2b2t: this shit is dead now

Historically, the first mentions of this ruleless Minecraft server were made in the late Facepunch forums, so I ask that this post is not removed because of that. This will probably be the last Facepunch post ever made about 2b2t. Being on 2b2t back then must’ve been like being upon the shoulders of giants: it was brand new, it had little to no history, and there were endless possibilities. Friends to be made, bases to be founded, bonds to be formed… it was simply beautiful. The server has been up and running for over 10 years now, and every year had its fair share of history. This is not an advertisement, I’m not looking for anyone to join, there’s already thousands of players trying to join in appreciation for the 10 year old map and history surrounding it. Also note that I am not “Hausemaster” the server operator, I am simply posting under this name in order to keep anonymity of myself. I feel that I don’t need to go into the reasons why this thread should not be removed, but the main reason is because this is art. 2b2t is history spanning 10 whole years. The first mention of 2b2t was on these forums, and I am posting another thread, nearly 10 years later, on the new forums. Also, yes I know that this is on the “Garry’s Mod general” and that may be alarming to a few people as well as the mods, but you have to understand that the history spanning over 10 years started with the Garry’s Mod server, 2builders2tools. This is a form of art, a form of appreciation for this legendary server… so I ask the mods to keep this up. Feel free to discuss the server as you wish on this thread.

Sorry I didn’t understand, for how long has this server been running?

1 Like

I guess I said “10 years” too much haha… also the mods seemed to dislike it so much they force flaired it as “schizopost” the first of its kind.

1 Like

why are you pretending to be Hausemaster lmao

2 Likes

Let’s get this thread going, spawn in November 2011 vs. today. also I’m not Hause rofl I said it in the post

1 Like

This was mostly just a post for fun, seeing the state of the FP forums today. The last of the 2b2t schizoposts.

1 Like

Hausmaster i was banned for building a contraption that kept crashing the server but other did it and didnt get banned (popbob) so i yhink its unfair for me to get baned and not them

can i unban?

1 Like

ezz ban get owned

1 Like

In all seriousness though I’m not Hause/the server operator, consider it an alias I’m going by as to not reveal my identity.

1 Like

https://2b2t.miraheze.org/wiki/Hausemaster
Yo is this the actual Hausemaster?

1 Like

Yeah, Hause is the server operator that’s been running it all this time. I, however am not him.

1 Like

I mean this has nothing to do with facepunch so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be removed? The facepunch forums are only for games made by them.

1 Like

I guess it KINDA fits with it being meta, it’s not necessarily facepunch games but still related to the facepunch forums.

1 Like

I just want to say that I started a 2b2t faction called “Facepunch Republic” in 2011 and I’ve had people constantly messaging me about it since then. It was the first major faction on the server and I think I took the first picture of spawn. Some friends of mine have talked to children offline who recognize my username based on these events.

10-year-old video about a base we made: Fort Creatonism Corner - A Facepunch base of 2b2t.net. - YouTube
Wiki page about the facepunch federation: Facepunch Federation - 2b2t Wiki

If anyone else went through this in 2011 this or knows anyone else from this time, please let me know.

1 Like

I don’t think most people care about a Minecraft server.

Also, this thread doesn’t fit into this category just because it’s ‘historical context to a previous thread’

2 Likes

It’s in the highly prestigious “schizopost” category, it totally fits.

1 Like

While I didn’t play through that time myself, I do know a couple names of people that did. x0XP, BennyGun, chrisleighton, xcc2, popbob, and policemike55 just to name a few. All of them are still active in some form (excluding chrisleighton) but they aren’t easy to reach.

1 Like

This forum is for basically just for developers now. As i understand it, the meta tag exists to discuss features or issues with the forum software, not for things unrelated to the facepunch developed games. If you want to discuss that kind of stuff there is already a place to do so with an active community.

3 Likes

And I like it better this way, I personally have never been to the general discussions subforum because it was full of bullshit that didn’t interest me. There was a clear divise between the game community and the oldpunch community. I prefer newpunch

4 Likes