2 Tricks for Raiding Suicide Bases

Posting these videos here because they are buried within the suicide base thread. There are two tricks I have up my sleeve so far for accessing hanging style suicide bases. I will post more to my channel when I have figured others out. The first trick is access by suicide (fighting suicide with suicide, odd is it not? =P). The second trick uses spikes. If you like my tips and tricks, subscribe to my youtube channel! -Jediaelthewise

I liked more the first one (because of the irony of using the same feature that allows suicide houses against them), the second one uses a method a bit too graphically buggy IMO and you get a lot of damage from the spikes even with kevlar.

This game is so buggy it’s disgusting…not only are suicide bases stupid…the fact you can stack shit like this is just flat out broken.

The amount of people that complain about problems in alpha is disgusting. We all know it’s a problem, complain about it when the game is in a release state.

Thank you!

I would if the shit that was broken wasn’t something that could be easily fixed in an afternoon with a couple of scripts and check boxes in Unity…

Wtf how do you know what needs to be done to fix the bugs?
Assuming that these things can be fixed with a flick of the wrist is the stupidest thing I’ve heard in a while.

Because I work with Unity for about 10 hours a day for either Microsoft or Sony…I’ll name them both so people can’t be biased. I’ve been working in this stuff for years so I’m no rookie to how this works. If it doesn’t work that way then they are using Unity wrong…

Have you talked with garry offering your help with these easy fixes?

It would be a waste of time to bother talking to him. We all know they don’t care and they work at their own pace anyways. The fixes are easy but apparently they aren’t high enough on the to do list. I guess a few more months of declining population might bring them out of their slumber. I’d rather have multiple tiny bug fix patches released more frequently than a giant once a month one. It at least gives the player base the illusion that the devs really care.

Bill Gates here. Can confirm that almosttactful works for Microsoft.

-Bill Gates on the internet

Nice work, I’m glad this was finally recorded for people so they can either stop complaining that suicide bases are unraidable or just stop using the design.

You would think people would be more focused on the solutions to these bases that people have COMPLAINED about constantly since the inception of the suicide base instead of complaining about the current solutions to get into them, aka buggy.

Congrats ! My goodman,you bought an Alpha game and yet still whining about it ! And if you find yourself an eligible programmer or can add another contribution to the dev team.Please do not hesitate about to invoke at Facepunch !

Since you know what is the problem:“I would if the shit that was broken wasn’t something that could be easily fixed in an afternoon with a couple of scripts and check boxes in Unity…”

You can help us all ! Fix dem scripts with a magical wand and do not forget to check boxes !

Edit:Because I work with Unity for about 10 hours a day for either Microsoft or Sony…I’ll name them both so people can’t be biased. I’ve been working in this stuff for years so I’m no rookie to how this works. If it doesn’t work that way then they are using Unity wrong…
So you know what Alpha,Beta or Retail version means ? I do not wanna mention about Super Tests.

Can you provide us with proof of this?

You said “lol you can fix this with checkboxes” and said "uhm I work for Microsoft/Sony (the fact that you’re giving us a choice tells me you’re full of shit). But you have no proof.

your videos are flaw’d. smart people actually place pillars everywhere, so you cannot do what you did in the first, also they use more than a 2 foundation gap between their base and the edge.

You obviously don’t understand how these bases are made. It makes no difference how many more foundations you circle your base with and pillar up, the flaw is you can’t pillar up the middle pillar under the suspended base part as the ceiling prevents it. This leaves it vulnerable to the spike wall trick. This base had PILLARS everywhere you can place them on a foundation as high as they would go. Putting another perimeter of foundations and pillars up would only slow down the sleeping bag trick on the first video.

Smart people know that there are places you cannot place pillars, like under ceilings. That is the inherent flaw of this particular style of suicide base. Making a larger foundation gap does nothing either as the spike trick can still be used. You sir are incorrect.

Could I give proof sure…but I refuse to come on another dev’s site, insult the practices at hand and then out right tell them what other company I work for…I’m not an idiot lol. The last thing I’d need is facepunch to contact my employer and ask them to tell me to STFU on a professional level. And literally yes…check boxes…the power of scripts are amazing!

Makes sense that you dont want to give any personal information in a public forum, people here thinks they can ask personal questions and claim that others are “full of shit” (something the dont have proof either) to rise themselfes over others but there is a way of giving proof without peronal data leak:

Have you been involved in any indepented game before or maybe just a hobby project made by yourself? If you have, you can upload to the forum some models or scripts explaining what they do or how they have been made, proving then your knowledge. You can even make something fast for us to see it.

I must say that you dont need to do any of that, if you are or are not what you claimed to be is nobody´s business but yours and nobody should call you a liar without proof. It is better just ignoring them, but if you do what I proposed maybe we can learn some Unity :smile:

Translation: “I refuse to criticize unless I can hide behind the internet with no accountability. Then I feel perfectly save throwing baseless accusations with no proof.”

If you use it so much every day, it wouldn’t take more than a second for you to give us a few screenshots of what you’re talking about. I mean you so obviously know the ins and out and spend 10+ hours on it every day. You even said you know it’s a matter of a few check boxes. That’d be easy to screen cap, wouldn’t it? You’re a smart guy, you can prove us wrong.

But you know what, You’re right. In fact, maybe we should just follow some of your other great advice on another topic, seen here: http://forum.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1375690&p=44228508#post44228508 I think it fits for the current conversation too.