5 FPS with a MAXWELL graphics card??

Hi, i’ve just recently downloaded rust. I’ve played a while on my first laptop which has a nvidia 650m and i got 20-30 FPS.
I’ve just recently downloaded it on my second laptop which has a nvidia 970m Maxwell graphics card (SO MUCH BETTER)
But on my maxwell i get around 5 fps on the worst settings i put when i press F2…

Now this doesnt make sense considering this graphics card is about 3 times stronger than my first 650m g.card.
can anyone explain this to me?
Thanks alot, appreciated.

P.S- I really want to play and my g.card gets like 100 FPS on bf4 ULTRA graphics. Makes no sense ;(

What resolution?

1920xx1080 or even 1600x900…
Dude 970m could run bf4 in ultra, then rust should be a peace of cake regardless of res :frowning:

Lower it, and you can’t compare Rust to BF4 in any way what so ever.

I’ve tried, it makes no difference. Its the optimization. I suppose rust devs didnt optimise the game for hte new gen maxwells yet.

This is no power house, I get around 33-35 FPS with everything turned on.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.40GHz	30 °C
RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Mobo: MSI Z87M GAMING (MS-7866) (SOCKET 0)	34 °C
GFX: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (MSI)	34 °C

So I find odd you only get around 5FPS.

yea, thats what makes no sense. I really think the devs havent introduced maxwell g.cards to rust so it hasnt been optimized

Forgot to mention, I was running in 1080p, normally I just run in 720p Windowed.

This really makes no sense…my g.card is so good, i have 16 gb ram, i7 and yet i get the worst frames possible

[editline]16th October 2014[/editline]

This game is just broke

Are you making sure you’re setting the profile to force Rust to use your 970M?

Even if it is, experimental is in active development. Optimization is the last thing you do with code you’re working on. No point in optimizing code that might need to get thrown out tomorrow.

You’re in an alpha, remember.