A little script I made when I was bored

Yeah it’s kinda basic… But useful. And I did not know whether to put it in the Linux section or here.

cd srcds/orangebox/garrysmod/addons
rm -f -r wire
rm -f -r wmp
rm -f -r "wire model pack 1"
rm -f -r "Adv Duplicator"
svn checkout https://wiremod.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wiremod/trunk/
mv trunk/wire wire
mv "trunk/wire model pack 1" "wire model pack 1"
mv "trunk/Adv Duplicator" "Adv Duplicator"
rm -f -r trunk
echo Wiremod Successfully Updated

What it does: It deletes Old Wiremod Installations and Downloads and Installs the new one. This was just so I can get a little more confident with Shell. Just alter the Paths to the Necessary ones and Then run it.

not bad, but since it removes the old versions, wouldn’t it be cool, if it deletes all the .svn folders after the installation, since they are not needed?

for example:
find ./ -name “.svn” | xargs rm -Rf

Yeah, thanks for that :smiley: May as well do something till Garrysmod is fixed

“rm -f -r” wtf
It’s rm -rf

It’s rd /sq.

DIRTY WINDOWS BOY!

I use rmdir /sq :wink: Guess I’m just a higher class of DIRTY WINDOWS BOY than you :slight_smile:

While we’re sharing scripts, I’ll share a random windows script that I use for FastDL syncing!

rmdir C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fastdl\rp2\cache /sq
cd C:\GameServers\sourcersc\rp2
C:\GameServers\sourcersc\rp2\SourceRSC.exe
mklink /D C:\inetpub\wwwroot\fastdl\rp2\cache C:\GameServers\RP2(WIP)\orangebox\garrysmod\cache
pause

google SourceRSC, nice program for lazy people. Which has to be executed from it’s own directory, as well as will fuck up if a symlink is in there :confused:

The high level of scripting this thread will baffle even the brightest minds of my nieces nursery group!