before
What I meant is that Sweden doesn't get screwed over more than any other countries. It performs like an overclocked 1080. That's still really disappointing for the price, but its not a step backwards in performance.
https://cdn.sweclockers.com/artikel/diagram/15831?key=66d5677c63d678f028bdd4113df4a0ae https://cdn.sweclockers.com/artikel/diagram/15808?key=f7504c62559ec128cf839753817fda5f Yep, I was wrong. But it depends on how you look at it, to me it's still a step back considering the GTX 1070 cost about the same as a 970 when it launched while being slightly faster than a 980Ti
It is a disappointing generational upgrade for pascall owners, but coming from a 970, this 2070 feels ridiculous, plus new niche features. It's great but yeah it should be like 400ish.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.