1000 player in s&box

It’s too early to talk about it, but do you think we can somehow reach 1000 players on the server? Garry talked about 500 players, but maybe if you have a good hosting, you can add 1000 players, well, or write your own networking for this :).

1 Like

umm kinda possible since there is multithread support unlike source 1

4 Likes

perhaps it is, Garry was talking only about 500 players, but I think that this can be increased to 1000 players with the help of good hosting or your network code

1 Like

Check out “Bespoke Networking” on the latest blog: June 2021 - News - s&box

There’s the possibility of having the server’s API telling you where players and other entities are instead, which opens up the possibility for tens of thousands of players on an infinite grid world.

4 Likes

Wonder how you’ll resolve the physics for something at that scale. I assume you’ll get something closer to an MMO with shared home spaces without any physical interaction;- and then you can split into smaller lobbies with full physics-enabled simulations.

Either that or a distributed system for physics calculation usingn something like an octree.

1 Like

I want to make a server on ARMA, or on GTA 5 RP, without players access to physics, I think you understand what I’m talking about.