99% GPU usage.

Hi.

Does anyone else have this “problem”? My temps are just fine, but my GPU is at max usage.

My specs:

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Intel Core i5 3570K
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
P8Z77-I DELUXE (LGA1155)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (MSI)
119GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series
232GB Samsung SSD 840 Series

And this only happens in Rust.

ps. no overclocking of any sorts.

I get the same with mine too. the games just not optimised yet that’s all.

I was actually thinking of that, just wanted to know if anyone else had the same issue, no biggie though.

It’s drawing as fast as the GPU can. (check your FPS)

Turn VSync on

Fps isn’t the issue. No mention of poor fps in any post.

The issue is the gpu is constantly given max load. My pc sounds like a jet engine when playing rust as I’ve changed the fan speeds with msi explorer to keep the temps down.

Here’s a screenie:

which ofcourse now isn’t showing 99% typical hehe, anywho, as I said, I was just curious if anyone else was having this

Wtf?!

I never said FPS was the issue, FPS will show that the graphic card is drawing as fast as possible (usually over 100fps when it is not necessary on good cards).

And this problem will go away when you turn VSync on. Why? Obviously because you lock to 60fps. And the gpu won’t need to reach 100% to do this.

Turn down your fans?

I can mine litecoins and play Rust and not hear my PC while still having respectable temps.

Who are you talking to?

turn on vsync case closed else your gpu is farked

How can the GPU be “farked” when this only occurs in Rust? Anywho I’ll try turning on VSync.

99% gpu usage is normal for games.

of course your gpu is going to try and go full on. I have a 770 and get the same thing. Games are demanding but everything is normal. Even if it isn’t demanding, unless it’s really lightweight, the GPU will put in it’s 100% to run the game as fast as it can.

Worry when your temps spike to 70c. That’s when you know that, unless it’s dusty, something is going wrong. Even if temps are bad, what you really have to worry, really really bad, is when it goes to 90c and above, that’s when you have to immediately clean the computer and ask some forums. Nvidia can handle 120c but I wouldn’t go above 70c personally.

70c is acceptable but only under heavy stress. You should also worry about older games that run over 120 fps, that’s when you should cap the framerate to ‘lighten the load’ with either vsync or an in-game feature.

Wow. That’s impressive

8Gig RAM isn’t impressive???

he was making a joke

it said 8,00 not 8.00, or, “800 gb’s”

that and most games recommend 8, no one needs more than that unless “Fuck it I’ll get more” or modelling

-MB: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
-CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.9GHz Turbo)
-GPU: GeForce GTX660 ZOTAC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express (2GB)
-RAM: Markvision 2x4GB DDR3 1333Mhz (8GB)
-HD1: Seagate SATA 3 500GB 64mb 7200RPM 6.0Gb/s
-HD2: Western Digital SATA 2 1000GB 64mb 7200RPM 3.0Gb/s
-Fonte: ATX SEVENTEAM 750W

CPU USAGE: 20%
GPU: N/A
FPS: The fps is 80-120 in fantastic quality

The game bug many times, my friend has a Core2Duo and 210GT, the game uses 20% of his cpu, then the fps is 20, he can not play.

In my case uses nothing and runs perfectly, it may be a bug, I can play and render a video in sony vegas in HD that the cpu is only 50%, the temperature reaches 90 degrees or higher xD

You do realize in Denmark, like many other places in the world, a comma is used instead of a dot for a decimal point?

yeah you should probably replace your CPU’s thermal paste now

What tool did you use for showing fps and cpu and gpu usage at the same time?

MSI Afterburner and HWinfo.