• SonicFox, the gay, furry, esports player of 2018, sounds off and won’t stop
    350 replies, posted
Suspect#1: Apparently never been outside in their life and is 10 Suspect#2: Troll, with a history of making a half a point and then beating it to death over the course of thread for the supposed 'laffs' Suspect#3: history of meltdowns, medications, taking out personal anxiety attacks on forum users and hypocrisy with regularity Suspect#4: alt of permabanned thrice user whom apparently enjoys being permabanned and literally exists for thread derailing alone All different points converging in a sea of piss. What? The FGC has a history of having completely batshit people busting their asses and then reacting accordingly, which is why outside of Korea it's the most watched electronic event, and one of the most trash talkingest, actual go outside and fight you members of Public Pop Off club is this person, Ricki Ortiz so your supposed premise might need such things as objective evidence that isn't 4chan. Secondly the FGC has been at the forefront of getting marginalized people limelight, respect and bro and sis-fists, so again either you really haven't been paying attention over the last ten years or your premise probably needs refining. Fighting games take immense amounts of training and dedication compared to many other genres/niches and these people do it out of love and desire, cause unlike all those other niches and genres, FGC winners don't get paid shit, with top earners getting a tenth to a twentieth of what people in other esports genres earn for far less investment. Maybe do some research before making generalized assumptions circa 1985.
Who would've thought it only took 8 pages in a facepunch thread to out-cringe sonicfox?
Threads like these are a guilty pleasure of mine, it's been a very entertaining hour reading through it
And they wonder why furries roll in pointless drama.
Some of these argument posts must have had some pretty high altitude flight paths. Took them right over some of these other posters' heads.
As entertaining and slightly dumb-founding to read this thread was, this absolutely takes the cake for me. What could possibly drive someone to literally dig through years of posts, that look like they've been screenshoted and cataloged, of random forum users, and then basically use that at will to try and call into the question the credibility of the the person they're engaging with. This is ridiculously unhealthy.
That actually sounds pretty creepy to be honest.
He's done that before with other users, it's his weird quirk that comes off as really salty and obsessive
If he's done this routinely in the past I dunno how he hasn't been banned for it, I would think posting screenshots of post histories for arguments would be a no-no
I honestly can't believe you lot got so riled up over some furry esport player. It's pretty sad, honestly.
That's kind of homophobic don't you think?
All of the previous thread aside, I do honestly feel that "being gay shouldn't be your personality" is a kind of coded dogwhistle for being uncomfortable with gay people, particularly their behavior.
Nah, it's "Don't prop your entire personality on the shoulders of your sexuality, regardless of which sexuality you identify with". All you do is feed stereotypes if your sexuality = your personality. End of.
And what exactly is "gay people's behavior" in you mind?
"You're making gay people look bad" and "you're feeding stereotypes" is also something that I take serious issue with, because it insinuates that your tribe's optics are more important than being yourself and having fun. If you're feeding stereotypes and having a great time exploring identity and living life, then who gives a fuck.
furry drama is incredible, i insert it into my veins everyday
I can't tell if people just refuse to see the point, or do it purposefully. There is a difference between living life and sexuality = personality. You wanna know why? Sexualities are not descriptive adjectives. Be as free as you so damn please, be as wild as you want, but doing it all under the pretense of "I do it because I'm gay, and my sexuality puppets my actions" is where people consider it unnecessary. Why does your sexuality have to determine your personality? Why can't you live life without using your sexuality as a reasoning? Straight, gay, bi etc. is what you are, not who you are. But then people like SonicFox throw that out the window because he's gay, a furry, obnoxious about both, and, uh..............did I mention he's gay? He's also gay.
You can do it all you want, but don't be surprised when people call you stupid. My issue with him is he just throws away all criticism at him being homophobia and people just not liking the fact that he's gay. He's using it as a shield to hide behind.
I don't think many people feel this way at all. I've never ever encountered an attitude like you're describing and I've been pretty deep into some gay social circles being a trans lesbian myself. Maybe it comes across that way, but a lot of flamboyantly gay people are just... really, really proud to be out and loud about it. And I understand why. It's a wonderfully freeing feeling getting to express my sexuality when I'm occasionally allowed to. Sexuality doesn't determine your personality. But being loud and proud about it can be a big part of it, and that's okay, as long as it brings happiness to you. Sonicfox seems very happy with how he expresses himself and it doesn't hurt anybody so... why not? i'm not sure but he might be gay idk
Is he gay though?
And that's great, but don't be surprised if people find him loud, obnoxious and annoying. Just because people don't like him because of that, doesn't mean those people have underlying Homophobia. It just HAPPENS that he is gay in this context.
You can really do it if it really brings you happiness, but doesn't mean it can't be annoying as fuck to other people (since most people dont give a shit what your sexuality is)
Honestly, I think this is the best example, and it should have been brought up 9 pages ago. You know that joke "How do you find the vegan in the group? Don't worry, they'll let you know"? I feel like it's pretty safe to assert that most people can understand why that joke works, because we all either have heard or at least heard of those stereotypical vegans who go out of their way to incessantly make a point of the fact that they're vegan. And people find the joke funny because they find those kinds of people obnoxious and pretentious. They're not the butt of that joke because they're vegan. They're the butt of that joke because they're obnoxious. Put another way, these people act like being vegan is their personality. They have no nuance, no depth to them. It's just "I am vegan" and that's it. They act like a cardboard cut-out created by a hack of a writer who doesn't really understand why people choose to be vegan. When people say "being gay isn't a personality," this is exactly what they mean. Take all of the above and replace the word "vegan" with "gay". Everything still applies. In fact, you can replace the word "vegan" with anything - like, for example, metalhead. This is something that probably won't be as universally recognized as the vegan joke, but anyone whose been around in the online metal communities all knows that kind of person who has their nose so stuck up in the air about "X band doesn't play real metal!" No one gives a shit about the fact that SonicFox is gay. The problem people have with him is the fact that he (apparently) acts like that's the most important about him. Personally, I think the idea of treating one's sexuality as their personality is demeaning to themselves. Reducing yourself to just "I like dick" or "I like pussy" is a disservice - everyone is a wonderfully, beautifully complex human being full of quirk and nuance. No one should reduce themselves to just a single adjective.
It was, it's literally on the front page.
Fair. It should have been brought up more often, because obviously the people who got in a tizzy about this didn't bother to read the thread, and as such, didn't see it.
Well since it's on the first page, I assumed they did because it's the first page.
Of course, since such people actually exist, you're going to have to give those hack writers some credit. They nailed it.
lmao what the fuck 10 pages of dumbass discussion on some esport player because he is obnoxious Side note, can someone explain to me how being a "Furry" is not a mental illness? I'm genuinely curious to know, cause it has all the hallmarks of a mental illness. It's something I've never understood people defending not seeing a therapist over.
Could you expand on that? "Mental illness" is a really broad category to claim furries have all the hallmarks of. Which mental illness in particular are you talking about?
I think you should start with clarifying what exactly makes it is a mental illness in your eyes.
Sorry, you need to Log In to post a reply to this thread.