A few questions re: Modding

Thinking of buying a server, but would like to verify I can do what I want before I get the server.

Here’s what I would like to change. I’m listing the mods that I know of to accomplish this in parentheses.
Alter loot tables (Oxide: Loot Spawn Lists; Leather: DropParty)
Restrict craftable / researchable / blueprinted items (Oxide: Crafting Controller)
Door Sharing (Oxide built-in; Rust++ built-in)

These are the changes I’d like to make that I know of no mods for or if it’s even possible to change:
Change starting / respawn gear, not using kits
Change starting researched items
Proximity based group chat (found none that are proximity based)
Decrease decay rate (server command, I think)
Alter material requirements for crafting items (possibly server config?)

As of right now, it looks like I want to buy a server that supports Oxide. Looking to see if anyone knows of mods that I haven’t found yet and if there are mods other than the ones I know of.

Hi, there are two plugin frameworks, Oxide & Leather. There’s a lot you can do with either one, but blocking item research is an Oxide exclusive at the moment. Leather’s mods so far are:

• DropParty
  • VACuum
  • Limited Sleepers
  • Rust++
  • Rust Essentials

There’s also GroupGate, but I don’t know if it’s made the jump to Leather 1.1 yet.

Thanks for the response! Was busy revising my post with a few more specifics and mods that I have found so far. i have a feeling that I won’t be able to get everything I’m looking for right now, since modding has only been around for a short while (from the look of it).

Yeah:

• Change starting / respawn gear, not using kits
    I think I’ll try my hand at this one soon.
  • Change starting researched items
    Believe it or not, starting BPs are part of the same data structure that determines starting gear. So when one is done, the other will be too!
  • Proximity based group chat (found none that are proximity based)
    This would be awesome but I think our modding tools need to mature before it’s possible.
  • Decrease decay rate (server command, I think)
    I think there’s some stuff out there that does this or will be soon.
  • Alter material requirements for crafting items (possibly server config?)
    This would be cool, but I think in order for it to show up properly in the client you’d need to communicate those changes to the client, which require client-side mods. Some experimentation is necessary, but I think that a surprising amount of logistics support is required for this.