A fucking ladder

So i can’t make a Fucking ladder because the fucking func_ladder entity is gone, so does any body else knows how to do a ladder please tell me

Place a prop_stati with a ladder model, then place a func_usableladder at the bottom (it’s a Point entity) then, drag the entities origin to the top of the ladder. Bam. Instant ladder. Add a ladder_dismount( or something, forgot the name :X) where ya want the player to be able to dismount.

i didnt have to do that before. Then i just placed a texture that said LADDER and there i was done. What you are saying sounds much more complicated

Your welcome…

wow that must have been the most usefull comment i’ve ever seen

snip

What happened to the ladder texture?

I know there was an update like 2 years ago that removed func_ladder and replaced it with the ladder texture.

Hey look it’s another asshole 10 year old begging for google-able help

The ladder texture only used to work in CSS, HL2 had the func_ladder entity still. New engine means you have to do it the more difficult way to my knowledge. Although it does provide a better ladder.

what i’m no fucking 10 year old. so FUCK YOU

[editline]06:34PM[/editline]

why did they remove it?

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - SteveUK))

Just QFT. Learn how to say “thanks.”

all i am asking about is to know how to create ladders in HL2DM. Because it’s not as easy like in the CSS version of hammer and then BurnBlackJay comes here and is telling me that i am a fucking 10 year-old

I believe he was pointing to masonrulz’s post, in which he told you exactly what you must do. Instead of thanking him, you simply began ranting how it is complicated. The truth also is that this information is very easy to find, I only had to type “Ladders in HL2dm” in google search, and it immediately brought me this.

Not that hard, seriously.

You were fucking told how to make a fucking ladder in the second fucking post. Learn to say fucking thanks and to not dismiss the fucking information because it’s more fucking complicated than you were fucking hoping you fucking fuck.
Also, google.

i have two words for you: fuck you

[editline]06:59PM[/editline]

and to you THANKS

An attitude like that will get you nowhere…chill out, or shut the fuck up.

It’s not honestly that complicated, ir makes better ladders, and it is the one and only way of making ladders, so :v:

Here you go:

Couldn’t have possibly put it better myself :buddy:

I don’t know, I personally prefer the old method. The new one has a place for getting on and a place for getting off, the old one means you can get off of the ladder whenever you want, which is generally more suitable for a map not trying to be realistic.

I wouldn’t mind having both.