10-20 FPS PLEASE HELP

I bought Rust a few days ago and at first i was getting as much as 3 fps. I made some changes: set to High Priority, Razer Gamebooster, Ran as Admin, set Grass. on false and Grass.displacement false. Now i get around 10-20 fps in the menu, in game i get about a steady 11 fps. Is there anything i can do to make it better, i am open to everything. Also i am running a Windows 7. Please Help.

(User was banned for this post ("All caps thread title" - MaxOfS2D))

I also have a problem running this game more than 20-30+ fps. To me it’s unplayable. Fun fact: My PC can run Battlefield 4 Multiplayer on Ultra with AA and everything 60+ fps, but can’t run Rust with playable performance :S Even though it’s an alpha. I’m kind of worried and spent my money on a game that I can’t play.

Please list your system specs. Such as graphics card and cpu.

I run an i7-4770 w/ gtx 760 and can play with at least 40+ frames on the highest settings

Sorry for me being a noob, but im new to laptops for the most part; how do i show my specs?

My System Specs are:

CPU: Amd FX 8320 3.5 GHz 8-core
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 660 2GB Video Memory
RAM: 12GB DDR3
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition.

I’m very glad to hear any sort of advice making the performance any better! (:

Download and install a program named Speccy and post a screenshot

Here are my specs:
Processor-AMD E-440 Radeon™HD Graphics 1.65 GHz
RAM-4.00 GB
Operating System-64-bit
EDIT:
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD E-450
40nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
TOSHIBA Portable PC (Socket FT1) 66 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
384MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 6300 series Graphics (Toshiba) 67 °C
Storage
298GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABD032 ATA Device (SATA) 42 °C
Optical Drives
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C0 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

On my macbook Air with 4 gb ram and Mavericks, i can play with 40+ FPS. On my PC(8GB DDR3 ram, ATI Radeon HD 4800, Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit Intel Core I7) I can play with 60+ Fps. I play always with grass off and grass displacement off.

the games is not optimise…if u dont know what optimise means, follow me! optimization is when a game cleans and get rids of codes that cause lag and performance drop. now before u say why doesnt garry optimize the game? theres a good answer to that, optimization will take alot of time and optimization can often make code the game all over and can get real frustrated. oh and FPS and performance is no concern to the devolopers right now so u have to wait till they optimize the game. :smiley:

Sooo there is nothing i can do?

there is a way out though (please dont hate me but this is the only way i coukd find) u can get a better GPU or get a better computer

How would i go about getting a better GPU?

With a laptop, you can’t. You need a new computer altogether.

Alright…do you think that the game will ever be optimized to fit my specs?

optimization boosts the games performance code meaning it will boost the game and will not do anything to your specs so your FPS will go from 10-35 possibly but getting new specs will do a better job(have u also heard of Minecraft’s Optifine? I think it gives a better explanation)
also im part french so sorry for my bad english :slight_smile:

Possibly, but I would doubt it, since the E-series of processors are entry-level APUs anyway, not at all built for gaming.

Glad I wasted that $20
Thanks anyway

[editline]26th December 2013[/editline]

Anyone know of any good quality cheap desktops or laptops

Yay, i can help with this :slight_smile: try this link http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1338857 I got from 40 fps to 100

I have no clue what happened, in the start menu I’m getting 1 fps

-snip misread the specs- You can head over Here and ask them a good computer for cheap.