1 Meter Past Max Gun Range?

Hey everybody, just a question I had.

I used to play on a PvP server to practice on, and I do not know whether it is a bug or not, but I’ve used a P250 or an M4 and have killed people, then logs show that I shot them 1 meter past the range limit of the gun if I’m that far away. EX: P250 at 121m or M4 at 141m. Admins have showed me this, and it seems I’m not the only one as well, hearing it from some other players as well. Is this a bug with range or is it rounding up the range it is around (Like if it’s 120.5, it rounds itself to 121)? I have never shot past 121 apparently, but this has happened to me twice in a couple of months.

Any help would be appreciated!

How do you know the exact distance between you two?

[editline]3rd June 2014[/editline]

Admins have posted the logs in the chat.

Oh so there’s a mod that keeps track of distance? Interesting… I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a slight lag in the time from when the shot is fired and when it hits, so when you shoot the person is 120m away but when it hits they’re 121m away.

That’s just a guess though, I wouldn’t blindly trust the output of a log from a mod though.

EDIT: Man… this Pretty_Boy guy really doesn’t like me for some reason. I’m surprised wargaming hasn’t dumbed this post, too. He’s usually really on top of things.

It wasn’t from a mod I believe, it was from the actual logs of the server. Sorry if I was being vague. :stuck_out_tongue:

[editline]3rd June 2014[/editline]

I have also read this, but I don’t know if it’s true or not or if it’s out of date.

http://puu.sh/9dZyw/3f1ddfe630.jpg

Anyone know the answer?

It can be lag for you but I managed to kill someone at 4000+m, no hacks, just because of the bleeding, we went to arena my friend killed then he got tp back home and bled to death, it says I killed him at 4XXXm :slight_smile:

if I’m not mistaken, bleeding out counts as suicide…

Yeah, I believe it doesn’t show as someone killing said person, but as an unknown entity killing you or something like that.

[editline]4th June 2014[/editline]

I considered lag as well, it’s very weird. And I’ve seen that 4000+m crap before, some admins don’t look into it and automatically think of banning the person.

Well earlier I got headshotted from 250m-ish with an M4. I looked for his steam ID but no luck. If he WAS hacking his name was Mr Donutss

Pretty sure the bullet just doesn’t disappear after the allowed range. I would assume reduced damage and of course physics.