2D map view.

Hello.

Well today i decided to make my own map for Garry’s mod and well, i couldnt.

The picture below tells you why.

I was making Portal maps earlier and i didn’t have any problems at all, it’s just Hammer with Garry’s mod. I can make anything but i can’t see it in any of the views.

EDIT: I forgot to add, as you can see in the top left corner the grid view is on. You can also see that the top right view is set to 2D top.

Thanks.

Are you using 2009 or 2007 Hammer? 2007 should be a lot less buggy at the moment.

I don’t get it, I just downloaded it from the Steam tools. I thought thats what everyone does…

On source SDK select the 2007 engine from the dropdown menu then go to hammer.

Thats what i do, 2007 engine, Garry’s mod. I’m using HL2DM Hammer right now, it opens gmod VMF files, i can edit them, i don’t know if i can use them as gmod maps, i’ll check later.

You need to be using an orange box game if you want to use a gmod config…or that happens. HL2DM is NOT an orange box title.

Oh ok, so HL2, EP1 and EP2? Is TF2 included?

At the moment i’ve got Portal, Gmod and CS:S

Not ep1…its not orange box.

Portal, ep2, tf2.

But i do have Portal. :S

Alternatively…bin the gmod config as you don’t need it and map in whatever engine you like.

you can use the gmod config, but it’s pretty buggy.

when you’re going to map for gmod use this if you’ve got it:

if you haven’t got it don’t worry, just switch to the 2006 engine and choose either css, hl2, ep1

Is that a joke or? :S

What happened to “You need to be using an orange box game if you want to use a gmod config…or that happens. HL2DM is NOT an orange box title.”

So i can make my map in Portal?

EDIT: This is what i’ve got for Source engine 2006.

I’ve got nothing for Source engine 2007. What do you use to make Garrys mod maps?

don’t use the gmod config, just map in another.

i’m guessing you don’t own episode 2, portal or tf2? so use css then put the .bsp into the gmod maps folder when you’re done.

Ok, thankyou very much for the help. I’ll give it a shot.

EDIT: It worked, thanks!

Use the 2006 version if you wanna map for gmod. The other ones are bugged