A cigarette, half a smile, and all the colors of the rainbow

In which I’ve discovered the Lamp tool.

For your browsing pleasure. Pick one or the other.

OR

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnFc7D0ZoCc

the last one is sick

Thanks. Can’t play surf maps for shit, so I figured I’d pose on one instead. A real pain in the ass when the floor warps you back to spawn, but I still did alright.

Loved the surf map idea as well!

Are these in any particular order? The quality is kind of all over the place. Some of them are okay, some of them are hard to look at due to extreme over-saturation. Lighting and pose quality also vary widely. I’m trying to narrow it down to one thing to say, but every time I find something they all lack or have, I find one image that either fixes the issue or has some deep problems.

I know it’s not exactly positive feedback but I’m not trying to put you down, you have potential for making quality work but you mostly lack consistency. Take more time to focus on single poses and more polished pieces.

Yeah, these were made over a few weeks, and I’m well aware the quality’s all over the place. I’m just trying to experiment with lighting, among other things.

Myself I really like the oversaturation. As my choice of music demonstrates, I’m a big fan of Nicholas Winding Refn, who himself uses really strong colors. That said, I think my shots are a little too sharp and unbalanced. I might leave my coloration more as a background detail in future, and focus more on my posing and shot composition.

But to be incoherently mediocre is better than to be outright bad, so I’ll take that as a compliment and aim to improve.

I rather like this one, got a good angle, though it could be a little tighter.

I like this one 'cause it reminds me of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, when the troopers are in the Skyranger and you get info about the mission. c:

Thanks. Never played much XCOM. I just wanted to use the shuttle prop.