2 Reload sounds?

I’m making a SWEP and other than the custom reload sound I gave it, there is another sound playing at the same time when I reload.

I have the same problem; the original Counter-Strike sounds play with my custom sounds at the same time, & without the custom sounds the original sounds still play.

I’m stumped on getting the CSS sounds to stop playing.

[lua]
function SWEP:Reload()
return true; – override the original sounds
end
[/lua]
:eng101:

If only it were that easy; I think it has something to do with the animations of the custom models being linked to the CSS sounds, and playing those instead of the custom sounds that came with the model.

I’m using EmitSound to get the customs to play so, instead of the customs being activated by animation, it’s being played by a timer.

Maybe there’s a way to directly associate animation with sound?

Maybe use an editor sound like sound forge or other one and mix that 2 sounds

Maybe try returning false on the Reload function and duplicating the function. Adding the clip ammo amount and playing the animation by setting the viewmodel sequence?

[lua]function SWEP:Think()
if self.Weapon:Clip1() < self.Primary.ClipSize and self.Owner:KeyPressed(IN_RELOAD) then
Reload2(self.Weapon, self.Owner)
end
end

function SWEP:Reload()
return false
end

local function Reload2(wep, own)
wep:EmitSound(“blah.wav”)
wep:SendWeaponAnim(ACT_VM_RELOAD)
timer.Simple(0.5, wep:SetClip1(wep.Primary.ClipSize)) – adjust timer based on animation length
timer.Simple(0.5, own:RemoveAmmo(wep.Primary.ClipSize - wep:Clip1()))
end[/lua]

^Untested^

I think SendWeaponAnim plays it silently, but I could be wrong. There might be other ways of getting it to play the animation without any sound, maybe:

[lua]wep:GetViewModel():SetSequence(ACT_VM_RELOAD)[/lua]

Otherwise, I don’t know. Just trying drowning it out?