64bit hexing program

Does anybody know if there is a 64bit hexing program (for hexing sweps and whatnot) our there? I cannot seem to find one.

Not the right place to ask. Post in the modelling section, they’re more likely to give you an answer.

You can use any hex-editor no matter on what platform you are running on (since 64bit OS can run 32bit apps). I personally prefer Notepad++ with the hex-plugin.

Ohh, I didn’t think that the 32bit hex program would work for me, thank you then :smiley:
Could you explain the hex-plugin for Notepad++ please?

Just try it.

Ok thanks guys, I imported a model for garry’s mod already.
Lock this now

I don’t think there are any 64-bit programs yet @.@ (and therefore no need to edit them :P)

what?

Theres no actual 64-bit programs, all the programs running on XP/Vista-64 and 7 are still 32-bit programs, its only the operating system itself that is 64-bit. Though its possible that programs written specifically for 64-bit might be, but I don’t think they are, they’re probberly just optimised. If i’m wrong and there is a 64-bit program please let me know, as i’ve yet to find one (unless i’ve been looking in the wrong place :P).

About half of my main programs (photoshop, 3dsmax, etc…) all have 64 bit variants that I use on a regular basis.
You should probably spend at least 5 seconds googling before you just say something like that.

Weird sure this wasn’t there when I last looked @.@ and anyway it seems its more of a driver issue than a coding issue from that.

Edit: Done some more research things like Photoshop (photo manipulators) and 3dmax (renderers) can actually run in 64-bit but they are the ONLY programs that do (which is interesting, you would have thought the games companies would be looking at making propperly 64-bit games).

There are thousands of 64bit programs out there. You just can’t search very well.

There are 64bit games too. GTA IV actually is enhanced to run better in 64bit mode.

I’m not too sure you even understand what 64bit means. It doubles register width from 32 bits to 64 bits. That means that instead of a number only being able to hold up to 4,294,967,296 they can hold up to 18,446,744,073,709,551,616. And because of this, the amount of memory accessible by the computer goes up too, among other things.

It’s not some MAGIC thing that only the OS or special programs can use. Anyone can just flip a 64bit switch in their compiler and start making 64bit programs.

I see, I didn’t fully understand what it was no, that makes alot more sense thankyou ^^ (and i’m not bad at searching, i’ve just not had time to dig as deeply as I normally would :frowning: )